• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Holster group build

Ironwood

Newly Enlightened
light man:

While I certainly respect your right to your opinion, I don't believe that this was the proper venue to express it. The man who started this post, produces these sheaths either as his primary profession or as an avocation. Posting your comments to this thread in particular was, at best, inappropriate and, at worst, mean spirited.

While my life experiences are not dissimilar to yours, apparently our opinions on the responsible use of natural resources differ significantly. Further, alluding to the possibility that utilizing elephant hide will "invite a curse" is fanciful and insulting.

Again, I respect your right to an opinion, however, in this case, I suggest that an apology to Matt for attempting to trash his thread would be appropriate.

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
light man:

While I certainly respect your right to your opinion, I don't believe that this was the proper venue to express it. The man who started this post, produces these sheaths either as his primary profession or as an avocation. Posting your comments to this thread in particular was, at best, inappropriate and, at worst, mean spirited.

While my life experiences are not dissimilar to yours, apparently our opinions on the responsible use of natural resources differ significantly. Further, alluding to the possibility that utilizing elephant hide will "invite a curse" is fanciful and insulting.

Again, I respect your right to an opinion, however, in this case, I suggest that an apology to Matt for attempting to trash his thread would be appropriate.

+1, very well said Ironwood, a sales thread or variant thereof is not the place to voice a political or socioeconomic opinion. All I've got to say is that Matt's work is absolutely superb, and I'd purchase more than one holester if I could afford to.:thumbsup:

StrayLight

Enlightened
Speaking as a hunter (and leather shoe wearer, and meat eater, etc, etc...) I had qualms about the use of certain animal hides, but I also had a private conversation with Matt about it and he assuaged my concerns about exotic hide provenance and sustainable animal harvest. Whatever your concerns or motivations, please take the conversation offline.

On topic, paypal sent for one PD black shark, open-top with clip.

m-thew

Newly Enlightened
Hi Benny, PM sent

Steve, clip change noted

Light Man, please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]
PM sent

Thanks again to all! Please check the recap page to make sure I have your orders correct.

m-thew

Newly Enlightened
Holester shipping update.

All open top holsters will be on the way Tuesday/Wednesday.
Flapped models will ship by the weekend.
Shipping notices will arrive shortly.
I apologize for running a few days behind.

Thanks,
Matt

lennart

Newly Enlightened
Matt,

I just received my LS27 holster in chocolate brown Croc, with silver flap and belt loop. :D

My light is as snug as a bug in a rug. No way the LS27 could get lost in this.

Best quality holster of any type I have seen yet!

good on ya Matt :thumbsup:,

Lennart

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received my second LS27 holester today from Matt. I requested the smallest overall form factor that he could manage, and looks perfect to me. :twothumbs

Last edited:

skcheng

Newly Enlightened
Art of the Hide LOVE!!

Here are some of my custom Holsters to house my lights. Any favorites anyone?? Matt's work is simply AWESOME :twothumbs

standard.jpg

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Re: Art of the Hide LOVE!!

I really dig the pink one. That's :cool:

Is this a pink light in there or did you photoshop it?

bernie

skcheng

Newly Enlightened
Re: Art of the Hide LOVE!!

I really dig the pink one. That's :cool:

Is this a pink light in there or did you photoshop it?

bernie

Hey Bernie,

That would be a limited edition pink Nautilus. Next to it is my Ti Nautilus from the last batch. The pink stingray case matches the light perfectly :D