Hotlips-C and D heatsinks. ALL AVAILABLE

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Premium Heatsinks for the Mag.

sorry monanza, nothing from paypal received in the 3 hours to now since your post. can you please confirm?

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank you Graham.

On the way to you up the Pacific /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast

hotbeam, thanks for the heads up. New paypal just sent and old one cancelled. I must have been half asleep when I sent the first one 'cause I misspelled your email address /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif.

Cheers.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast

Got my heatsinks today. Thanks hotbeam and Roth for making these available to us. I can't wait to put one into use.

Crosman451

Newly Enlightened
Re: *Announcing* premium \"hotlips\" heatsinks

Howard, I just sent PayPal for complete flashlight ready to run!! I can't wait!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Wylie

Enlightened
Re: *Announcing* premium

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif Rothrandir,
I have just been given an AT-100 from Numai, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif although it is a nice flashlight right out of the package my mind is a whirl with ideas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Your hotlips heat sink may just fit the bill for something a little odd but pretty cool. I have been thinking of a combination single L/S and 7 five-millimeter LEDs as this flashlight has a switch that could make this possible.
The deal is I need to get some measurements from you on your hotlips. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gifI would like to know the thickness of the heat sink in the depression surrounding the pedestal the L/S sits on. I would also like to know the over all height to the stop point and height including the stop point, diameter of your heat sinks is important as well if you could please. I have a pair of venires and can size up the flashlight to see if your heat sink will work for me. It may just end up that I go for a straight L/S mod because of the heat sink heating the 5-millimeter LEDs and the space allotted. I am just going through the thought stages now./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif This thing is a great mod body but it may not have the amount of aluminum needed for sinking a five watt. Then again I may just want a hand warmer this winter too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif I would appreciate any information you could help me with.
Thanks,
Wylie

gbreckley

Newly Enlightened

I am in CA and got my "hotlips" last week and they are absolutely awesome I can hardly wait to mount a 5W lux from elektrolumens up to one of these.

If you would be interested in C sized "hotlips" let hot beam know as he is considering the idea if there is enough interest

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Wylie

The "donut" depression is 3mm deep from the main part of the pedestal. There is 0.5mm centering post on top of that. Diam is just under 34mm. What do you mean by stop point? Could you please elaborate?

Feel free to PM me as well if you wish.

Hotbeam

Wylie

Enlightened

The stop point is the edge at the top that stops the heat sink from going all the way into the flashlight housing. let me get something together and I will post it so this will be easier. Hang on.
Thsi should help to explain the measurements I am interested in. Sorry I took so long i had to change the format but I got it done. What I could do with cad!
Sorry forgot to ask, could you give this to me in inches or I guess i could convert it too.
I just took a measurement on the inside diameter and it is at 1.41 inches or 35.8140 millimeters. It looks like the Hot Lips is going to be a little sloppy in this thing if I go this way. What if I were to draw up something and give you the measurements?
fbbd6e39.jpg

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Aqua:35.9mm, pink:15mm, brown:33.8mm, blue:16mm
How do those dimensions look in your mod?

Wylie

Enlightened

It looks a little sloppy in the flashlight I have here. Real close though.
So would you want to turn a custom sink for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I mean so what would you charge me anyway?

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am sure Roth would be *thrilled* to get a PM from you to do such a thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Roth, got time? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

Wylie

Enlightened

I'll have to do some noggin scratching and see how well I can rig this thing. Thanks hotbeam I'll do that, sure hope he has the time. Bummer is I will have to build the mod first and then find the right bin LED but it is not biggy. I was hoping I could just get the LED with the sink but I do have some Artic Alumina left. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

There has been good interest for Hotlips C. Please PM or leave me a message on the number you require and once the number reaches an economical level, I will organise its production. Costs will be marginally lower than the current D sized Hotlips.

Mike451

Newly Enlightened

Hotbeam,

I wanted you to know that I received the two HotLips heatsinks Saturday in the mail, er post. They are *perfect*! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif It turns out that I have an older D-cell Maglite that has a larger ID (37mm), so I will need to buy a new light to mod. This gives me the excuse I need to get a red or blue one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

A big ATTABOY to you and Roth for the design collaboration. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Thanks again for offering these fine heatsinks to members of the CPF. I can only imagine how much effort it takes to manage a project like this!

--Mike451

Elnath

Newly Enlightened

Looks great! PP sent for a config 1.

I'd be even more interested in the C size units!

lildave

Newly Enlightened

hey hotbeam, how about a few set screws on the inside to secure it without epoxy, just heat grease? From the hot lips to the body. Just an idea.