how many lights do you carry?

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since we're just talking EDC on your person, I'd rather carry more lights than spare batteries. Who wants to go fumbling around in the dark changing batteries when you could just pull out another flashlight?

Of course, you are right. I suppose I have in mind a specific set of circumstances involving an extended night hike, two flashlights, and spare batteries for both lights. As for EDC, I normally just carry my Elzetta Bravo with two spare primaries in a delrin capsule. However, I like to carry more firepower when I'm intentionally going into the dark.

terjee

Enlightened
Of course, you are right. I suppose I have in mind a specific set of circumstances involving an extended night hike, two flashlights, and spare batteries for both lights. As for EDC, I normally just carry my Elzetta Bravo with two spare primaries in a delrin capsule. However, I like to carry more firepower when I'm intentionally going into the dark.

For night hikes, another option is to go 2x2, with the cheap dual 18650 cases that are all over eBay, Ali, DX etc. Quality isn't great, but they might be good enough still. Batteries will rattle unless you add foam.

For hiking, I like being able to grab one set of spares, while having another tucked away somewhere else for example, so 2x2 might be better than 1x4.

Keitho

Enlightened
I just had a funny mental picture of terjee, long flowing white hair, standing on a huge arc, with all his cells walking up to it, two by two!

terjee

Enlightened
I just had a funny mental picture of terjee, long flowing white hair, standing on a huge arc, with all his cells walking up to it, two by two!

Hah, good timing! Right now I'm busy doing health-check on one pair of each of all the different 18650 types I have, then charging them to 3.92V, and setting them aside for preservation for a later time. ;-)

Getting off topic here, but it's incredible to see 18650s from 10+ year old laptop batteries still perform like crazy. Some of them are performing virtually like new. Almost crazy compared to pre-Eneloop NiMHs for example.

(Disclaimer: harvesting 18650s from laptop batteries is for experienced people only, don't take this post as a general recommendation to do so).

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I answered this a few months ago and I've already changed up. Nitecore tips on my house & car keys. Pl10 Valkyrie in the pocket. And mh20gtvn in a pouch. When my truck was broken into they took my headlamp, so I'm pretty sure they used it to forward their criminal enterprises. I try not to leave anything to help them anymore.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
At the moment I have three on me(I misplaced my Nitecore Tip): Malkoff MDC, Tac-ware TW-950, and an Inova XS.

The Hawk

Enlightened
I also subscribe to the saying "Two is one, one is none" Therefore, I EDC at least two flashlights along with spare batteries.

TimeOnTarget

Newly Enlightened
Is this too many?

These Vanquest organizers are great!

Decisions, decisions...

A5IL6hq.jpg
[/IMG]

OLuT4KZ.jpg
[/IMG]

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Conversation with my boss at work:

Boss: how many light do you need?

Me: two

Boss: then why do you have four?

Me: *shrugs*

Keitho

Enlightened
Conversation with my boss at home (wife):

Boss: How many lights do you need?

Me: just one more, I promise

Boss: why can't you just play with what you've got?

Me: *shrugs*