How's The Weather There ?

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
So. Cal has been, will be pretty miserable. I expect the SC Edison electricity statement to be high during summer yet these higher than "normal" periods hurt. Paid $167 and expect to see a $200+ shortly. News predicted 95F yet everywhere I was the car temp indicated 98-99F. With the humidity that bumps it into the 103F+ ranges. Have some projects to do in the garage but that's not been an enjoyable prospect.

night.hoodie

Enlightened
National Weather Service said:
Weather report for Williamsburg, Williamsburg-Jamestown Airport, VA, United States (kjgg) as of 2018-08-07 17:55:00Z
Values of "None" indicate that the value is missing from the report.
Temperature: 34.0 C / 93.0 F
Rel. Humidity: 49%
Wind speed: 1.34 m/s (1 Bft, 2.61 knots)
Wind direction: 230 deg (SW)
Pressure: 1015 hPa
Dew Point: 22.0 C / 71.0 F
Weather: Clear sky
Cloudtype: None
Sky Conditions: clear

Saying it is hot is not really getting the point across, but if you want to know how hot... a couple of hobbits just lobbed a ring into my yard. We are probably doomed.

Last edited:

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know it's HOT, when you see Geko's running around wearing Ray-Bans, and carrying canteens!

Pops

Yq3JbVv.jpg

Should convicted arsonists be burned at the stake?

~ CG

StarHalo

Flashaholic
44525577221_699413d848_o.jpg

- Had the first Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino of the year

- Watched the first NFL game of the season

- Bought a bottle of pumpkin beer

- Costco has their selection of Christmas trees on display

Thank you for participating in Summer 2018, this concludes our broadcast day..

night.hoodie

Enlightened
Weather report for Hummel/Saluda Field (kw75) as of 2018-11-06 11:55:00Z
Values of "None" indicate that the value is missing from the report.
Temperature: 15.6 C / 60.1 F
Rel. Humidity: 100%
Wind speed: 4.02 m/s (3 Bft, 7.82 knots)
Wind direction: 150 deg (SSE)
Pressure: 1014 hPa
Dew Point: 15.6 C / 60.1 F
Weather: Overcast
Cloudtype: None
Sky Conditions: overcast

Last couple days and nights, experienced a type of precipitation I am unfamiliar with, but it seems probably not uncommon for this area. At first I thought it was drizzle, must be, but isn't quite like any drizzle I have experienced before. Tiny specks not really falling, but blowing in all directions with or without wind. It is like aerosol, eventually accumulating and then beading and dripping on all outdoor surfaces. So it is tiny drizzle, and a lot of it, and quite beautiful in the beam of a flashlight.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Last couple days and nights, experienced a type of precipitation I am unfamiliar with, but it seems probably not uncommon for this area. At first I thought it was drizzle, must be, but isn't quite like any drizzle I have experienced before. Tiny specks not really falling, but blowing in all directions with or without wind. It is like aerosol, eventually accumulating and then beading and dripping on all outdoor surfaces. So it is tiny drizzle, and a lot of it, and quite beautiful in the beam of a flashlight.

That's marine layer fog, as explained by your matching temperature and dew point; if you can get outside and above it, that's how you get the dramatic "clouds on the ground" photos usually associated with bridges and coastal areas.

Near Big Sur, a long time ago:
qHyeguf.jpg

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
43 degrees F,sunny...winds out of the east at 19 mph,gusting to 26 mph.

Wind chill is a chilly 36 degrees F.

This is in Portland,OR,by the way.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Only made it to the lower 60's today, one last pretty sunset before rain ruins it for the rest of the week; a flood watch for tomorrow has already been issued..
31793955307_588f272a22_o.jpg

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Back to normalcy; nearly 80 degrees with full sunshine, a fine day for a walk even if you're missing part of an ear. Lunar eclipse tomorrow, supposed to be cloudy..
39843053033_a84db41308_o.jpg

Need a Light?

Newly Enlightened
Currently -6F (with minimal wind), in the middle of roughly 1' of snow. It's my favorite. Endless use of turbo on lights, and I love cold weather, so it's great. Also love using lights when it's snowing, just for beam visibility fun!

Also StarHalo, is the kitty ear clipped as a sign of a spayed/neutered stray or a fight? Either way love the cat, very nice.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Currently -6F (with minimal wind), in the middle of roughly 1' of snow. It's my favorite. Endless use of turbo on lights, and I love cold weather, so it's great. Also love using lights when it's snowing, just for beam visibility fun!

Get pictures!

Also StarHalo, is the kitty ear clipped as a sign of a spayed/neutered stray or a fight? Either way love the cat, very nice.

He's a street fighter kitty, only the ear is missing.