How's The Weather There ?

Poppy

Flashaholic
We got 0.55 inches of rain today, and it is predicted that we will get another 3.55 inches tonight. There's a flood watch until 5:00 PM tomorrow.

It is currently 54F, that's about 15 degrees warmer than normal.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
More rain last night and into the morning. Ironically, NOT complaining! If the temp. wasn't unseasonably warm, all of that rain would have been a massive snow-storm.

The Hawk

Enlightened
We got our first snow of the season today. It was barely flurries, but it counts. It was cold and very windy with a low of 19° not counting the 30 mph wind. Yuck.

Poppy

Flashaholic
At 5:00 AM this morning the dog got up to go out. I took him to the back door and opened the sliding door. The wind and rain was blowing in all directions. With the light on, I could see it blowing sideways and in swirls. He stuck his head out only as far as it being flush with the door, and wouldn't go any further. He backed away, and came back in. His face was all wet.

I checked with the weatherman and there was going to be a lull in the next hour. So I waited for it. When it came I got the dog out of his bed, and coaxed him out of the door, with a little shove. It rained hard on and off until noon. Those areas that flood will continue to peak until mid day tomorrow.

My nephew in law went to help, pump out his friends basement. Only to get stuck there because the roads on his way home were all closed.

1702954531372.png

1702954565069.png

1702954593287.png

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
Only time I was in New Jersey was coast guard boot camp. I was 18 so forget much but it was cold and there was horseshoe crabs when was the first time and last time I saw them lol
Yeah, our winters can get cold, and a damp cold. I spent three years in Georgia, near Atlanta. They also have miserable winters. Damp cold is miserable. Fortunately for Atlantans, the winters are shorter than it is for us Jerseyans.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
You have way prettier woman poppy .. used to live near atl to Marietta area

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Yeah, our winters can get cold, and a damp cold. I spent three years in Georgia, near Atlanta. They also have miserable winters. Damp cold is miserable. Fortunately for Atlantans, the winters are shorter than it is for us Jerseyans.
I remember one winter sitting on my front porch in shorts in Virginia listening to the AM radio telling me the NASCAR race in Atlanta had been snowed out. 😱
That one still baffles me.

Then there was the year Greensboro NC got 6" of ice while 50 miles north Danville VA got all rain. Winter on the east coast can be strange at times.

The nor-easter that went up the coast yesterday rained on me south of the mason/dixon Sunday yet was fairly mild as it passed through, meanwhile yesterday it snarled its way up the coast north of the mason/dixon making a mess along the way. Same storm.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
At 5:00 AM this morning the dog got up to go out. I took him to the back door and opened the sliding door. The wind and rain was blowing in all directions. With the light on, I could see it blowing sideways and in swirls. He stuck his head out only as far as it being flush with the door, and wouldn't go any further. He backed away, and came back in. His face was all wet.

I checked with the weatherman and there was going to be a lull in the next hour. So I waited for it. When it came I got the dog out of his bed, and coaxed him out of the door, with a little shove. It rained hard on and off until noon. Those areas that flood will continue to peak until mid day tomorrow.

My nephew in law went to help, pump out his friends basement. Only to get stuck there because the roads on his way home were all closed.

View attachment 54318
View attachment 54319

View attachment 54320
DAM! YOU NEED A DAM!

TPA

Enlightened
A little cool for my thin Florida blood this morning, lows in the mid 50s. Let's just say I seriously questioned my decision to get an unheated bidet this morning. Fortunately at our other home we have the full Japanese bidet experience going on.

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Had another heat wave this weekend. Temperatures until around Monday reached 36º at peak. When you have humidity to breathe with and short showers on most evenings to dissipate part of the heat, it ain't that bad.

Forecast for the New Year's week is for 80+mm of rain in a week. I'm kinda dreading it – our infrastructure is not designed for so much rain all at once.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Mentioned this a while back, a local Meteorologist has put together average temperatures over the last 150 years or so.
simply; every day high temp ~ for every day of the year 'averaged' [example: 52.8F is the warmest average/year temp]

We are only .3F away from the warmest year ever here in Wisconsin (currently tied for second)
The top three warmest years are just within the last 11 years

Not an opinion

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
+

Mentioned this a while back, a local Meteorologist has put together average temperatures over the last 150 years or so.
simply; every day high temp ~ for every day of the year 'averaged' [example: 52.8F is the warmest average/year temp]

We are only .3F away from the warmest year ever here in Wisconsin (currently tied for second)
The top three warmest years are just within the last 11 years

Not an opinion
I wonder who backed this research of his.