I regret to inform you...

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I have not had time to read this entire thread however I have edited some comments that were brought to my attention.

People this thread is intended to honor the memory of a hero and all political comments have no place here. Please understand our position on this issue and also understand the great loss to the poster of this thread. It would be a shame to close a thread dedicated to a hero and again I ask to show respect to the poster and leave all other opinions, and political comments, out of this thread.

DHart your son is a true hero and I am very sorry to hear of your loss.

Last edited:

Robocop

Egsise I am not really sure the point you are trying to make and I will remind you again this is not the arena for political statements, or even opinions, of anything other than the topic at hand.

This is a free forum for all to enjoy and as such we do have certain rules to follow. I am not sure however it appears you had some other comments that were edited before I signed on. As the comments were edited I will leave this as a warning to simply follow the rules and enjoy the forum. This thread is dedicated to a hero and someone who lost a son. It will not be corrupted by other agendas and if you have any further comments please feel free to send me a pm.

If you have issues with the way this forum is operated again feel free to discuss it in private. Try me if you want to however again this is not the place for off topic remarks.

Visit the underground section where you will find many who will entertain any topic you wish without moderation.

Egsise

Banned
Egsise I am not really sure the point you are trying to make and I will remind you again this is not the arena for political statements, or even opinions, of anything other than the topic at hand.

This is a free forum for all to enjoy and as such we do have certain rules to follow. I am not sure however it appears you had some other comments that were edited before I signed on. As the comments were edited I will leave this as a warning to simply follow the rules and enjoy the forum. This thread is dedicated to a hero and someone who lost a son. It will not be corrupted by other agendas and if you have any further comments please feel free to send me a pm.

If you have issues with the way this forum is operated again feel free to discuss it in private. Try me if you want to however again this is not the place for off topic remarks.

Visit the underground section where you will find many who will entertain any topic you wish without moderation.
I do not allow my posts to be moderated that way, that is why I edited my post after you did so.
You can remove my posts in this thread, including this post.

Sorry DHart.

Robocop

Egsise you edited your post twice after the original reply and we both know what your first edited reply stated. I let the first edited reply go as you chose to edit that with some other random wordings.

As far as allowing your posts to be moderated you do have to allow that just as every other member here does. If a post is believed to be out of line ,off topic, or simply rude it can be subject to moderation.

I asked you nicely to leave the side comments out of this thread. It seems as if you wish to push the issue and I will not allow that in this thread. Take a few days off and I do hope you will return to enjoy CPF with a little more relaxed attitude.

Lets continue this dedication to a true hero and I do hope the off topic comments have not spoiled the thread. DHart take one day at a time and know that your son, and many others like him, have given us all the freedoms we enjoy today. He will always be with you somehow and know that he will never be forgotten.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Thank you for the video DHart. I've passed it onto my family and church members to remind them of the prayer needed by your family. Although we can never understand or make sense of human tragedy, we can rest assured that our sovereign God is 100% in control, He see's the end from the beginning and cares about us so much that the hairs on our head have been numbered. Continued prayer your way.

foxtrot29

Enlightened
I remember reading your first post about your son months ago. Sorry for your great loss. Only you and your family can really know what this feels like.

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
UPDATE: Funeral Information

Once again, Elijah's family gives their heartfelt thanks to all for the amazing outpouring of condolences, prayers, and kind support for our nation's hero, and God's Warrior, Elijah John-Miles Rao, and his family.

Here is a link to Elijah's obituary, which contains information about his funeral.

http://www.mem.com/ContentDisplay.aspx?ID=18011498

Here is a link to an NPR radio story about Elijah, where you can read the story and/or listen to the radio broadcast:

http://news.opb.org/article/6347-van...d-afghanistan/

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: UPDATE: Funeral Information

Now that is nice......i didnt know he had a daughter.....keep your head up, and tell her all about her dad.

Marlite

Enlightened
Your eloquence in describing the loss of your son speaks volumes in the depths of your love for him. He would have been a perfect hero for the movie "Hell of War" at the place of hell, as his gentle good looks epitomize the warrior that he chose to be in life. He brightened the world with his existence and is now a shining star in the Universe.

Sadly condolences are never enough but my family and I honor Elijah and you Don and Sharon and Elijah's wife and son, with blessings and a "Silver Cord" to forever bind you together.

Prayers and thoughts of peace for the hollowness we cannot know.

Marlite

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a person heavily influence by music and use music as a means of dealing with various things.

When Don first posted the news about Elijah, this song immediately popped into my head.

While the lyrics don't match this situation 100%, I think they echo the sentiments of everyone who has posted in this thread...

Remember The Heroes - Sammy Hagar

Stranger in a foreign land
Fearful cries surround him.
Returning home a wounded man
To find he's been forgotten, yeah.
Courage is the badge he wears
Blinded by obsession.
Wars are won by those who dare
The memory still haunts him.
Remember the heroes
Who fight for the right to choose.
Remember the heroes
We've all got a lot to lose.

A rebel to the naked eye
An undiscovered legend
Face the facts and don' t ask why.
It's something to believe in.
In the dark
Day and night.
Fight for wrong to prove what's right.
Remember the heroes
Remember the heroes
Just another life to use
Remember the heroes.
We've all got alot to lose.

Remember the heroes.
Remember the heroes.
Remember the heroes.
Remember the heroes.
To take a life without a say
Demanded without reason.
To turn our backs and walk away
A faceless act of treason.
A father's son must carry on
The wound is only deepened.
Remember the heroes
Remember the heroes
It's just another life to use
Remember the heroes.
You know we've all got alot to lose.
Remember the heroes
Who's gonna fill their shoes?

DArklite

Enlightened
I'm just now reading this thread - I wish I could find words to express my sorrow and hopeful comfort for your family. Elijah and heroes like him will never be forgotten and we all owe our Freedom to them.
May God bless his soul and comfort yours and your family.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
My heart goes out too you and yours man....the wife and I just got done watching the vid.....so sad indeed. And the thing is i too have a little one and plan on reenlisting back into the Army as well.