I'm vegan, and why you should be too. AMA (Ask Me Anything)

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Nice pick, byk! I am a huge fan of coleslaw and practically any dish that has raw cabbage. It's a very satisfying leafy green to chew, crunchy and filling in a way that lettuce can't hope to match.

Here's a tip for you all: instead of having lettuce in your burger, try an uncut cabbage leaf on it instead. The thicker the better!

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, fermented cabbage is really good for you. Kimchee is a favorite, but some are better than others. If you open the container and pressure is released, that can be a good sign of active fermentation.

fixer, I salute your path to healthier eating.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had to share this. I was just browsing the forum and this was the ad showed up on the vegan thread. As generators. Gotta love em.

Attachments

• 96755E7A-4F18-4812-A007-7BB75A3C8C00.png
    96755E7A-4F18-4812-A007-7BB75A3C8C00.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 64

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Kitro, I've been eating better for years. A broccoli plant used to look like an alien mushroom when I was younger. Now it looks like it belongs in my steamer with a pinch of black peppercorn.

But to become a vegan? I'm too fond of leather shoes, leather belts, leather watch bands, leather jackets, leather car seats, leather steering wheel covers, tuna fish, boneless chicken thighs on the barbie, corned beef hash, turkey meat, yogurt, a tall cold glass of skim milk, and pepperoni pizza.
Moderation is my crack.

GoVegan

Enlightened
As I wrote above, please keep the focus there as it has turned into babbling chit chat, and to put if frankly it's the reason I don't normally participate in Off Topic threads. I would like this thread to stay open so that if anyone has any genuine questions I can address them.

Otherwise, everyone please feel free to start your own thread to discuss what random (and non-vegan) foods you like/dislike, pretend to be funny, or to post Post My Little Pony videos.

Thanks.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
As I wrote above, please keep the focus there as it has turned into babbling chit chat, and to put if frankly it's the reason I don't normally participate in Off Topic threads. I would like this thread to stay open so that if anyone has any genuine questions I can address them.

Otherwise, everyone please feel free to start your own thread to discuss what random (and non-vegan) foods you like/dislike, pretend to be funny, or to post Post My Little Pony videos.

Thanks.

No need to be a j*rk*ff about it.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
So does veganism mean if one's home gets invaded with oh I dunno, say mice……are you required to simply relocate them? Is swatting a mosquito allowed?
I'm serious, and not trying to be some Weisenheimer.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
im a vegetarian but I like my hot chocolate too much to become vegan. Hot chocolate is an art form you know? Everyone goes on about coffee but no one talks about chocolate. anyway I once got the milk fresh from a local farm. old school reusable glas bottles and everything. but its honestly not as good as the store bought stuff. true story. I also tried almond milk but it doasnt work for that.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I was in a shoe store yesterday looking at slip on shoes when I ran across some with a tag saying they were vegan shoes. They were light as a feather. Setting next to them was a pair not identified as vegan. Yet other than the color they were practically the same. I asked Mrs Fixer if she could tell the difference. She said "yeah the vegan shoes are $5 more".
Doh!

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I was bodybuilding optimum nutrition sent me samples of their casein protein and I had never heard of it so I looked it up to see what all it was used in. My rep just told me it was a slower metabolizing protein so I was using it before bed when I would take my ZMA to keep a slow trickle going. Seemed smart in my head at the time. Now back to veganism.

OP do you have any recipes that you could share for say someone who needs to make quick lunches? I just love food I won't convert to veganism but it definitely has made a difference in my waist line cutting back on meats and dairy and eating more veggies.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The important question is if someone is vegan, if it is ok to usw oil products since oil is fossil small dead animals. From what I know a true vegan is not using any leather products.
But the good point is vegan leather is also bar for the environment like i.e. almond milk or soy or ...