Incoming - What do you have coming in the mail??

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Can't believe I forgot to mention what I've got coming in the mail....
Apparently last night, I was in a Maglite buying mood. No alcohol involved. Weird how in America there aren't more than a couple of online Authorized Dealer websites for the brand. So, went to the one I usually go to nowadays, B&H. Order should be here today or early tomorrow at the latest. #1 because I really want to test out its candlestick mode against my 2AA LED Mini-mags. #2 because I just wanted yet another LED Solitaire. #3 because I don't think I have an LED version of one. But might be wrong. I do have a Forest Green incandescent version from over 20 years ago. It's somewhere in storage.

1- Maglite ML25LT LED (2C model in light blue).
2- Maglite LED Solitaire (Bare aluminum).
3- Maglite 2AAA version Mini-Mag (in black).

MacBook Air
1712865934465.png

TPA

Enlightened
But yeah, I still sometimes use cheap fountain pens. Great place to start if anyone isn't sure if fountain pens are right for them, Platinum Preppy. Surprisingly good considering how cheap they are.
If you've not tried any of the Asvine pens, DO IT. I can't recommend them highly enough. I do have some pricier pens in my collection, but am always up for trying something new.

I picked up an Asvine v126 in matte gray and P80 in blue/gray, extra-fine nibs on both, with the Asvine nibs, not the Bock nibs. I can't emphasize how impressed by these pens I've become, especially with them being EF nibs. Absolutely smooth writers with the ever-slightest amount of feedback. Absolutely heavenly to write. So much so that I actually prefer how these write compared to my Lamy 2000. It's almost as good as my Pelikans. The P80 is a heavy son of a gun and feels like the fine metalwork from a Bentley or Rolls Royce in-hand. Substantial, no rough edges. As much as I enjoy using it, the P80 is quite heavy so it's not great for extended writing sessions, but I still use it often for taking notes.

The V126 in matte gray is ideal. Large ink capacity, smooth edges made even smoother by the matte finish. The matte finish makes the pen feel 'soft' in hand compared to typical smooth-sided pens. Well balanced and this is my go-to when I need to write 10-20+ pages in one sitting. I've been buying them off Aliexpress.

Then there are the Jinhaos...I've had two and I'm not a fan. The first one's inner cap cracked and separated, rendering the pen useless as it dries out. The other Jinhao I have has a nib in dire need of adjustment, but not worth my time and effort.

Fwiw, I've since bought 2 more Asvine V126 pens because of how much I've taken a liking to them. One more for me and more more for Mrs. TPA.

TPA

Enlightened
I need to replace my iPad Mini 4 at some point. I only use it when flying as my EFB (electronic flight bag). BUT...it's getting slow and software updates have stopped for it.

I usually buy my mobile devices from Swappa.com. Does anyone have any other sources they buy from? I'm all ears as I'll probably be replacing it sometime this year.

I need to replace my iPad Mini 4 at some point. I only use it when flying as my EFB (electronic flight bag). BUT...it's getting slow and software updates have stopped for it.

I usually buy my mobile devices from Swappa.com. Does anyone have any other sources they buy from? I'm all ears as I'll probably be replacing it sometime this year.

https://www.apple.com/shop/refurbished/ipad/ipad-mini-6

I've had such good luck purchasing refurbished products directly from Apple, they're my only source.

Reactions: TPA

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
https://www.apple.com/shop/refurbished/ipad/ipad-mini-6

I've had such good luck purchasing refurbished products directly from Apple, they're my only source.
I'm curious: Would you have even a rough estimate of likely cost savings of purchasing such things 'refurb' vs new? I've bought only 1 Apple product in my life and didn't know they sell refurb, so I'm ignorant. I'd just like to know in case I should ever decide to buy a second one.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm curious: Would you have even a rough estimate of likely cost savings of purchasing such things 'refurb' vs new? I've bought only 1 Apple product in my life and didn't know they sell refurb, so I'm ignorant. I'd just like to know in case I should ever decide to buy a second one.
At least up here in Canada, generally falls between 15 and 20%

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Two Pak-Lights (Camo. + GITD).

Maglite ML50LX LED 2C in Foliage Green.
(Got it for a good price. Couldn't pass it up.)

Yep. Close to 18% discount depending on the product. They come with a one-year warranty. https://www.apple.com/shop/refurbished/ipad/ipad-mini-6

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Size-wise SF E2E was one of the best EDC lights out there just before the end of the Incandescent era of dominance.
So far I'm not too sure on this. It feels great in hand and great build quality. But it's very floody. I expected it to have a little less throw than my a2 but it's really floody. Outside the beam doesn't throw very far

thermal guy

Flashaholic
So far I'm not too sure on this. It feels great in hand and great build quality. But it's very floody. I expected it to have a little less throw than my a2 but it's really floody. Outside the beam doesn't throw very far
Really? My e2's throw further then my A2's. They said the A2' main bulb was putting out more Lumens then the e2 but that not what I have seen.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really? My e2's throw further then my A2's. They said the A2' main bulb was putting out more Lumens then the e2 but that not what I have seen.
Ya I'm really unimpressed. It's a washed out, floody beam. Less white than my a2, or even a kd "15" w xenon p60. Or any of my mags. From everything I can tell it's a legit E2E. It looks like a real MN03 as well. It's drawing 1A. Envelope is clear.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
That's very odd. Both of mine with the stock bulb have decent throw.

PaladinNO

Enlightened
Just snatched up a second Fenix LR35R. Bought one earlier, along with a Fenix TK35UE v2, but I was much more satisfied with the LR35R, so I sold the TK35 yesterday and will be getting another LR35R instead. The size was almost exactly the same, but the LR35 has 10000 Lumen over the TK35's 5000 Lumen.

And in starting to plan for the summer projects, I have ordered a hand trolley to easier transport all the nets with firewood out of the garage in preparation to paint the inside of that part of the garage. Also, to make sure I got EURO-pallets underneath it all for better air circulation, in case my father didn't do that.

Also picked up a pair of replacement outdoor timers, another two Helly Hansen merino wool balaclavas, and...a Fiskars Norr tomato knife for my mother. She says she prefers using a serrated knife for smaller vegetables, over the MAC 5" TH-50 I bought for her earlier.

...And I ordered a pair of heavy-duty PVC gloves and a pair of Cat. III nitrile gloves at request from a friend of mine, to use while cleaning. Same friend who recently bought UV-lights (Sofirn SF15 and SF16) from me, and did a check in his bathroom while I was there. And he suddenly wanted to excessively antibac his whole house, based on what he found. ^^

dddrees

Newly Enlightened
Fenix LR80R and backup battery. Wanted a bigger flashlight with a good amount of throw and a good amount of runtime and it came at a decent discount. That and from everything I can tell Fenix builds nice durable flashlights.