Incoming - What do you have coming in the mail??

markr6

Flashaholic
Isn't cooling a bad idea since it can "trick" the charger/temp sensor? I thought I read that in an old thread, but maybe that was just for Ni-MH?

Unforgiven691

Newly Enlightened
I have two of the CooYoo micro lights on their way. I already have a couple and these are destined to be gifts for family members that rarely carry a light.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isn't cooling a bad idea since it can "trick" the charger/temp sensor? I thought I read that in an old thread, but maybe that was just for Ni-MH?
Well, some are thermal, some are dv/dt. Some chargers combine techniques and don't tell us about them.

I could see the fans tricking a thermal-only charger, but that's not a very safe charger IMHO.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Food for thought I guess.
Been cooling charging batteries for years with my RC stuff.
I've NiMH packs that still run hard in RC or driving fans all day, from a good ten years back.
IR, kind of like to keep it low thermally best I can, in turns keep voltage down. No scientific facts, just my feelings.

markr6

Flashaholic
Well, some are thermal, some are dv/dt. Some chargers combine techniques and don't tell us about them.

I could see the fans tricking a thermal-only charger, but that's not a very safe charger IMHO.

That makes sense. Keep on cooling WarRaven!

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fantasy thought of mine is that,
IR is actually like hard crystals inside cell, amperage has to get past them to fill voids. (Capacity)
The higher the IR, the bigger the crystals to get past requiring higher voltage to over come them at any given amp rate.
So, Keep heat the down, which creates more resistance,
and voltage doesn't seem to spike overcoming IR, especially when near full SOC.
OK, shoot holes or lol at me, but I like to think in 3D.
I know some think I'm a nutbar an daft, but I think there is black magic in life, embrace it☺

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nah, WR. Electronics gear typically hates being hot and likes being "cool enough but not too cold." I see the logic.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sad to report - nothing
Man. That's not good. There's... nothing new that you want... AT ALL? :(

Wait, have you bought them all already? Oh, ok. That's fine then. :) It's nice to complete a collection for once. :)

Flashy808

Enlightened
Man. That's not good. There's... nothing new that you want... AT ALL? :(

Wait, have you bought them all already? Oh, ok. That's fine then. :) It's nice to complete a collection for once. :)

Ahaha heaps of things that I WANT only some that I need. Or was it the other way around??! ;)

Yeah I really wish I had a complete collection of all the lights. I wonder what it's like to like in GoingGear or something.

Back on Topic: My light from GearBest is still coming soooooo sloowwwww...

akhyar

Enlightened
Sinner 18350 Ti Tri-EDC enroute from UAE.
DHL's ETA on Tuesday.
Can't wait for my 1st custom light.

Plus a couple of Keeppower 18650 3200mAh which are on sale at GB for $10.99/pair.
Should be the batteries to use if I decided to get Nitecore EC4S

Last edited:

vtbt

Newly Enlightened
Hmm, birthday week here :) Olight S1, Thrunite TN4A in NW, Nitecore MT10, and I already have my hands on the Nitecore EC4s - which is a fabulous light - seriously, the XHP50 it uses puts out a beautiful wide beam, almost without any hotspot, nor does it need one due to the brightness. The direct moonlight is great, but going from 2lm to 80lm isn't so great for walking the dog - wish it went from 2lm to 20 or 40. Overall, though, it's a light worth considering getting. It's almost perfect.

Latest posts