Incoming - What do you have coming in the mail??

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Fixer that's some good stuff you did there. [emoji106]

Dude showed me how to diagnose a bad ac motor and bypass a kill switch until a new one arrived. Another time he over-nighted an updated part where a capacitor for the fire starter on the heater was not available near me.

And then there was the time the 2 drove 6 hours one way on a Friday night, pulled a 30 hour marathon to help me build a motor where US parts and Japan parts were merged to make a high torque 4 cylinder merged with high rpm number ...

....then returned a few weeks later to help mate the custom transmission to the block, and stayed until the motor was bolted to the car... I sent them home that time after about 12 hours...

That's me on the right trying to see a motor mount bolt that would not copperate.

Both have super nice, well planned and executed Honda Preludes and were helping my son and I build a super fast sleeper car.

A short while later I discovered CPF....

So in my view a few flashlights pale in comparison to what those 2 have done for my son and I over the last few years.

Last edited:

weklund

Enlightened

... Olight R50 Seeker CU with Egg Salad Sandwich Patina ...

... I am very impressed with this light. Heavy copper goodness with plenty of utility ... Very Nice ...

OLIGHTSEEKERCU4.jpg

OLIGHTSEEKERCU1.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
Awesome team mr fixer, have a lot of love for the prelude and so nearly got one. One of my fav all time honda's along with the integra type R. One of my mates had a mint black one, everything light weight to perfection. He was pretty far from a tec head though and one day thought his oil was low by checking the oil filler(no oil to be seen:shakehead) I think you can tell where this may go.................He filled it up to the brim via the filler. :rolleyes: But then again, if i told you he used wd40 one day to quieten some squeaky brakes you may have guesses sooner.............no joke! Back to the engine full of oil, he found out it was not a good idea on the motorway when it chucked out all kinds of smoke. Long story short, the fix was simply draining some oil, the engine was fine. V-tec, arguably one if not the best engine ever made(all things considered) and certainly one of the toughest. Where i used to take my car for a rolling road tune, they were working on a civic V-tec and bolted a turbo to it without changing the compression due to the engine strength. IIRC it was around 400hp ................through the front wheels:faint:

Love it weklund, you are the king of patina.............Really glad Olight seem ahead of the game a little, nice to see a manufacturer doing some cool/interesting lights.:D

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Honda has done bigger and more powerful since the H series.

But I liked all of the potential they left available for that one along with lots n lots of room to work (compared to most modern engines bays)....

I used my rainbow PL2 on low to navigate about the house at 4:30am after receiving a phone call about an important person in my life had suddenly passed away.

Won't no sleeping after that phone call, but I did not want to wake anybody.
That low setting is so dang useable without being too bright or too dim.
It's 'the baby bears poridge' of output in the middle of the night.

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
That seeker looks great with shiny copper, just personally don't like the patina. My E14 copper parts are still shiny after months of ownership and heard manker coats this part to prevent tarnish. Anyone know more about this?? Is there a product to easily apply to the light to retain the shine?

ven

Flashaholic
Presume its a type of varnish , i tried one a while back but it is not as good as factory so removed it. Ketchup looks the easiest way for a sparkling cu light.............yum yum

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
That seeker looks great with shiny copper, just personally don't like the patina. My E14 copper parts are still shiny after months of ownership and heard manker coats this part to prevent tarnish. Anyone know more about this?? Is there a product to easily apply to the light to retain the shine?

Yes, manker Cu lights have a clear coat on them. Both my S41 and SC (Astrolux branded manker) are still shiny but there's a coating on them.

Trashman531

Newly Enlightened
I've got a nitecore tm03, fenix pd40, lumintop tool copper nichia, opus by c-3100, aaa eneloops, and 2 keeppower 5200 mah 26650's. All arriving Saturday. I can't wait!