Incoming - What do you have coming in the mail??

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was going to comment on what a unique light you've purchased but I won't since you didn't give me any props for my new, blue light. :scowl:

~ Chance

Sorry about that buddy. I was about to do just that, when I posted the DragonScale, then I noticed several others had posted new lights between yours and my post and I didn't want to write a really long post (like this one) congratulating every single one... so I skipped it. Boy am I sorry about that dumb decision. I guess the old adage hindsight is 20/20 applies here.

p.s. nice blue light, Chance! :laughing:

20170515_151234.jpg

Last edited:

irongate

Enlightened
^^ Aaaand thanks to this guy... ^^

A little known Don Keller company.
Thanks for the know how sir.
(Lift'd is a wealth of info when trying to fill gaps in your 70's/80's collection.)

Edit:
Won this SureFire nitrolon rechargeble at the big auction site

Curious to see what can be done with it.

Glad you got the SF !

irongate

Enlightened
I just picked up a PK Designs PKDL to replace my aging Mag LED Solitaire. I don't know too much outside of Mag but I try to follow general industry news and I had heard of Paul Kim left Surefire but I had no idea he started his own light company. They look like they have some nice stuff. I'll post up a review when it comes in. I also have a Lumintop Tool to compare it against that I've been carrying for a while.

IMG_20170325_161724_1024x1024.jpg

That is one little sweet light you just got. Have on my key chain.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Glad you got the SF !

Kept popping up when I lurked for vintage Streamlights. When it popped up in a kel-lite search I decided to place a bid.

Edit:
Looks like it's not an 8NX but a G2 converted by the KR-1 kit.

Seller pic. Note the extension

The KR1 kit.

The 8NX

Note the shape of the head on the light I bought looks like a G2. The 8NX looks like an early Streamlight TL2/Nite Fighter.
The 8NX is a solid tube. What I bought is 2 piece.
Either way this is going to be fun but... battery is 2.9 volts.

Last edited:

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you smiled, my purpose was achieved. If you laughed out loud, so much more the better.

I can't remember seeing scales before. They must have been a labor of love. It's a light fit for Queen Targaryen. :naughty:

~ Chance

The scales are impressive and as detailed as the ones just above my ankles, which is why I bought this light... for Daenerys

Love it Steve , beautiful!:D

Thanks, Mark! :twothumbs

Symmetry

Newly Enlightened
Oh my that DragonScale is gorgeous!
I just got a shipping confirmation from Don, my 119V HIVE Haiku is on its way. This is my first *nice* small light, I've got a Firesword that I EDC (strapped to a bag) and a ton of little Tasco zoomies scattered around the house, but I wanted something nice that fits in a pocket.
Now I'm really excited for it, and also scared it can't possibly live up to that much build-that. But I'll like it, right? (plaintive look)

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry about that buddy. I was about to do just that, when I posted the DragonScale, then I noticed several others had posted new lights between yours and my post and I didn't want to write a really long post (like this one) congratulating every single one... so I skipped it. Boy am I sorry about that dumb decision. I guess the old adage hindsight is 20/20 applies here.

p.s. nice blue light, Chance! :laughing:

20170515_151234.jpg

That light is drool worthy :D Congrats again

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitcore T360 and MT06MD and Nitcore battery charger. I couldn't resist Battery Junction's 25% off all Nitecore products last week.

Me+Light=Addiction

Enlightened
The only thing you need to be scared about is your bank account. As it will be probably drained after you get addicted to the lights in this price class. :p

Oh my that DragonScale is gorgeous!
I just got a shipping confirmation from Don, my 119V HIVE Haiku is on its way. This is my first *nice* small light, I've got a Firesword that I EDC (strapped to a bag) and a ton of little Tasco zoomies scattered around the house, but I wanted something nice that fits in a pocket.
Now I'm really excited for it, and also scared it can't possibly live up to that much build-that. But I'll like it, right? (plaintive look)

I think you need to start with convience stores not on the way home again?
NO! NO! NO! Didn't you ever see Pulp Fiction? Stick with restaurants.

~ Chance

People never
rob restaurants, why not? Bars, liquor stores, gas stations, you get your head blown off stickin' up one of them. Restaurants, on the other hand, you catch with their pants down. They're not expecting to get robbed, or not as expecting.
- Pumpkin