Incoming - What do you have coming in the mail??

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
My d18 arrived. It took a bit longer due to the customized order. I'll be adding 18 219b sw45k's.
4ec99e6e4c701b253fc88130deca1dde.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Looks great even without the LEDs!

Chris

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Buy both! No, hold on. Wait a second. Let me fix that. Buying both is just plain silly.... Buy them all! :lolsign:

sabre cat

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone. I'm new to all of this but I do have a used Surefire 6P coming in the mail. I think you folks call it a host? It should be fun trying to build. I'm sure there will be questions.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I purchased the stock version Imalent R90TS from Vinh54, and it shipped today, I anticipate having it in three business bays, maybe by Wednesday, July 17.

This will be my first Imalent light!

I am looking for beam profile similar to X65, but a little more throw and some more beam width, and some more up front spill, with more lumens on the target at given range, but in the form of a larger hotspot; this is what I envision.

The light shipped today, I anticipate having it in three business bays, maybe by Wednesday, July 17.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Just found out that an item I bought off of eBay that needed to be shipped over from Japan.... has been sitting in the depot of my city for nearly a month now! Waiting to be "scanned." Whatever the hell that means. I have no clue what sort of Mickey Mouse Carrier the seller used. Just contacted him after checking the tracking status of the package.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just found out that an item I bought off of eBay that needed to be shipped over from Japan.... has been sitting in the depot of my city for nearly a month now! Waiting to be "scanned." Whatever the hell that means. I have no clue what sort of Mickey Mouse Carrier the seller used. Just contacted him after checking the tracking status of the package.
Brutal!

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Slow week for me got a Malkoff M61WLL coming my way. Got the standard M61W and works great for me as a house light but way to bright at times even with hi/lo ring . Thinking I'll try this one out in my elzetta see how she works.

dan05gt

Newly Enlightened
Needed some decent AA lights with good runtime, so I ordered a Streamlight Survivor, Knucklehead Flood, and a 3AA propolymer haz-lo.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Just a quick update:

ebay seller decided to be an insulting jerk. I decided not to reciprocate. Oddly, he did offer to either refund my money or mail the item out to me again in the same P.M. I took the refund. I had planned on trying to locate where precisely my package is, contact the post office, even go to the main branch where I live to speak with my local Post Master. I was willing to hunt down my own package to get this resolved. But since the seller decided to be a jerk, I took the refund instead. Post office will (eventually) mail it back to Japan. Or, it'll stay lost in the system here somewhere in my city. If that happens, he can eat the loss for being rude and insulting.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a quick update:

ebay seller decided to be an insulting jerk. I decided not to reciprocate. Oddly, he did offer to either refund my money or mail the item out to me again in the same P.M. I took the refund. I had planned on trying to locate where precisely my package is, contact the post office, even go to the main branch where I live to speak with my local Post Master. I was willing to hunt down my own package to get this resolved. But since the seller decided to be a jerk, I took the refund instead. Post office will (eventually) mail it back to Japan. Or, it'll stay lost in the system here somewhere in my city. If that happens, he can eat the loss for being rude and insulting.
So your taking the refund and the package? Nice!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
So your taking the refund and the package? Nice!

Nope! I don't roll like that. When it comes to people or businesses, I always deal in good faith. Everything on the up and up. I'm only getting the refund. The tracking on the package shows it made it to my city a month ago now. And, that it is waiting to be scanned. Again, no clue what that means. It's somewhere in my city, but hasn't been delivered in a month. Realistically at this point, it clearly is never going to be delivered. The seller pointed out that it'll likely be shipped back to him or may continue to be stuck in limbo somewhere in my city.

If it gets sent back, okay. If it stays stuck here, the obnoxious seller can go put in the effort to track it down and get it back himself! This whole mess started on Friday night. I PMed the guy on eBay to let him know I'll have to wait until the Post Office is open for business on Monday morning to do a thorough job of hunting down my package. I then told him I would PM him again after I had made contact with the local Post Master and (hopefully) find where it was stuck at. Now, most sellers at that point would have enough sense to leave a buyer alone and let them put in the work/effort of hunting down the package on their own. And simply wait for that follow-up PM.

Not this seller! Sends me PMs throughout the weekend. First insinuating that the package must have been delivered and that perhaps one of my family members stole it. Keep in mind, he can see the very same tracking info. that I can. I remind him of that, and that again; I will contact him after Monday morning. So dense and so obnoxious that he sends me yet another PM literally asking if I have a mailbox! I live in NYC. A major city on this rock of a planet. Of course I have a mailbox. And obviously since he shipped it, he saw my address.

This was the point I decided to take the easy route. Why am I going to put in any effort, go out and hunt down a package I paid for when the seller has done nothing to help with the situation, has insulted my family by implying they are a bunch of thieves; and then wasted my time with one useless and aggravating PM after another. Nope!

As soon as I told him I wanted a refund, I immediately found another seller (one I've dealt with before, with zero issues/headaches) and ordered the very same thing all over again. Cost me 1/3 extra compared to what I paid the first guy. But honestly, worth it to me. Done with that obnoxious seller. Thing is, I've ordered other items from other Japanese sellers in Japan, on eBay. Never a single issue with any of those other guys. They were always helpful, respectful, and shipped very quickly with no issues. So it's not some weird cultural misunderstanding sort of thing. This seller is just obnoxious, and I'm done with him.

Last edited:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone. I'm new to all of this but I do have a used Surefire 6P coming in the mail. I think you folks call it a host? It should be fun trying to build. I'm sure there will be questions.

The 6P lends itself to a plethora of upgrades. Start with a P60 drop-in, maybe with multi-modes?

I added a Redilast 1.5A 500LM 3 mode module to mine and a couple of Redilast 17670 li-ions and it's better IMO.

Chris

Latest posts