Incoming - What do you have coming in the mail??

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The Fenix E01 v2 went over like a lead balloon here at CPF HoF.
Partly because it's pretty much just a smaller E05, and partly because it's not a v1.
It's so tiny, you'll be amazed. And the low is pretty useable for a lot more than you'd think. The medium is my favorite setting on it. The hi appears a lot brighter than the numbers suggest. Since you are afterall "hooked on fenix" I predict you'll like it.

Good picks UFO.

Last edited:

UFO

Newly Enlightened
Partly because it's pretty much just a smaller E05, and partly because it's not a v1.
It's so tiny, you'll be amazed. And the low is pretty useable for a lot more than you'd think. The medium is my favorite setting on it. The hi appears a lot brighter than the numbers suggest. Since you are afterall "hooked on fenix" I predict you'll like it.

Good picks UFO.
Thank you Sir.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good picks UFO.

My E01s wore out at the l.e.d. solder joint. Until then, they worked great. They were the perfect light to give to family and friends who didn't travel with a light. They were about the only Fenix lights I used lithium batteries in other than an L2D, L1D, and L1T. Seems newer ones aren't lithium compatible. Looks like the medium is in a good range for hiking on known trails with a good runtime. Can't wait to use it on a hike.

Burgess

Flashaholic
When you say " Lithium compatible ",
can they use Energizer L91 / L92 Lithium cells ? ? ?

< me confused >

Bougie

Newly Enlightened
Convoy T2, Nichia 219C, 4000K.

I'm sure it'll be a great light for the price, but I'm having second thoughts about the colour temp. A shame 4500K wasn't available with the Nichia...
Maybe I should have chosen the XPG2 4500K option 🤔

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you say " Lithium compatible ",
can they use Energizer L91 / L92 Lithium cells ? ? ?

< me confused >

Yes. I meant lithium primary cells, not rechargeable lithium ions. For small lights, I like to have decent runtime, brightness, shelf life, and cold weather performance. I don't trust alkaleaks in any of my good lights. Newer Fenix lights don't take lithium cells.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like lights which use a 1AAA battery and have used a 70 lumen Streamlight Protac 1AAA flashlight for several years. So when Streamlight came out with an upgraded 115 lumen version, I bought one.

protac-1aaa.jpg

Lightmanjake

Newly Enlightened
So guys, my incoming isn't a flashlight or battery and the other accessories.

Permit me to share this awesome news here first.

About three months ago I decided to get my first Rolex from a grey dealer (Bill2). I was interested in submariner (any), Daytona Panda and GMT Pepsi/Batman. After a few weeks I got offers on a datejust that I pass on and then a few weeks after that a Root beer that I also pass on. So on Wednesday of last week, saw a listing and we start talking, just some small talk getting to know each other personally, talked about families and that my wife is due any day with our 4th child. We concluded and I bought the Sub date in black. Picked it up on Saturday after noon with the family and made a day of it. Bill2 was really helpful through the whole process, nice guy.

Monday morning my wife and I were surprised with the birth of our 3rd boy at 11:44 am, and he will 100% getting this Sub when the time comes.

Attachments

• img 10.jpg
    img 10.jpg
    460.8 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

3_gun

Enlightened
A 2nd Sofirn S11c. Useful zoomie that actually works well. Not sure who really makes the light but I found it on the Sofirn eBay store for $10.25 shipped. Nothing fancy just a nice general purpose light

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received a Fenix HM65R SuperRaptor today.
This version is only sold in Finland, it has better brightness stabilization than the standard version
(now only the new SuperRaptor 2 with SST40 led is available)
I had an excellent price and a free Fenix APB-20 carrying bag.
I tried it briefly in a dark room and I am very satisfied, on this special edition the tint is identical on both leds (5000 K) and really beautiful.
In addition, this special version has an additional light level of 600 lumens (High 2) which is halfway between High and Turbo.
The flood beam looks nice, I think it was a great buy.
The only thing I don't like is the top band, I hope it can be removed without cutting.

Attachments

• IMG_0512.jpg
    IMG_0512.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0514.jpg
    IMG_0514.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 78

Toulouse42

Enlightened
Hi Hooked on Fenix. I too was curious as to whether Fenix lights can use L91 Lithiums and I came across the following answer to a question on a UK supplier site : https://help.fenix-store.com/articl...a-flashlights-use-energizer-lithium-batteries

In case you don't want to click that link, it says "Yes, all of our AA and AAA Fenix flashlights will accept Energizer lithium batteries. AA and AAA flashlights have come a long way. Now you can find powerful AA powered flashlights with many features, perfect for professional work, EDC, survival kits, and more."

I'm not disagreeing with you but I can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere else. I ask because I've just loaded my old LD40 with Lithiums and I don't want to blow it up.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Hooked on Fenix. I too was curious as to whether Fenix lights can use L91 Lithiums and I came across the following answer to a question on a UK supplier site : https://help.fenix-store.com/articl...a-flashlights-use-energizer-lithium-batteries

In case you don't want to click that link, it says "Yes, all of our AA and AAA Fenix flashlights will accept Energizer lithium batteries. AA and AAA flashlights have come a long way. Now you can find powerful AA powered flashlights with many features, perfect for professional work, EDC, survival kits, and more."

I'm not disagreeing with you but I can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere else. I ask because I've just loaded my old LD40 with Lithiums and I don't want to blow it up.

For Fenix I find the 'operating manual' is often a good resource. I was curious and just checked a couple of newer AAs (E12 V2 and LD42), and they both explicitly state lithium primaries are OK. Can't find the manual for the older LD40 at the moment though. If I had to guess, I'd say L91s should be OK in that too, but that's a guess. If you'd rather not guess, I'd post that question in the CPF Fenix section. They usually respond to questions.