INDIANA JONES CEREAL BOX FLASHLIGHT REVIEW

sed6

Enlightened
Back from the dead. I have just ordered three of these cool lights and I can't wait to get them. I figure one to leave in the package so someday I can sell it and retire, one to attempt to mod myself, and one to send off to someone to mod it the right way. Any takers?

I noticed some tri-slot screwdrivers over on DX. It looks like they'll work to open up this light. Here's a link: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1887

I went ahead and ordered one since I was re-stocking my feux-tons anyway.

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Back from the dead. I have just ordered three of these cool lights and I can't wait to get them. I figure one to leave in the package so someday I can sell it and retire, one to attempt to mod myself, and one to send off to someone to mod it the right way. Any takers?

I noticed some tri-slot screwdrivers over on DX. It looks like they'll work to open up this light. Here's a link: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1887

What are tri-slot screwdrivers? The picture looks like a Phillips to me.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
What are tri-slot screwdrivers? The picture looks like a Phillips to me.

Crop from original image:

iMsWWPygYLLAz.jpg

Last edited:

electrothump

Enlightened

Ha! Feux-tons!

Tubor

Enlightened
Haha! Kindergarten cop. Thanks for that. Guns CAN be fun ;) BTW, nice pics, what camera did you use?

StarHalo

Flashaholic
BTW, nice pics, what camera did you use?

I use a Sony Cybershot DSC-W100. It's basically a point-and-shoot pocket SLR with a fixed lens; has Program and Manual modes, can manually set ISO, F-stop, aperture, shutter speed, etc. I shoot using a tripod, usually using daylight (the comparative/detail pictures) or Sylvania 3500K CFL bulbs (the bowl and gun pics). And I'm always getting better at Photoshop..

flashlife

Enlightened
Doesn't that purple/yellow beam remind you of another light? Hmmm, an E01, perhaps?:candle: But why do I like the Indiana Jones more? :tinfoil:
Hey! No ragging on the E01...it's my latest favorite light....until I break my piggy bank for a Microstream. :)

BTW, there's probably room enough to get 3XAAA in there instead of those button cells...runtime, you know.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are there any unique sequential steps necessary to turn the light on? :popcorn:

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Should have some beamshots of how the different lights illuminate the Froot Loops, it'd be great to judge the color renderinglovecpf