Interesting article on Maglite and "Made In USA" federal bill

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
At that point I think the DA or the Attorney General would need to get involved. That type of reaction pretty much guarantees that someone is not playing by the rules.

The Federal bill sounds fine to me. We live in a global economoy and requiring absolutely 100% of the components to be made in the USA would virtually guarantee that no significant electronic product could ever hold that label. That said, I doubt I'd every buy a maglight again though. As a flashaholic, I find their products to be too underpowered and behind the times.

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wondered when you'd step in.

Reliable
Cheap
Modern....

Pick two.

Lol, believe you me I get how some people don't have use for a Maglite. I carry the PK Design AAA every day and love it as well as some other small new lights. However, there's a reason why Maglites are the best selling flashlights in the U.S. I think the biggest reasons for that are they have a run time that is crazy long, and they are so difficult to lose because of their size. They also double as a last resort method of self defense, hammer, etc etc. They may not be the most talked about lights here or the most high tech but they certainly contributed to flashlight evolution and continue to be popular to this day. /RANT

irongate

Enlightened
Too me having a old Mag light is like having a (57 Chev.) or a old 85 CJ or in that time frame or going back to a (40 Chev.) -yup never should of sold both of those, but at the time did not know. That is why I collect old lights and old Mag lights.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I like that little XL 50. At my work all these characters are running around with as seen on tv stuff, 8 for $10 multi LED and other portable lights.
I whip out the little XL 50 and get "holy crap! That's a Maglite?"... then the subject of made in the US comes up. "They still build them here?" "Yup"...

To be honest it aint a bad little flashlight.

Last edited: