"Introducing "Draco" [Accepting Deposit].

Status
Not open for further replies.

ledaholic

Enlightened
Re: Introducing "Draco"

I guess I need a turbohead too! Also interested in TI depending on cost.

Thanks, Bob

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice pictures Cromagnet - Even though I was there and held that light, it is very easy to hide it among the others on the table. So small and light it is like holding a car key.

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast

Please add Turbohead to #66.
And sign me up for another one, #140 non-Ti, non-Turbo.

Sigbjoern

kit

Newly Enlightened

Sorry, I keep getting those reserved numbers...hehehe. # 130 or any number available. THanks.

vortechs

Enlightened

jar3ds said:
i'd be interested but i don't like the battery... at least from what i know they can't be charged in a DSD charger...

also its unprotected... eeek...

besides that though i'd be really interested! something with a rcr2 or something but i don't think that'll fit the size package you require...

let me know about any updates though!

The 10280 cell is the smallest available Li-Ion cell I know of (AAA-cell diameter and N-cell length). I'm sure it was selected in order to make the smallest possible light. The tiny size of the cell doesn't leave any room for a protection circuit but perhaps the circuitry in the light could be designed to protect the cell against overdischarge (low voltage).

You would definitely want a low current charger like the Nano to use with the tiny ~180mAh 10280 cell.

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened

vortechs said:
The 10280 cell is the smallest available Li-Ion cell I know of (AAA-cell diameter and N-cell length). I'm sure it was selected in order to make the smallest possible light. The tiny size of the cell doesn't leave any room for a protection circuit but perhaps the circuitry in the light could be designed to protect the cell against overdischarge (low voltage).

You would definitely want a low current charger like the Nano to use with the tiny ~180mAh 10280 cell.

Big ditto. I've use unprotected R123s, but only in lights and chargers with protection. That almost sounds like 'practice safe battery' :p

AW

Newly Enlightened

With the low energy content of only 180mAH, I bet the 10280 won't even 'pop' when shorted. See how the LiIon 2032 coin cell doesn't even have a vent and you 'll know.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

Add me to list. Al with turbo option for sure. Will consider Ti, depending on price.

Bill

vortechs

Enlightened

AW said:
With the low energy content of only 180mAH, I bet the 10280 won't even 'pop' when shorted. See how the LiIon 2032 coin cell doesn't even have a vent and you 'll know.

Is there is a Li-Ion 2032 coin cell available?? I'd be really interested how it works in a coin cell microlight. It would be interesting to have a rechargeable microlight. That sounds like a topic for another thread, however. I'll watch AW's battery thread for any info that appears there.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

Need those G vf bins, particularly if circuit is constant current regulated.

Bill

k-2

Newly Enlightened

CroMAGnet, Modamag,

Please put me down for 1 Ti and 1 Al, both with turboheads. Serial # not important.

thanks.gif

k-2

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast

136 signed up with a lot of interest in Titanium and turbo head option.

Thanks again to all who posted their change requests with their serial number! :)
(so I didn't need to search)
:nana:

Interest List updated to this point
2cromag.gif

Please see Post #6

pcmike

Enlightened

Hey, I can't be bothered to read this entire thread just yet as the Sopranos' comes on in ~40mins and I gotta be somewhere. Let me just say that I'm interested and I'd like to claim #136! Oh, I almost forgot.. I wanted the larger head as well (turbo?) and a U@OJ would be nice if at all possible! I'll read this entire thread when I get home tonight.

I've now read a little bit more of the first thread and after reading it I'd like to revise what I'd like to order to be the following (pending final price of course):
* Aluminum light with a TurboHead on the side
* Constant current (Hi/Low)
* Ubin if at all possible (really depends on levels/runtimes)
* Whatever lens glass is the best in terms of transmittance

Off to read the rest of the posts... alright I've read most of the posts and saw some very cool pictures!! I've got just a few questions for those in the know (Jonthan or otherwise): 1) any idea as to drive levels? 2) what kind of capacity does the cell in question have? 3) any estimates as to runtimes?

Looks like a great project... can't wait! :goodjob:

:thanks:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.