Introducing "Draco" - - - PART 2

chasm22

Newly Enlightened
JimH said:
Beam shots just don't do it justice. You just have to hold it in you hand, then wonder where the hell is all that light coming from
smoker.gif

I totally agree. This light is guaranteed to put a smile on your face. Anybody that is sitting on the fence deciding whether or not to purchase one shouldn't hesitate.

There have only been a few other lights that I've purchased that have the same 'wow' factor as this light. The Barnburner, my KI's, 'The Torch', and my U-bin Raw's come to mind. This light is in the same league, and totally functional as an EDC, no small thanks to the FluPIC board.

Man, I've gotta think that this light is high on the list for Light of The Year.

Thanks again Jonathan.

Chuck

rscanady

Enlightened
Johnathon,
I received my Draco the other day....AND HOLY $%it, I am in love. This is one beautiful piece of work, the design and implementation is fantastic. I am speechless, it took only about 3 minutes to replace the Jil Flupic on my keychain (cuz I had to play with it first!) Fantastic work, can't wait for the Ti (which is small enough for me to wear around my neck, so I always have one!)

Thanks again, and great work!

Ryan

Dogliness

Enlightened
The Draco is awesome. In the first photo, the Draco is next to a Jil DD and Aleph 3 with 1xCR123 body.
In the second photo the Draco is next to an Arc AAA-P and Surefire U2.
Dracoandchrommies.jpg
DracoSurefireArc.jpg

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
#76 Al Draco received and like others have stated...HOLY S&!T I almost don't even need to carry my HDS at work with this thing on my keyring. Damn, I can't wait to get my Ti with the much anticipated turbohead. :grin2: :popcorn:

-DF

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
I have purposely avoided most of the Draco threads because I knew I would want one but did not have the funds. I have avoided many threads in the last year or so because of this. But the lure of the Draco was too much and I began reading all there was about it.

I have just spent the last 2 hours reading all of the Draco threads.

Modamag,
Based on what I have read tonight it must be a wonderful light. The glowing praise of everyone who owns one is a testament of your accomplishment. Congratulations on realizing a dream and making so many people from around the world so happy with your creation.
It is a work of art and you should be very proud of your work.
Cheers to you sir! :goodjob:

vag

Newly Enlightened
I received mine in France today and ... holy sh** this light is awesome ! marvelous ! I LOVE it :rock:

I never thought that it could be so small and tiny until I get it in my hand ! You didn't post too much pictures and you done well, because the surprise was even better when I opened the box ...

I received an L0P Special Edition a few days ago, and I already forgot this crap :naughty: I will give it to my father, and I'll keep the REAL small and powerfull light, aka the Draco !

And it's even more powerfull with the extension tube (and a little bit longer ^^ ) !

Jonathan, well done, this is an amazing light, you did a very good job ! :goodjob: And you dealed with the customers in a very efficient and professional way

A question : what will happen if I use an AAA 1.5V battery with the extension tube ? (I'm curious)
probably that the light will not turn on, but can it cause permanent damages ? I don't want to break my beautifull light, so I won't try until being sure that it is safe :)

Last, here are some pictures I took :

Draco_on_2.JPG

Draco&Fenix_L0P.JPG

Draco_vs_Duracell_2.JPG

and a Beamshot :

Beamshot_Draco_vs_L0PSE.JPG

On the left it's the draco, and on the right the Fenix L0P Special Edition ... both are on Max level of course ...

draco wins !! :bumpit:

Last edited:

stevevh

Enlightened
Just recieved my draco today and I must say jolly good job. It is an amazing feat of engineering and has replaced my trusty ARC AAA as my EDC on my keyring. Thanks for taking time to build this great little light. I am now very tempted to buy a titanium one:)

Steve

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK................received my second Draco, today.

The original is a 1W with FluPic (3 level); 2nd is a "U" bin regulated (1 level)
also ordered a "TurboHead" and man it is "Turbo"

I plan on carrying (pocket) extended body (AAA Lion) with FluPic an TurboHead, the regulated "U" is on my keychain.

I did do beamshots and will post in my picture review thread, tomorrow.

The Turbo on the FluPic and "burst" is as bright as a McLux PD and slightly brighter than HDS EDcC Ultimate 60. (by my eyes!).

jeffb

Truly amazing and in my book the 2006 "Light of the Year"

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
jeffb said:
OK................received my second Draco, today.

The original is a 1W with FluPic (3 level); 2nd is a "U" bin regulated (1 level)
also ordered a "TurboHead" and man it is "Turbo"

I plan on carrying (pocket) extended body (AAA Lion) with FluPic an TurboHead, the regulated "U" is on my keychain.

I did do beamshots and will post in my picture review thread, tomorrow.

The Turbo on the FluPic and "burst" is as bright as a McLux PD and slightly brighter than HDS EDcC Ultimate 60. (by my eyes!).

jeffb

Truly amazing and in my book the 2006 "Light of the Year"
WOW!! Jeff, those are some serious statements. Can hardly wait to see those pics.

People I have shown the turbo head Draco have been really amazed. It really reminds me of a RAW when it comes to beam quality. I really like my RAW, its what it's suppose to be... RAW and the Draco is sooo sweet and refined.

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow guys, I just started reading up on the Draco starting today (btw, I'm a Bay Area guy too, hello to you all!) and I want one! *drool*

I didn't realize that driving an S-bin Lux I at a similar level as a U-bin Lux III would give you more output, at risk of shortening the LED lifespan - but how much shorter? I.e., by the time the light dies, would it not be ripe for an upgrade (or a new light altogether)?

If I want just max output possible, should I go w/ the S-bin? I'm guessing the runtimes will not be affected.

Any help is greatly appreciated...thanks guys.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, Tony,

It's about time you came up for air. Remember, all work and no play makes Tony a dull boy.
smoker.gif

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ehehhe... yup, very busy lately. Opening two new offices! Come and visit our new office in LG when you have some time Jim.

mcmc: As for the Sbin Vs. Ubin, my understanding is that the S is a bit brighter but for how long depends drastically on how often you use it and at what level. If it's alway in burst mode then it will shorten the life quicker but remember, the battery at burst levels is not going to be full-out for very long. I have no worries and also will say that the light was designed for easy access to future modding so... all I have to say is, what are you waiting for?!?! There weren't many made and aren't many left. I'm surprised there are any left.

Hope you can make it to the get-together on the 18th. :)

T

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
CroMAGnet said:
Come and visit our new office in LG when you have some time Jim.
What time is the grand opening with the unlimited free pizza and beer
eating.gif
- I'll be there.
Sen_Smilewide.gif

Loomy

Enlightened
Attractive light, and for a competitive price, too. :)

I saw "40 lumens" quoted here. Any other guesses (or better, test results) about the brightness levels of the Draco?

Rookwood

Newly Enlightened
Loomy said:
Attractive light, and for a competitive price, too. :)

I saw "40 lumens" quoted here. Any other guesses (or better, test results) about the brightness levels of the Draco?

Not sure about the numbers, but here's a U bin Draco w/Turbohead vs. HDS Basic 60 - both at full settings, with fresh batteries at 3.5 feet:

HDS Basic 60:
hdsfn7.jpg

Draco U bin with Turbohead:
ubinturbotu4.jpg

My photography skills suck, but to my eyes, the Draco hangs right in there. In use, the HDS has a bit more throw, but I prefer the cooler temp of the U bin Draco.

Chris

Rookwood

Newly Enlightened
Here's a question for you bin experts: The Draco intro states that the S bin should be noticeably brighter, but when I compare it to my newly-received U bin, I think the U bin looks brighter - it's definitely whiter. Is the S bin really supposed to be brighter?

Left: S bin, Right: U bin - both at 3.5 feet with fresh batteries at max output (burst mode)
beamsxv6.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts