Is Surefire done with incandescents?

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even more so is what an old incan Surefire with a Crosshairs logo is worth.

What's so big about having the crosshair logo...

I guess I need to stock up on a few more G series lights. I love em, and might grab a set of 6Ps also....

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an old G2 without lockout tailcap. I rather like it as sometimes less is more.

Same here, I was about to throw it away a few years back as I was new to my "Education" and thought it was faulty, lol...

Little was I then....

I'm frankly surprised it took Surefire this long to ditch incans. They've been basically obsolete for years now and I can't imagine who's still buying them except to use as hosts. I guess that explains the firesale pricing on 6P's lately. The 6P is such a rock solid host though that I'll have to pick up another one or two from Amazon while they're still there and still under $30.

1pt21

Enlightened
I really wanted to get a couple but reason got the better of me. I realized I would still have to spend more money to get them to my liking: a round of Xeno bezels to replace their stock plastic bezel ring ($8-$12 each); a round of McClickies ($10 each); and getting them bored ($25-ish each). That totals to more than another $50 each (including shipping) on top of the cost and shipping for the lights themselves. Then I would have to spend around $20 total for a new dropin each. I rather spend that money on some Zebralights.

Why bother contemplating it anyway if you're literally going to change every aspect of the light besides the SureFire logo on the side to "get it to your liking"??? Then, talk about what you'd rather spend your money on in the thread solely based on getting a good deal on 6P? LOL

Glad to know where you'd rather spend your money....... :confused:

scout24

Flashaholic
More for the rest of us... :) Look at it that way.

Why bother contemplating it anyway if you're literally going to change every aspect of the light besides the SureFire logo on the side to "get it to your liking"??? Then, talk about what you'd rather spend your money on in the thread solely based on getting a good deal on 6P? LOL

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
The crowd is definitely thinning out. About all that is going on at Ebay is a couple offered in the $30-$40 range. Also, I noticed that there was not a single original G2 being offered. I guess it is the end of an era.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Yeah I noticed available G2's were typically going for the same prices lately...like there isn't/wasn't a big dump of them to the market like it's metal sibling, the 6P.

Frankly I haven't visited the SF sight in ages so don't know if they've eliminated all incans or just the 2 models us hobbiests enjoy so much.

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the bright side it will mean the Incan part of the forum will be a little smaller and hopefully closely knit with knowledge as usual.

I know I have learned a ton from all you guys over the years.

Last edited:

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast

I alluded to the buying impulse, fueled by the low prices and belief that the model has been discontinued, which I assumed others also shared. I shared my opinion. Excuse me.

Why bother? Why does Oveready bother with any of their P and C series modification and upgrade products and services?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Some are buying 6p's while they still can for curing the urge to scratch an itch that may involve turning it into a Chevy pickup headlight bright light, an old fashioned incan cop light or something in between. I'm keeping my $28.35 6P stock.

Regardless it aint something worth arguing over.

So lets all just live and let live here...ok?
afterall.....
Flashlights are fun.

Last edited:

1pt21

Enlightened
I alluded to the buying impulse, fueled by the low prices and belief that the model has been discontinued, which I assumed others also shared. I shared my opinion. Excuse me.

Why bother? Why does Oveready bother with any of their P and C series modification and upgrade products and services?

Fair enough. Sorry I came off a bit harsh, didn't mean to offend. Thanks for sharing with us :candle:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
SF may be done with incandescents, But I am not and never will be. Some of my favorites are the 6P and E2E burning that hot wire! Thank goodness for Lumens Factory.

Hot Wires Save Lives! :grouphug:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
^^ I dig what you're saying there.
Long live the parts box!!!

A little off topic but may shed some light..
Pun intended...

Anyway have you guys noticed $3 flashlights are LED now?
It's as if it's more costly to produce the incan products anymore.
And let's face it, how many folks will pay $60 for an incan 6P vs $60 for a G2x Pro? (Meaning the masses, not us)
Thanks to clones and knockoffs it's even worse...only a select few even buy genuine 6P bodies these days..

So Sure Fire in the end was probably not see-ing enough sales...and unlike Mag decided to eliminate them from their roster, where Mag learned making them thinner and out of slightly less paint, metal, whatever and sells mini mag incans at Wally world for $7.99 or 2D's for $20...that aint SureFire's style.

Same scenario for Sure Fire would be thinner, cheaper made versions of the 6P for selling at Lowes for say...$20... Not gonna happen.

I get that.

Last edited:

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am kicking myself in the rear now as I sold a perfectly good bored 9P that I could have been running my 2 x 18500 cells in and my P90.