It's here the Zebralight SC5C MK II H CRI

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is how I'd configure mine:
ZL_SC5_MK2_Levels.jpg

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've thought about putting the H modes in the L slot, and the L modes in the H slot. M modes stay in the M slot.
Thus, single click brings up the L modes: no more preflash and accidental self-blindings.
Hold for the H modes; easy enough.

Or

Put the H modes in the M slot, so double click from off gets you to them.
L modes in the H slot, so single click for L modes again.
Press and hold for M modes.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps, I will bite my elbows, but I have ordered one at NKON. Would be much wiser to wait for a review, but it is so damn long.

Mattz68

Newly Enlightened
I'm getting that "pre-flashlight rush" as well! 4000k, 95hi-cri...put into the coolest looking AA flashlight I've seen -close to perfection for me.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be wise to maintain the right frame of mind towards this light: it's a single AA light that should be prized for its high CRI with reasonably solid bright output and user programmable levels. The second you dwell on the shortlived absolute max output, you'll realize how short it is indeed and YEARN for longer runtimes. Then, all of a sudden, you want something even better, and the light in your hand no longer looks appealing.

Mattz68

Newly Enlightened
Yeah there's definitely limitations to the AA battery when it comes to high output...but I'll only be using the 475 in absolute "burst mode" situations -if ever. For the record, without being too spastic -I can change a battery in less than 5 sec if I need more run time. Ideally -a SC63c would have been best for sure, but it's nice to not have to rely on lithium-ion batteries.

Robe

Enlightened
Right. I mean, I like he my HDS Rotary 200 and it's rare I use it on high for more than 5 seconds.

Nichia!

Banned
dc6a7f4d8e4f95f44395e41ebfd4e1df.jpg

Here's what the tint will look like on the MK ll
( pic taken from zl h53c headlamp thread )

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tint sounds promising, as quoted by TCY about the H53c which has the same emitter as the SC5 MK2.

"Tint is perfect. Absolutely perfect. Pure white 4000K with no hue whatsoever. ZL might be the only company that offers flashlight with a 2-step Macadam ellipse tint variation. This is the perfect gift for tint snobs"

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do keep in mind this is from a frosted lens, which helps blend any tint and beam defects.
Let's hope the outcome with the reflector is just as pleasing.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do keep in mind this is from a frosted lens, which helps blend any tint and beam defects.
Let's hope the outcome with the reflector is just as pleasing.

Good point.. at least from the pics it looked like a nice warm tint which is promising. Just wish someone had one to let us know.. the wait is agonizing!

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tracking updated on mine for a delivery this Saturday! Whoever gets theirs first better post beam shots and give a detailed review lol! The wait is agonizing.