• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

JEERS to Curator - be aware of this Thief !

lefteye219

Enlightened
Sooo Sorry to hear about this scam you got cheated in Toby... Sad to see some scamster cheating the members of this community. I sell/bu most of my stuff as gift only to people I know and heave dealt with before... With new people, I always try to do as Fees included as that saves a lot of trouble in future..

I agree what Chauncey said, if we do as gift, we remove buyer/seller protection and with these kind of scums, at the end, its the genuine members who have to pay either monetary loss or item gone without money :(

toby_pra

Flashaholic
I will get this Guy....i am pretty sure.
It seems the local authorities in Manchester are interested. Once i have the
Informations from Paypal....

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will get this Guy....i am pretty sure.
It seems the local authorities in Manchester are interested. Once i have the
Informations from Paypal....
I surely hope things turn out in your favor. Do update us on any outcome.. Good luck to u..

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is terrible! All that money wasted like that. Hope everyone who got cheated get their money back.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Sorry to hear this & i hope things will turn in your favor..
I barely escaped the exact same issue with a purchase of a JK Twisted trident too, just a month ago. The saving grace for me was that i wasn't able to pay via gift to get a discount & hence i was able to get all my money back.
The "seller" took the photos of the legit owner & posed as the owner trying to sell the light he never owned..

There are just too many of these scammer/fraudsters that its difficult to know who are the legit ones & who are the fakes.

Unfortunately the web is a gold mine for people like this.

I never use the gift option even if it's actually a gift. It only saves you a few bucks and if things go sour you don't have much recourse. Not worth the risk for just a few bucks.

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Hello!

Thats the first time in my life something like this happened to me, someone ripped me off.

His Name is Mark or Steve, dont really now. His Synonym here is "Curator". He seems
to live in Manchester/England.

First up! If anyone nows this Person or can help me in any Way, please shoot me a PM!
I have started legal Action here in Germany. Upper Authorities then the local Police will
forward the Facts to the local Authorities.

I dont really know, if this will end up in a Jugdement, but i will do everything i can to get this Person.

I was looking for a Hanko Trident Ti Twisted for my Fathers 75.Birthday. The hole Family collected
Money to make this Possible. Curator shoots me an Email and send me some Pictures of a Gen.2 Hanko
he pretends to have. 3 different Pictures in 2 different Situations. I am such an Idiot to have him paid
by Paypal Gift, but he was very pleasent, i dont know why i did this. He aggrees with me to send only
fully insured and with tracking, due to a high Value Light like this. Althuogh i never had a lost Package
coming from the UK.

Now are 5 Weeks are gone. Nothing!

He still anwsered my Email and posted here once, that he has shipped both Lights. He seems to have
tried or sold another Hanko, he pretends to have. He NEVER provided any Trackingnumber to me. He
said his Wife has send it and forgot to send it insured / trackable.

Due to the fact i paid by Gift i had no chance starting a Claim thruogh Paypal. But Paypal Germany
did start a Claim as a Gesture of Goodwill. At the End Paypal UK closes the Claim, because he again
pretends to have send the Light and provided to Paypal a tracking Numer - "003345678" and refers
of a non existing Parcel Company. Pretty mysterious, but again he lies and cheated Paypal and me.
I tried to complain against the Decision Paypal UK made. The only Way on the Website was to change
the Claim to the Fact i got it, that is how the Website is working. The Person Curator is now lucky
because he thinks that he is prepared once the Police will contact him.

Be aware Curator, you will get jugded!

You never shipped anything, or if you really did, not insured as you promised (your fault!!!).
You never provided a tracking Number.
You cheated me and Paypal with a wrong Tracking Number.

The worst fo me, was the Situation when i needed to explain to my whole Family that i lost
the Money and have to Hanko...

This is what you have done to me Steve or Mark or whatever is your Name. I will never forget this!

Any Help and Informations are HIGHLY appreciated. Once the Police Contacts Paypal the need to
give his Adress to the upper Authorities.

Really sorry to hear about this and I hope you get this resolved eventually. You've always been a great guy to deal with.

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
One means when dealing with strangers is to ask them to take a picture of the item with your username handwriten on a paper in the picture. This will at least confirm that they really have the item.

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
One means when dealing with strangers is to ask them to take a picture of the item with your username handwriten on a paper in the picture. This will at least confirm that they really have the item.
That sounds like a pretty good idea. [emoji106]

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
Perhaps a quicker way to fry a scam would to do a google search of similar images.

I also tend to take screenshots of proof of my transactions when dealing with new people.
Save webpages to your pc and keep records of the times etc.

stjong

Newly Enlightened
There are always something to learn, a couple weeks back I bought a lot of ecigs from China market for resell, I have no idea where do they get my email, most of the price is nearly half and I decided to buy a lot of thing for stock (cause I thought that company must be have a special access to the product so they get it cheap, which is I am wrong). I paid by western union cause I thought the fee is cheaper than PayPal, but I have realized that the fee is more than PayPal as I have to pay WU fee and my credit card fee cause that transaction is considered the cash advanced, but the fee is fine with me, the only thing is not fine is the product is CLONE, not ORIGINAL. If I pay by PayPal than I can cancel it but because I pay by WU, they received cash over there. Long story short I received the clone products which is the quality is far from what I expected.
For Toby, Hopefully you get the money that you lose for that bad guy, from somewhere else, like the other comment said, is Karma, you lose it for other place but you get it back from different place.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ever heard of Photoshop ? Your idea can be faked dead easy.

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
That is why I also suggested a google search of the image, if they can find a picture that they don't own then you might be able to find it as well.

Also it isn't like there are a bunch of masters of photoshop who are skilled enough to make it convincing.
Of course there are always ways to get tricked.
The best defense is to always be able to get your money back.

toby_pra

Flashaholic
Hi Chance

unfortunatly there is no update...the police starts the investgation
infound out that the pics were stolen by jeff, he never posted these public,
so this guy never had one
paypal told me that i am not the first one...

and he most bad to me personally, he was never banned here and is still a member of this place, a thief
a fu.... thief. I work myself for a secial victims unit and i know how hard it is to get these people even living ithin Europe
its only a little thief, not a major crime, what would be not a problem to get his Adress and get him.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Chance

unfortunatly there is no update...the police starts the investgation
infound out that the pics were stolen by jeff, he never posted these public,
so this guy never had one
paypal told me that i am not the first one...

and he most bad to me personally, he was never banned here and is still a member of this place, a thief
a fu.... thief. I work myself for a secial victims unit and i know how hard it is to get these people even living ithin Europe
its only a little thief, not a major crime, what would be not a problem to get his Adress and get him.

Maybe... hopefully he's still allowed to be a member in hopes of catching him somehow? I don't know.

So very sorry to hear about what happened to you and to your father's gift.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
Man, these types are always working for any new angles to take the trust and money. They stand in your blind spot and wiggle there way under your skin like the parasites they are. In all walks of life they may appear, so unless the hard criteria are met, (you know them, there reputation within the context of your business with them, or they have provided absolute irrefutable proof of there intentions) then out the gate, process them internally as a scammer because the fact is that you DON'T know the person. Then the moment they hit you up for anything as unreasonable as sending such a quantity paypal gift, the only thing you'll be thinking about is how you're going to close the door with them.
:shrug: Even the best of us make newb mistakes. I'm sorry you got took in that way. However I feel the good news is that the best of us also learn a lot from these mistakes.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
I don't know if your hot on this persons trail or not, or what the case is. They say that the best revenge is good living. I know about the best revenge being good living, after I get this **$# too. But once you've done everything that is practical and reasonable, then going in circles for X amount of time after they've spent the money and forgot about you is certainly not any kind of revenge either.

Latest posts