• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

JEERS to Curator - be aware of this Thief !

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why do you believe that PayPal doesn't care?

From PayPal's User Terms Agreement - You may not use the "send money to a friend or family member" feature in your PayPal account when you are paying for goods and services.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full
They don't care how you use the gift option. With the sheer amount of scams by the use of it, they should have regulated it by now. The only reason the gift option is there is so Paypal can be relieved of charge-backs. Back in the day Paypal used to be free as long has you didn't go over a limit of transactions a month, but due to charge backs , they moved everyone to a "premier/business" accounts, charge the operating fee and created the gift/friends and family option. Send all the money you want for free, but we dont take responsibility for the transaction.

They don't care how you use the gift option. With the sheer amount of scams by the use of it, they should have regulated it by now. The only reason the gift option is there is so Paypal can be relieved of charge-backs. Back in the day Paypal used to be free as long has you didn't go over a limit of transactions a month, but due to charge backs , they moved everyone to a "premier/business" accounts, charge the operating fee and created the gift/friends and family option. Send all the money you want for free, but we dont take responsibility for the transaction.

Thank you for providing an answer to my question.

~ CG

Kestrel

Flashaholic
OK folks, while the above discussion might be of some interest and/or assistance, I'm afraid the detailed PP discussion is OT for this Jeers thread.

nbp

Flashaholic
OK folks, while the above discussion might be of some interest and/or assistance, I'm afraid the detailed PP discussion is OT for this Jeers thread.

Not to mention misleading... PP TOS indicate that F & F is not permitted for use when buying G & S. If they didn't care, they would say so. Their inadequate enforcement of their rules does not make breaking them okay. At any rate, encouraging PP fraud is not permitted here. See Rule 11. Thanks.

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not to mention misleading... PP TOS indicate that F & F is not permitted for use when buying G & S. If they didn't care, they would say so. Their inadequate enforcement of their rules does not make breaking them okay. At any rate, encouraging PP fraud is not permitted here. See Rule 11. Thanks.
No one is encouraging Paypal fraud, Im saying the option needs to be regulated to avoid issues like this one. It been discussed many , many times yet folks still keep paying for stuff using the gift option and sellers keep asking for gift payments. It needs to stop. Paypal makes it too easy to violate their own rule. I think the gift option should be taken away completely.

nbp

Flashaholic
Gotcha. Sorry, I may have misunderstood your initial post. I thought when you said PP doesn't care you were condoning the misuse of F & F.