Kitchen Knives Experiences

CLHC

Flashaholic
The Victorinox Forschner Chef's Knife is my go to knife in the kitchen:

Something about that [in]expensive knife that I'm not too overly concerned when family members stay with me and use that knife for preparing. Not to say that it is not a good knife, but it is a great knife and one that has to be "fit to be tried." Easy to maintain and hone.

But since acquiring the Mora 748 and 749, I'll be giving these two a work out.

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those Victorinox Fibrox knives get good reviews from everyone and are cheap too. Should be more or less the same steel used in the Wustoff and Henckles but ground thinner then both. The F. ****s looks nice, how do you like that one?

CLHC

Flashaholic
Those Victorinox Fibrox knives get good reviews from everyone and are cheap too. Should be more or less the same steel used in the Wustoff and Henckles but ground thinner then both. The F. ****s looks nice, how do you like that one?
Growing up with the white handle[d] Forschner's that my parents used when I was five (5) years young were all that I knew about kitchen knives. So when I found the now SAK-Forschner, I simply had to get one.

The VSAK-F Chef's Knife is really light and easy to use and RaZoR Sharp out of the box. I'm no ProExeChef or Cook, but do manage my own home cooked meals. When preparing vegetables or beef or chicken or fish, the VSAK-F Chef's Knife is great to us since I do take my time cutting/dicing/slicing. Being that I have a one track mind/tunnel vision when preparing, it does take me quite a while to do so. And no! I don't "point my index finger" when using the knife. I'm using the grip "pinch" method on the blade with thumb and index finger with the remainder of fingers on the handle. Here's an interesting video of Alton Brown on knife techniques:

I notice than the VSAK-Forschner CF does not "fatigue" my hand/wrist when using it for an extended period as much as I can "feel" when using the Eberhard Schaaf Goldenhamster. Personally, I really like this knife and is my personal favorite. Did I say it was RaZoR Sharp? When I was slicing an Onion, it sliced of my fingernails from the index and middle fingers! Good thing it did not go through to skin!

Here's the weight difference:

CcxVe3Xl.jpg

S5jcFOrl.jpg

Oh by the way, I hand wash and dry my knives straightaway after use.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Here's the weight of my Eberhard Schaaf Goldhamster First Class

8kH2kmcl.jpg

I'd say that every ounce/gram makes a big difference.

CLHC

Flashaholic
The F. ****s looks nice, how do you like that one?
This one is quite a Knife in its own respects. Very nice, Very Very Sharp, very "Nobel" I'd say. In my hands, this one is balanced and quite easy to maneuver in the kitchen when prepping. Me thinks the handle is hollow, pretty much like the Shun. Personally, I've no regrets getting this Friedrich **** 1905 Exclusive Chef's Knife.

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the 1905 series, it had the best 'factory' edge of any German knife I handled, finished well. I like the shape of the blade and the balance too.

CLHC

Flashaholic
While not considered a Kitchen Knife, this is my Shun Higo-No Kami's first slice into steak!

5ir8aDyl.jpg

Let me say that it required no effort whatsoever to slice! Very sharp for a Gentleman's Pocket Steak Knife.

Latest posts