• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Klarus G30 limited version for Thanksgiving, Christmas

HorizontalHunter

Enlightened
Battery rcommendation

I have a Klarus G30 on the way and I was wondering what you recommend for batteries?

The Klarus website says "Battery: 3x 18650 ( Do not use CR123A or 16340 batteries)"

Do you recommend flat top or button top or will either do?
Do you recommend protected batteries or unprotected batteries?

Thanks,

Bob

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Battery rcommendation

Flats work. The light steps down as the batteries get low and has voltage indicator when turn on so protected or not up to you. I dont use protected batteries my self. Oh it does have them 3s so maybe protected beter for you !

HorizontalHunter

Enlightened

Flats work. The light steps down as the batteries get low and has voltage indicator when turn on so protected or not up to you. I dont use protected batteries my self. Oh it does have them 3s so maybe protected beter for you !

Thanks For replying. I will definitely us protected as the batteries are in series.

I really wish that flashlight manufacturers would be more specific in their battery requirements like Zebra Light is. Just saying that it takes 18650's is not enough information.

Bob

elbowroom

Newly Enlightened

Yes I agree completely with you Bob. It gets very confusing and daunting and most manufacturers' do not provide "specific" information.
So what did you find out and what are you using? Can we use flat top as well as button? protected or un-protected? How do you like the light? I just bought mine yesterday from GearBest at a great price, but did not buy batteries yet as I had these same battery questions as you. Also any opinion on the Nitecore D4 charger?

Thanks For replying. I will definitely us protected as the batteries are in series.

I really wish that flashlight manufacturers would be more specific in their battery requirements like Zebra Light is. Just saying that it takes 18650's is not enough information.

Bob

HorizontalHunter

Enlightened

Yes I agree completely with you Bob. It gets very confusing and daunting and most manufacturers' do not provide "specific" information.
So what did you find out and what are you using? Can we use flat top as well as button? protected or un-protected? How do you like the light? I just bought mine yesterday from GearBest at a great price, but did not buy batteries yet as I had these same battery questions as you. Also any opinion on the Nitecore D4 charger?

I posted here in hopes tha Klight would respond but I checked his profile and he/shehasn't been on here since March 30th. I too ordered form Gear Best. My light hasn't come in yet. It should be here in a few days. So I haven't found out much other than what what is have read in the Interwebz.

I have read that one person ran flat tops in his. I am planning on running a protected battery as it is a 3s configuration. I have some 3500mah KeepPower cells that I am going to test it with when I get it.cthen I will buy 6 cells so I have two sets dedicated to that flashlight. I doubt that I will run the KeepPowers in it due to the cost. We'll see.

i like the Digicharger. It is pretty much plug and play and will do all of the battery types I need to do at this point. My only "complaint" is that it is slow. I knew that going in from the forum members but I got a great price on it so I went for it.

I hope that that this helps.

Bob

klight

Enlightened
Re: RGB lens diffusers

Which color? and what purpose for color lights?

klight

Enlightened

Hi Bob,

Sorry for confusing you, we will make the specification better to catch up users needs.

1. Both flat top and button top 18650 are works for G30.
2. We recommend protected batteries.

Will be checking around on CPF often.
Klight

klight

Enlightened

I posted here in hopes tha Klight would respond but I checked his profile and he/shehasn't been on here since March 30th. I too ordered form Gear Best. My light hasn't come in yet. It should be here in a few days. So I haven't found out much other than what what is have read in the Interwebz.

I have read that one person ran flat tops in his. I am planning on running a protected battery as it is a 3s configuration. I have some 3500mah KeepPower cells that I am going to test it with when I get it.cthen I will buy 6 cells so I have two sets dedicated to that flashlight. I doubt that I will run the KeepPowers in it due to the cost. We'll see.

i like the Digicharger. It is pretty much plug and play and will do all of the battery types I need to do at this point. My only "complaint" is that it is slow. I knew that going in from the forum members but I got a great price on it so I went for it.

I hope that that this helps.

Bob

Sorry for delay response, sometimes, can not landing due to internet issue. and will scan on the CPF more often to answer questions.
Klight

HorizontalHunter

Enlightened

Which color? and what purpose for color lights?

Red for preserving night vision and blue to assist in blood trailing wounded deer and bear.

Hi Bob,

Sorry for confusing you, we will make the specification better to catch up users needs.

1. Both flat top and button top 18650 are works for G30.
2. We recommend protected batteries.

Will be checking around on CPF often.
Klight

Thank you,

Bob

HorizontalHunter

Enlightened

Sorry for delay response, sometimes, can not landing due to internet issue. and will scan on the CPF more often to answer questions.
Klight

No worries. Life gets busy sometimes.

I received my G30 from GearBest today. It is a very nice, solidly built, flooder. I am looking forward to sunset.:grin2:

Bob

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry for delay response, sometimes,... due to internet issue. and will scan on the CPF more often to answer questions.
Klight

Thanks Sir / Madame klight.

We (CPF) appreciate your time + work.

(WoW! - no cash ATM, BUT a strong desire for a G30 ...)

HorizontalHuntr,
Had time for any impressions yet?

Last edited:

HorizontalHunter

Enlightened

HorizontalHuntr,
Had time for any impressions yet?

I put some new, fully charged, 3500mah KeepPower batteries in to test it the other night. It throws an honest 180-200m and I can make out a chain link fence at that distance. It has a lot of spill and really lights up the field. I bought this light to help blood trail and find deer/bear shot at last light and I think that it will fill that role nicely.

It is a solidly made light and fairly heavy loaded with batteries. It handles the heat on turbo very well and has a terrific run times on turbo and high which was a major consideration in my purchasing it. It is a temperature controlled step down and seeing as it will get its heaviest use in the fall when it is colder outI should get a really good runtime on turbo before it steps down.

I also really like the switch lock out feature that prevent it being accidentally turned on in my pack. You can also turn the tail cap a quarter of a turn, or so, to physically lock it out as well if you prefer that. I have reached in my pack for a light to either find it on or dead too many times over the years so any light that will go into my pack will have a lockout; no exceptions.

A holster would be nice to protect the lens and I would like to see some colored filters as well. The light. Both of which I can make on my own so it isn't an issue for me.

It comes with a spare "O" ring and a lanyard. It is a very reasonably priced light and I am glad that they put the money into the light instead of accessories.

FWIW
I also bought three Panasonic/Sanyo 18650 button tops to test in the G30. They fit fine and I expect that they will perform well. They also fit my Fenix Tk16, Fenix E35UE, and Nitecore HC90.

They are in the charger as I type and I will order some more in the near future.
http://http://liionwholesale.com/pr...nyo-ncr18650ga-button-top?variant=12534255236

Bob

ETA:

FWIW:
The Panasonic/Sanyo 18650's seem to be a little brighter than the KeepPower's to my eye. They both have more than enough current availability to run the light. Both sets of batteries are brand new and fully charged. Not a scientific test but the light is definitely noticibly brighter to me with the the Panasonic/Sanyo cells. I will be ordering more for sure.:D

Awesome light. Couldn't be happier.

Bob

Last edited:

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ive used a foursevens mmu x3 holster with mine. If it helps. Its a good secure tough holster.

HorizontalHunter

Enlightened

Ive used a foursevens mmu x3 holster with mine. If it helps. Its a good secure tough holster.

Thanks for the suggestion. Just completed a prototype to get the size just right. Sadly I usually find that the off the shelf options don't meet my needs as a hunter. I need quiet fabric, no magnets, and no Velcro. It's gotta have buttons for me. Tried, true, and most importantly quiet.

99% of the time it will be in my pack as it is a little big to hang on a belt. I will put a reinforced belt loop on it just to have the option.

Bob

klight

Enlightened

Hi Bob,

Good question, What color you want? and what purpose for? If you have good idea, welcome to email us [email protected] we will give response ASAP.

Thanks,
Nice weekend!

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Klight, I received a G30 Thursday and it does not work. Is there a service place here in the US I can send it for repair?

HorizontalHunter

Enlightened

Hi Bob,

Good question, What color you want? and what purpose for? If you have good idea, welcome to email us [email protected] we will give response ASAP.

Thanks,
Nice weekend!

Thank you for your interest. I made what I wanted for hunting. It's not pretty but it is perfect for Meyer needs. You can see it here:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?418124-Klarus-G30

Realistically I don't see much of a market for it. The G30 is a pretty big light to put on your belt. My main goal was to protect the light, especially the lens, while it is in my backpack.

I really like my G30 it is a terrific light and I couldn't be happier with it. It is a shame to see that some forum members have had a bad one out of the box. Hopefully you can help them to a quick resolution.

Thanks,

Bob

camelight

Newly Enlightened
I just got mine yesterday and it's great it is very bery bright well built throw very nice and a very good flooder
But when i put it on turbo i cant even get more then 1 minute before it step down
I dont want to use thw1 turbo for more then 5-10 minutes but because it can harm the led but i cant even do that only 1-2 minutes
Other than that it is grat light the high mode give 900 lumens that is realy good with a grate runtime
If i will have enough time i will do a review of this flashlight