Knife & Light pics. (Identify your images!)

chaoss

Enlightened
Re: Knife & Light pics.

My working pals= Hi CRI Haiku, RA 140GT & Lg/Sm micarta Sebenzas........
4191f7d5-1.jpg

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic

I love that Leaf Storm! I have been jonesing for a Ti framelock for EDC with my Ti lights, but most of the stuff I look at is super pricey. That looks like a heck of a knife for the money. Can you give us a few brief thoughts on it? Do you carry it? How does it feel in the hand, does it lock up tightly, easy to manipulate? I have a Delica and a Caly 3 CF if that helps for comparison's sake.

persco

Enlightened

I love that Leaf Storm! I have been jonesing for a Ti framelock for EDC with my Ti lights, but most of the stuff I look at is super pricey. That looks like a heck of a knife for the money. Can you give us a few brief thoughts on it? Do you carry it? How does it feel in the hand, does it lock up tightly, easy to manipulate? I have a Delica and a Caly 3 CF if that helps for comparison's sake.

Give this review a try. I personally like the Leafstorm a lot better than Tony, but he gives it a very good review...http://www.everydaycommentary.com/2011/03/spyderco-leafstorm-review.html

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic

Little overboard this week.
Buck Vantage PRO Small
Spyderco Delica 4 FFG Orange
Benchmade/Harley Davidson Mini Pika

Now to find lights that pair up properly!

precisionworks

Flashaholic

Interesting that you post a photo of the knife I just made an offer on :)

I started looking for a Mission Ti folder this morning (3" or 4" serrated) but the price is up there. The ZT knives look well built & sturdy, and a little over $100 USD will buy the 0350ST. Ought to look really neat with a few 2x24mm green trits.

*parallax*

Newly Enlightened

Yeah I carry this a lot and rotate between my GITD Manix, DPX HEST and a Benchmade Mini Dejavoo. Got to say the Leafstorm is a fantastic little knife with a rock solid lock-up which really gives you confidence using it for bigger tasks than you'd normally use such a small blade for. It's sharp as hell and has only bit me the once :) Fits easily in the pocket / you'd hardly know it was there. Perfect companion for my Nitecore.

Can't say enough good things about this knife. If you're on the fence just go for it, you won't be disappointed!

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast

Something different. It is/was a 1x18650 stainless steel light. This f*/@€... light really had it coming. Even though intended for 18650 cells it dented the cells pretty bad (although I tightened the innards of both tailcap and head as good as it gets), never working properly since mode changes were merely luck. Well, before the shoot it had a straight diameter from head to tail but then got dented with a few beats by the hammer, hammered a (supposedly) AK47 bayonet into the business end until it stuck and destroyed lens, reflector, LED (Cree XR-E), electronics. It was a light that set me back about $200 a few years ago but hell it felt good anyway :devil:

ak47.jpg

p97z

Newly Enlightened

Eric242... Best knife flashlight picture ever!
I've had a couple lights i'd like to do the same thing to... Excellent!

precisionworks

Flashaholic

Something different. It is/was a 1x18650 stainless steel light. This f*/@€... light really had it coming. Even though intended for 18650 cells it dented the cells pretty bad (although I tightened the innards of both tailcap and head as good as it gets), never working properly since mode changes were merely luck. Well, before the shoot it had a straight diameter from head to tail but then got dented with a few beats by the hammer, hammered a (supposedly) AK47 bayonet into the business end until it stuck and destroyed lens, reflector, LED (Cree XR-E), electronics. It was a light that set me back about $200 a few years ago but hell it felt good anyway :devil:

Eric,

Don't hold your feelings back, let it all out. Just stay away from McGizmo, Mac, MirageMan, etc. :nana:

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast

Eric242 I've never gone so far as to "end" a project that went wrong, looks therapeutic I'll have to give it a WHACK!! next time it happens

mrlysle

Enlightened

Eric242. That's friggin awesome! Good for you! BTW, I was checking out your collection via the link in your sig line. WOW! You've had, and still have, some super nice lights! Great Surefire roundup. Thanks for posting the pics. Ever tried anger management? ROFL! just kidding dude!