Knife & Light pics. (Identify your images!)

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jigged up a new Photobucket account. Lets give it ago with a regurgitation of a oldie but a goodie pic. Hinderer and a "Baby" Spy.
spyhindsmall1_zps86crwlcg.jpg

Montegrappa Cu Pen, Spyderco Pacific and HDS HyperRed
82A0CC41-B190-40BA-A695-D627AA078EA8_zpsgunlbyuc.jpg

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Cool stuff str8, i am well behind on knives tbh, mainly due to not being able to edc anything of use here in the UK thats legal!

I know for sure if i was your side, my gun and knife collection would dwarf my lights!

jskelton

Newly Enlightened
Jigged up a new Photobucket account. Lets give it ago with a regurgitation of a oldie but a goodie pic. Hinderer and a "Baby" Spy.
spyhindsmall1_zps86crwlcg.jpg

Montegrappa Cu Pen, Spyderco Pacific and HDS HyperRed

Holy crap that's teeny!!

TWSS

mjpgolf1

Newly Enlightened
Today's carry: Alexey Konygin full custom Decepticon. I was fortunate enough to be Alexey's first customer in the US (although that made the payment process "tricky") and this is also the first knife he has ever made with bearings. The action is absolutely silky smooth and very fast. This is a rare treasure in my collection that I love to carry. Accompanied by the McGizmo Haiku of course.

7cf05ab35b61339c890bdf368cd9a708.jpg

90de6e0125bd5b4192343475ea6d80d9.jpg

2fa4ba04e698ee11947c34435b06661a.jpg

Jim, you obviously have wonderful taste and have some great knives. I'm wondering though. Are the knives you feature here all out of your personal collection? I'm just curious because there are some absolutely stunning and very rare pieces that you have, not to mention that you have tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars in knives pictured in this thread. That's a pretty serious hobby man. They are all very beautiful my friend.

jskelton

Newly Enlightened
Jim, you obviously have wonderful taste and have some great knives. I'm wondering though. Are the knives you feature here all out of your personal collection? I'm just curious because there are some absolutely stunning and very rare pieces that you have, not to mention that you have tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars in knives pictured in this thread. That's a pretty serious hobby man. They are all very beautiful my friend.

Thanks a lot! Yes, these are all mine, and none are safe-queens, all get carried (and used when the need arises).

Much to my wife's chagrin, all of my hobbies tend to get out of hand and quite costly. Cars, motorcycles, knives, watches, guns and now lights.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got to get me a Warncliff blade to try out.
Skelton keeps teasing with those Transformer pics. I keep filing complaints with the mods about his grandiloquent pictures and obvious disregard for any possible heart conditions other members may have! But to no avail, they just keep coming and coming. hahaha.
We need a Skelton Lifestyle Thread full of nothing but his killer gear stash: as a sticky!
Whats next a Diamond encrusted Mokume Tri-V3?? No seriously, could y'all imagine a Mokume Tri V3? That would be truly insane.

Anyways, thought you guys would find this kinda funny. Well atleast I did. I am on the 5.11 email list. They sent me a email with a link to a 4th of July Sale. I clicked the link several times and always got this:
62809779-C160-4130-BDD7-2910B4D6F07E_zps7lwuokuv.png

Anyone note the Irony? :sssh:

mjpgolf1

Newly Enlightened
Thanks a lot! Yes, these are all mine, and none are safe-queens, all get carried (and used when the need arises).

Much to my wife's chagrin, all of my hobbies tend to get out of hand and quite costly. Cars, motorcycles, knives, watches, guns and now lights.

Hobbies are quite expensive for sure. Especially the ones you've listed, which are just about the same stuff that I am into aside from motorcycles. Except you are obviously on another level $ wise. I, and I'm sure everyone else here, would love if you are able to put together a few pictures of your entire collection of knives and lights. I wouldn't mind seeing the watches as well as I appreciate a nice timepiece as well. As I said I'm sure everyone would love to see a group shot of what you have. Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful stuff. There is always someone on these types of forums that everyone kind of envies. Someone that is just on a completely different level when it comes to the gear they buy. That person here is you. I hope you enjoy it all in good health. You truly are lucky to be able to have such nice stuff.

jskelton

Newly Enlightened
Hobbies are quite expensive for sure. Especially the ones you've listed, which are just about the same stuff that I am into aside from motorcycles. Except you are obviously on another level $ wise. I, and I'm sure everyone else here, would love if you are able to put together a few pictures of your entire collection of knives and lights. I wouldn't mind seeing the watches as well as I appreciate a nice timepiece as well. As I said I'm sure everyone would love to see a group shot of what you have. Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful stuff. There is always someone on these types of forums that everyone kind of envies. Someone that is just on a completely different level when it comes to the gear they buy. That person here is you. I hope you enjoy it all in good health. You truly are lucky to be able to have such nice stuff.

Thanks, that's very nice of you to say. Honestly, my collection (of all these things) pales in comparison to so many people that I know. I know guys that have $10k into individual knives and more... and they collect in the same kind of multiple quantities that I do. All I can do is stand back and admire.

I've never done any collection shots because it would take too long to get everything laid out, and I'd have to stand on my roof to get a wide enough angle to fit everything in LOL. Besides, as any collector, I buy/sell/trade so often that my collection is in a constant state of flux. Anything I post today could be outdated by next week.

My Instagram is the best way to see most of what I have, I post there like an addicted 16 year old :D.

jskelton

Newly Enlightened
Today's pairing. Marfione Custom Combat Interceptor. Serial number 001 with a mirror polished Elmax sawtooth Bowie style blade.

Hanko Twisted Ti Trident, which is pretty much becoming my go-to light.

c4302c0340ff3ec059b751e9db4613eb.jpg

aa6f83111452b365d864fe5fd0353a57.jpg

3c5608cafbb11199c9df2837c63bce7c.jpg

a9a30e22bfdd237d279114abdffb0eb0.jpg

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Knife & Light pics. (Identify your images!)

Nice .... FixedBladeFriday I like it! BUSSE .41 MOAB and my Surefire Dominator