Kydex holster for hds

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a HDS holster years ago. Best holster for my light ever made. Now they are made by Force Tech. After 2 months of waiting and broken promises I had to ask for a refund after I requested a ship date or I would take the matter to paypal. They made the refund. I would suggest anyone to lock down a shipping date before purchasing and then make them stick to it. Just my two cents.
2tdyIkG

2tdyIkG

HDS has one left. They are $55. If you email Henry [email protected] he can get it to you. It isn't in the store.
It is for a 1.5 inch belt.

img-1183.jpg

Ej Breeze

Newly Enlightened
He changed the lead time way past my order date and couldn't give me a completion date after nearly 8 weeks. Also know you will not get any confirmation of your order from him other than your credit card payment processing center. Just saying. Some folks might need to know the extended wait time. :)

Sos24

Enlightened
I bought a HDS holster years ago. Best holster for my light ever made. Now they are made by Force Tech. After 2 months of waiting and broken promises I had to ask for a refund after I requested a ship date or I would take the matter to paypal. They made the refund. I would suggest anyone to lock down a shipping date before purchasing and then make them stick to it. Just my two cents.
2tdyIkG

2tdyIkG

I was considering getting one og the Force Tech canted ones, but although I don't mind waiting for a quality product, lack lf communication really bothers me.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was considering getting one og the Force Tech canted ones, but although I don't mind waiting for a quality product, lack lf communication really bothers me.

Currently their web site states "This product is currently out of stack and unavailable". I have no idea if they plan to produce them again.

shameless plug, but I do know a guy who can make a canted one out of leather.

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
Apart from initial cost, I can't see where kydex is superior to leather in any measurable category.

I have a kydex holster sold by HDS. It is my preferred solution when I need to very quickly draw and re-holster my light more than 10 times an hour for six hours - during firearm training. Not sure I want to put any of my five leather holsters through that type of abuse.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Apart from initial cost, I can't see where kydex is superior to leather in any measurable category.

Kydex does have some advantages especially in a very wet and rainy environment. I live in the damn desert... so not a big issue.

I do tend to make my stuff rather "snug" as then a person can simply wrap their light (any 1 inch diameter light, and it is usually easier with a longer light) in Saran wrap or plastic wrap. The thicker you wrap it and stuff it in the holster, the more it will stretch the leather to get that perfect fit... that everyone pretty much has a different idea of what that is.

Sos24

Enlightened
Currently their web site states "This product is currently out of stack and unavailable". I have no idea if they plan to produce them again.

shameless plug, but I do know a guy who can make a canted one out of leather.

Right now I'm content with carrying it in a pocket organizer, but i will keep yours in mind if I do decide on a holster.

Latest posts