• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Lamplighter LED keychain lanterns

saypat

Enlightened
Hello. Just really curious about how visible the light is at night? If someone on the order list wanted a copper instead of brass, or vice versa, would that work?

thanks....

patrick

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm happy to report The Inserterator works amazingly well. :twothumbs
I have 500 12mm chrome-plated stainless steel split rings in the mail so until those arrive I cannot ship anything. I plan to continue the builds until they show up at which point PM's will start going out. :)

Good news Calipsoii; on both fronts. Looking forward to the little bitty fireflies. :thumbsup::party:

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello. Just really curious about how visible the light is at night? If someone on the order list wanted a copper instead of brass, or vice versa, would that work?

thanks....

patrick

Hi Patrick,

As archimedes commented, they're pretty visible. The one on my nightstand is significantly brighter than a Tain Flute with 13 trits in it. I can see it glowing when I walk through the doorway at dusk. I didn't order a huge number of extra hosts so I'll need to wait until the builds are complete to see what is left. I've already lost 4 hosts honing my assembly method.

I've got my fingers crossed last nights' brass one will be the final one to end up on the scrap pile. When the silicone caulk cured overnight it lightly fogged the inside of the glass as it off-gassed. :shakehead First and last one I use caulking on - the copper one I just assembled is using a light application of glue that's supposed to avoid that so we'll see.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

Just a quick update: I'm still working on these as time permits! I'm a pretty picky guy and the first few I assembled didn't meet my satisfaction. The caulking was fogging the glass (fixed) and circuit boards weren't sitting in the body quite right (fixed). These rejects have joined my growing sample gallery. :p
run1rejects.jpg

Just wanted to check in so everyone knows what's going on. Thanks for your patience - I'm very determined to ship a good product so nothing is leaving this house until I'm happy with it. :)

Cheers!

cnjl3

Enlightened
Nice! Did you consider Norland optical adhesive? It is what I have used in the past to mount tritium vials to some of my flashlight hosts or keychain fobs. It drys clear and it is waterproof.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

Just wanted to check in so everyone knows what's going on. Thanks for your patience - I'm very determined to ship a good product so nothing is leaving this house until I'm happy with it. :)

Cheers!

Your efforts to deliver us an outstanding product are much appreciated! :twothumbs

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tried non-reactive silicone? I use this for potting my drivers, it does not off-gass that I can tell. It's specially made for electronics and is non-corrosive. Maybe it is the ticket for your situation.

[h=1]Clear Electronic Grade Silicone[/h]Amazon has it for $8

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the suggestions guys! I did end up finding a caulk that seems to work very well. The key was to find a 'neutral cure' one that uses something other than vinegar as the catalyst. No clouding issues so far.

I've completed several Lamplighters and am happy with each of them. I believe you'll be happy too! Just as soon as my split rings arrive (hopefully this week) we can get the ball rolling on shipping. I'm a pretty particular guy so even little details like the split rings are important to me and I'm willing to wait on them. Soon!

TECENG

Newly Enlightened
If I can still get on the list, I'll take a 3-window copper. I have been following this project since the initial stages and am really thrilled to see it come to life. I'll be even more thrilled if I can get one!

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I can still get on the list, I'll take a 3-window copper. I have been following this project since the initial stages and am really thrilled to see it come to life. I'll be even more thrilled if I can get one!

!!!!

I don't even know what to say! I'm feeling pretty honored just to have you post in this thread TECENG.

I should have a couple extra 3-window coppers assuming the rest of the builds go smoothly. A couple casualties (including both my thumbs) have come out of THE INSERTERATOR but I've got my assembly method down pat now so I think we're good.

Thanks again for following along eh? It's been a slow project (and with my new busy household it's only gotten slower) but we're still making progress and I'm still having fun. :)

... and @TECENG has an interesting keyring project moving forward, as well [emoji12]

Indeed he does! I subscribed a few days ago after seeing his sneak peek keychain shot. Looking forward to putting in my order for one and still secretly hoping the A3-ORG comes back in stock (I should have bought one when they launched).

TECENG

Newly Enlightened
!!!!

I don't even know what to say! I'm feeling pretty honored just to have you post in this thread TECENG.

I should have a couple extra 3-window coppers assuming the rest of the builds go smoothly. A couple casualties (including both my thumbs) have come out of THE INSERTERATOR but I've got my assembly method down pat now so I think we're good.

Thanks again for following along eh? It's been a slow project (and with my new busy household it's only gotten slower) but we're still making progress and I'm still having fun. :)

Indeed he does! I subscribed a few days ago after seeing his sneak peek keychain shot. Looking forward to putting in my order for one and still secretly hoping the A3-ORG comes back in stock (I should have bought one when they launched).

Aw shucks, now I'm blushing. It's funny how these forums are so small, some using the same nickname and some different.
I have A3-ORG units, Jon just hasn't ordered any to replenish stock. Shoot me a PM and we can discuss.
Oh, and I know how it is with a new member coming into the family so no worries on schedule. Those days are way past me now (well, sort of) so I get a lot of play time :)

TECENG

Newly Enlightened
Where can we find his work? I searched his started threads and posts but he's not very active here.

Yeah, I'm more active on EDCF, only so many hours in a day...
I don't want to break any rules here, so I don't want to post any links. Just go there and look at the manufacturers section, you'll find it

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
The split rings have arrived!
run1splitrings.jpg

But not just any split rings. These are the 2ND order I placed from a totally different vendor. I realized after placing the 1st order that the split rings were those ones that snag on your pocket and poke your fingers and that simply will not do.

These are the really nice stainless steel jewelry ones with the ends neatly tucked and filed for a smooth feel and snag-less keychain experience. :D
run1splitringdetail.jpg

I guess that means it's time to start packing Lamplighters!
run1allboxedup.jpg

sassaquin, mcmc and cnjl3 - you have PMs! :naughty: