Leatherman Skeletool

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got mine yesterday and love it! Paid $64 shipped for a CX model and intend on carrying this lightweight with me everywhere.

I thought the blade would be a little bit bigger, but it opens easily with one hand.

I will probably have zero use for it at work since Im behind a computer all day. But hey, we here like being prepared for everything :)

RadarGreg

Enlightened
I've been carrying my Skeletool CX since shortly after the Shot Show, and I am surprised it has basically replaced my Charge Ti as my EDC multitool. I initially thought I would miss all the extra features of the Charge, but have been able to do just about everything I need with only the Skeletool. The weight is much less and since I carry it in my jeans pocket, I hardly notice it. I'm not about to totally shelve my Charge Ti, but for most tasks, I think I can do with the Skeletool. I really like the extra bits I bought as they do come in extremely handy for special fasteners, so I may have to carry them around in a different pouch.

m16a

Enlightened
My CX literally arrived 10 minutes ago. It is well made, opens easily one handed, and a few openings and closings of the pliers made them work beautifully:thumbsup: i can't wait to carry this beauty around with me:whistle:

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
My folks sent me one for my birthday but it hasn't arrived yet. I am hoping tomorrow or Friday. It seems like the perfect edc for me. The low weight is my main attraction and away from home I don't EVER use more than a knife, screwdriver and pliars.

Dantor

Enlightened
Happy belated Berfday DieselDave!

it's why I got mine, for the lighter weight, and light it is.

2i6ckm9.jpg

Dantor

Enlightened
yeah, it came free with one of my GIU from smokey mountain, it's a cheapie but it fits ;)

I will get better ones :ironic:

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Been carrying mine for over a month now. Sliced a nice gash in my thumb with a one handed opening technique. I carry via my belt loop and barely know it's there. It is noticeably lighter to carry than even the Wave. Not nearly as strong as the Wave and not even close to some others. For it's purpose I am extremely satisfied.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep I still love mine, it's beating wave and vic spirit for my EDC tool.

I'm thinking thou if I should get a regular version in addition to my CX.

roksx

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a multi-tool for a bug-out bag, and I have a hard time choosing between weight and features. I live in an urban environment so I probably won't miss a saw. I have a hard time imagining the tools I might use since I've never had a multi-tool before.

Does anybody have good suggestions as to wheater the skeletool might (not) be appropriate for an urban bug-out bag? I'm also considering the vic Spirit.

Styerman

Newly Enlightened
The Skeletool has become my off duty multi , the fit an finish on mine is as good as any Leatherman I have owned except my beloved Sideclip . Overall Im pretty happy .

Chris

SnWnMe

Enlightened
I got mine for $10 @ Amazon!

It's not a LM for folks who do not have any LMs. I do and so this is a nice minimalist alternative for me.

It's not about to replace your Wave for a romp in the wilderness but that's not what the Skeletool is about IMO. It's light, unobtrusive and out of the way like a good EDC should be yet still features the trademark pliers that while diminutive, still has it over the smaller LMs in that it has full sized handles for more leverage. A Micra/Skeletool EDC would be perfect!

I myself see it as a better pocket knife that handily beats my Delica. The only time I could not carry it in the 48 hours that I've had it was while working out in the gym. I may have to EDC a light neck knife during exercise :thinking:

Pics of things I EDC (with the new LM SKT)

Over Sized Image Removed

Last edited by a moderator:

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really? Won't increasing your available balance increase your credit?

Yesterday I helped my neighbor put together his new TV (4 screws for the stand) long before he found his screwdriver. His wife laughed :)

Kingfisher

Enlightened
Got mine from Amazon UK. A little heavier than I imagined, but all round a lot better than I imagined too. Good price.

desktop-1.jpg

stockae92

Enlightened
there's a post on the www.popularmechanics.com link commenting that the 420 blade on regular skeletool can't keep a good edge. is 420 blade that bad?

i know cx got a 154cm blade, but i perfect smooth blade for shorter blade length