Leatherman Skeletool

stockae92

Enlightened
question about amazon.

i was looking at the price for a skeletool cs on amazon

and their prices seems to be *floating*

the first time i saw it it was $52.xx, then they jack it up to $54, and now its $53.12??

Theatre Booth Guy

Enlightened
question about amazon.

the first time i saw it it was $52.xx, then they jack it up to $54, and now its $53.12??

The prices for some things change by a lot more than the couple dollars you found. If there's something I want, I try to watch for a while to see if the price stays the same or not and pick it up for the cheaper price if it is not steady.

Lightingguy321

Enlightened
I have had one for about 5 months now and have to say I don't mind dropping almost all other tools except pliers, knife, and bit driver. It is now my EDC multitool and I still haven't managed to dull the knife blade.

stockae92

Enlightened
I have had one for about 5 months now and have to say I don't mind dropping almost all other tools except pliers, knife, and bit driver. It is now my EDC multitool and I still haven't managed to dull the knife blade.

i think freestyle is the one that you really want :)

Lightingguy321

Enlightened
I work in the theater, so I actually need the pliers as well as the screw driver (and all the extra bits). Otherwise I would have gotten a freestyle (cx)

jonesy

Enlightened
For those of you with a freestyle or the skeletool, is it possible to switch the pocket clip to the other side? I've wondered if it's possible to make it a bit more lefty friendly.

damn_hammer

Enlightened
question about amazon.

You can copy the item link from amazon, and go to camel camel camel dot com ... paste your link, and have a look at the price change over the past year plus. A nice tool. I've had the skeletool since a couple months of release, and there is not a fault I can find with it.

dledmo

Newly Enlightened
I am looking at multitools for carrying at work, my main needs are pliers and knife with the rare screwdriver. I like the lightweight and the clip-on which I could just hook on to a belt loop. My thoughts are I could find a multitool with more functions and costs less such as the Wingman, should I pay extra for less weight?

Imon

Enlightened
dledmo,

It's not just less weight with the Skeletool there's also the finer precision and quality of the tools on the Skeletool.
Personally, I'm not a fan of the Skeletool, I think the Blast and Juice are better, but it still lives up to Leatherman's quality.

I own a Sidekick, along with eight other Leatherman MTs, and the Sidekick and Wingman just don't live up to Leatherman quality.
Just my opinion on the matter.

dledmo

Newly Enlightened
dledmo,

It's not just less weight with the Skeletool there's also the finer precision and quality of the tools on the Skeletool.
Personally, I'm not a fan of the Skeletool, I think the Blast and Juice are better, but it still lives up to Leatherman's quality.

I own a Sidekick, along with eight other Leatherman MTs, and the Sidekick and Wingman just don't live up to Leatherman quality.
Just my opinion on the matter.

What about the Sidekick and Wingman are lacking in your opinion?