Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

ven

Flashaholic
With the Czech VAT of 21%, which is the same as in the Netherlands, the Superpower would cost me about €2960. And that's without shipping.

and thats why i dont own one :laughing: nor will i likely...............

Still its cool to see pics of, thats as close to the real thing i will be getting anyway:)

RemcoM

Enlightened
I think, this light, does have more throw...Cd, than a airplanelandinglight.

I go order this, if it is possible....beatinng all vehicle light sources.

ven

Flashaholic

I thought an airplane light is 400kcd.................it more than trounces it!!! and its smaller than an airplane too...............not by much :laughing:

bulbmogul

Enlightened
With the Czech VAT of 21%, which is the same as in the Netherlands, the Superpower would cost me about €2960. And that's without shipping.

Thats just about exactly what it just cost me in USD. The dollar is at a all time high against the Euro and a great time to shop in Europe...

bulbmogul

Enlightened

Please contact Petr @ Lemax in the Cz Republic as they just built a fresh batch of 500 of them and I am sure he has one with your name written all over it..

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question about how this light is not practical...I was thinking, would this light do the trick if you wanted to play tennis at night? Or drive golf balls at night, or play Wiffle ball, etc? Or is it too narrowly focused? Also, it might be impractical for such a task because it might be too blinding. Maybe it would work driving golf balls because you would point it out and you wouldn't be looking in the direction of the light. Or maybe it is like a setting sun, just like you aren't supposed to look into the sun maybe you could lay the Superpower on the ground 50 feet off to the side and play some night tennis, but just like the sun make sure you don't look into it??

bulbmogul

Enlightened
Question about how this light is not practical...I was thinking, would this light do the trick if you wanted to play tennis at night? Or drive golf balls at night, or play Wiffle ball, etc? Or is it too narrowly focused? Also, it might be impractical for such a task because it might be too blinding. Maybe it would work driving golf balls because you would point it out and you wouldn't be looking in the direction of the light. Or maybe it is like a setting sun, just like you aren't supposed to look into the sun maybe you could lay the Superpower on the ground 50 feet off to the side and play some night tennis, but just like the sun make sure you don't look into it??
Well it really serves no practical use what so ever to me but just the fact of adding another "Handheld Portable HID Light" to the arsenal of Flame Throwers...

N10

Newly Enlightened
I don't wanna be too pushy but i think there's a few people on here waiting for beamshots :)

bulbmogul

Enlightened
Surefire DOES NOT provide you with a battery charger for either the Arc2-8C or the Hellfighter5, however Lemax sure did..:)

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is it! Finally found the thrower I really need.

-- http://www.pbase.com/bulbmogul/image/163378022 --
163378022.dbBdcjCn_zpsl8porx61.jpg

But for some reason Lemax has not yet replied to my contact email.... and it's been almost 15 minutes. :)

kralikpetr

Newly Enlightened
Hello Steve,
this is Petr (LEMAX) unfortunately all emails I sent to you returned back. Please send email directly - [email protected] and I will reply back.

Thank you very much
Petr

This is it! Finally found the thrower I really need.

But for some reason Lemax has not yet replied to my contact email.... and it's been almost 15 minutes. :)

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Petr,

Thank you for making this effort. I received the text you sent and I have since replied via email.

Btw my comment 'not yet replied' was not serious, just me poking fun at myself.

Hello Steve,
this is Petr (LEMAX) unfortunately all emails I sent to you returned back. Please send email directly - [email protected] and I will reply back.

Thank you very much
Petr

Arild

Newly Enlightened
it Would be fun to see some pictures of it in the night...!

bibihang

Newly Enlightened
Interesting light!

But has anybody measured the candela of this light? The manufacturer claims that it can throw 4.2km, which is translated into 4.4MCP.
Somebody has modded a Sanmak SM5500 (comes with 13" reflector!) with 100W HID system and it has over 3MCP.
13" reflector is much larger than this 8" reflector, and yet this 8" light can produce even higher candela?

Anyway if I have 3000USD I would buy the Maxabeam - 12MCP (3x more candela than this Lemax) in a much smaller and portable package and still left about 1000USD for some really good food for 1 month, instead of spending 3000USD for a huge and heavy light like this which only has 1/3 of the candela output (although much higher lumens output).:grin2:

But still an interesting light and thread, thanks for posting.

Last edited: