Lemax LX70 Superpower HID Light

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife and I are in Sri Lanka for the winter and will not return back home to the States till mid April..We been here since first week of December so that i can pursue my first love and passion of long distance riding on my bicycles in the HEAT and Humidity..:) No beam shots yet but should do one sometime..:)

Hey enjoy, Jerry! I used to be into cycling until I got sidetracked years ago. I'm too fat to ride now. :)

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I (sort of) remember when the last big upgrade project blossomed into the Barn Burner years ago, it was sponsored/designed/developed and produced by XeVision years ago. I still own a copy which works as it did back then, a real champ! The now-famous Barn Burner of yore, spoken in hushed tones in back rooms of Flashaholic meeting sites world-wide to this very day, was "King of the Road" way back then, when I was still combing head vs facial hair!! Those were the days my friends when Pony Express was still the best method of sending "snail mail". The BarnBurner had few (if any) competitors and, while some CPFers were igniting newspaper with their comparatively diminutive modded maglites, those fortunate to have snagged a true to life Barn Burner were soakin' up the rays in the long Winter season, getting stellar tans in front of the beast itself! "Karl" my buddies would say, "when did you get back from Florida?", of course presuming I'd been vacationing down South as a "snowbird"! Well, I didn't want to dissolution them so I'd just smile and briefly remove my Sunglasses. Ha!

Times have changed and, despite the considerable performance in its' day, the Barn Burner can't (forgive me!) "hold a candle" to a number of portable Suns on the market today, most notably the XeVision XeRay XV-LX70 searchlight and its brethren.They represent a VAST step into the future of lighting devices. As we reading this thread all know, the LX70 and, it's big brother, the SuperPower, are among the relatively few lamps today which have eclipsed the performance of the BarnBurner. Just as the BarnBurner was a "souped-up" version of the XeRay Search light so too will the "Ultra" be a tweaked, no holds barred, big brother version of the LX70 and Super. If you have slipped up and failed to read some of the past posts in this thread, Dan (XeRay) has given in to some pressure and spoken of this new proposed light, the "Ultra".

Thanks to Dan, we will very soon (several short months?) have the Ultra available to us! Now, HOW soon is the question. Just as new Ferrari's aren't developed on the basis of one-offs, neither will the Ultra be a single modded light for yours truly. Dan needs a bit of more concrete interest/support expressed right here to make this worthy project a "go". I missed the original BarnBurner project and finally did get one from an old (historical) CPFer, LuxLuthor. "Chuck" was kind enough to part with one of his two at the time...bless his heart! Had he not, I most likely would have had to wait years to find one and, required therapy for having to wait that long!

I'd sure like some of you others reading this thread to realize what can be available to us in the near future--the Ultra which will, as the LX70 has become the "Barn Burner on Steroids", be the LX70 on steroids! Let Dan know your interest and, we will have him signaling us with the "Ultra" all the way from Utah, his home!:eek:

Karl

As follows, the link to the thread you wish to read!

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...uperpower-quot-Ultra-quot-80-or-85-Watt-(TBD)

bulbmogul

Enlightened
Hey enjoy, Jerry! I used to be into cycling until I got sidetracked years ago. I'm too fat to ride now. :)

I cycle over 6000 miles a year in the States my home and DUBAI in the Middle East and Sri Lanka in the winter time. I am 64 years old and still like to spin with the young guys. If you think owning a few lights is a expensive hobby, try cycling..:)

Last edited:

bulbmogul

Enlightened
Beautiful scenery.. and I think 22 mph avg. is impressive. Thanks for sharing! Nice bike too!

Yes the speed is quite good for a 64 year old man..! :) The bike is a Trek Emonda SLR8 with Full Durace and Zipp Disc Wheel Set with ceramic bearings...

king2penn

Enlightened
I'm a dealer for Lemax in Singapore so if anyone wants more pictures or performance data I have a Gen I Maxabeam I can compare it next to =)
The Lemax LX70 Superpower is literally the most powerful production searchlight in the market now

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes the speed is quite good for a 64 year old man..! :) The bike is a Trek Emonda SLR8 with Full Durace and Zipp Disc Wheel Set with ceramic bearings...

One can only imagine in admiration, your other, equally impressive physical attributes...one can only wonder...:thinking:

Karl

Dmitriyrus

Newly Enlightened
I (sort of) remember when the last big upgrade project blossomed into the Barn Burner years ago, it was sponsored/designed/developed and produced by XeVision years ago. I still own a copy which works as it did back then, a real champ! The now-famous Barn Burner of yore, spoken in hushed tones in back rooms of Flashaholic meeting sites world-wide to this very day, was "King of the Road" way back then, when I was still combing head vs facial hair!! Those were the days my friends when Pony Express was still the best method of sending "snail mail". The BarnBurner had few (if any) competitors and, while some CPFers were igniting newspaper with their comparatively diminutive modded maglites, those fortunate to have snagged a true to life Barn Burner were soakin' up the rays in the long Winter season, getting stellar tans in front of the beast itself! "Karl" my buddies would say, "when did you get back from Florida?", of course presuming I'd been vacationing down South as a "snowbird"! Well, I didn't want to dissolution them so I'd just smile and briefly remove my Sunglasses. Ha!

Times have changed and, despite the considerable performance in its' day, the Barn Burner can't (forgive me!) "hold a candle" to a number of portable Suns on the market today, most notably the XeVision XeRay XV-LX70 searchlight and its brethren.They represent a VAST step into the future of lighting devices. As we reading this thread all know, the LX70 and, it's big brother, the SuperPower, are among the relatively few lamps today which have eclipsed the performance of the BarnBurner. Just as the BarnBurner was a "souped-up" version of the XeRay Search light so too will the "Ultra" be a tweaked, no holds barred, big brother version of the LX70 and Super. If you have slipped up and failed to read some of the past posts in this thread, Dan (XeRay) has given in to some pressure and spoken of this new proposed light, the "Ultra".

Thanks to Dan, we will very soon (several short months?) have the Ultra available to us! Now, HOW soon is the question. Just as new Ferrari's aren't developed on the basis of one-offs, neither will the Ultra be a single modded light for yours truly. Dan needs a bit of more concrete interest/support expressed right here to make this worthy project a "go". I missed the original BarnBurner project and finally did get one from an old (historical) CPFer, LuxLuthor. "Chuck" was kind enough to part with one of his two at the time...bless his heart! Had he not, I most likely would have had to wait years to find one and, required therapy for having to wait that long!

I'd sure like some of you others reading this thread to realize what can be available to us in the near future--the Ultra which will, as the LX70 has become the "Barn Burner on Steroids", be the LX70 on steroids! Let Dan know your interest and, we will have him signaling us with the "Ultra" all the way from Utah, his home!:eek:

Karl

As follows, the link to the thread you wish to read!

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...uperpower-quot-Ultra-quot-80-or-85-Watt-(TBD)

I subscribe to every word you say.
I have two!!! BarnBurner.
It's a crazy, wild and amazingly powerful light!
It destroys, even bulldozers, even modern LED lights. Because he is not afraid of overheating. He does not have stepdown.
This is hellish light! Barnburner - it's burning!
DSC_2246.jpg

Last edited:

bulbmogul

Enlightened
I subscribe to every word you say.
I have two!!! BarnBurner.
It's a crazy, wild and amazingly powerful light!
It destroys, even bulldozers, even modern LED lights. Because he is not afraid of overheating. He does not have stepdown.
This is hellish light! Barnburner - it's burning!

Barnburner is somehow related to the Superpower..? Interesting

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
TWO Barn Burners...TWO??!!! Impossible I say, TWO copies of the same light!?:eek: Well, around these parts, not such a rare occurrence quite honestly. I always say ya just never know when the PRIMARY Barn Burner may go POOF, and then what??!! Candles, a bonfire. lightening??!! :thinking: Heck no, the SECONDARY Barn Burner of course! :twothumbs I jest of course...sort of... While I don't have (nor have ever had) TWO Barn Burners, I do have doubles...triples of some lights or at least, variations of the "same" light. :sick2: Congrats on your dual ownership of one of the classics! Thanks to the creativity of XeVision and "Dan" our contact person there, the Barn Burner was born years ago and yours and their brethren continue in faithful in service to this day, amazing all who see their performance.

Now, this leads me right to the subject matter of this thread, the LEMAX Superpower and, it's "brother" the "70" series. I'm sure we will find the same quality upgrade available through Dan at XeVision for the LEMAX lights we may or might own.Check out the thread url below.

Karl

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...head-(new-or-upgrade-from-your-current-light)

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure is bulbmogul. Contact "Dan" at XeVision or, most of the veteran members here in the know and, they can give you a bit of background education on that historical event! Then, you'll have to find one...errr, TWO in your case but, pre-owned, "USED"!! HA!:cool:

Karl

Last edited:

bulbmogul

Enlightened
Sure is bulbmogul. Contact "Dan" at XeVision or, most of the veteran members here in the know and, they can give you a bit of background education on that historical event! Then, you'll have to find one...errr, TWO in your case but, pre-owned, "USED"!! HA!:cool:

Karl

So I am a bit confused as I thought the Superpower I own is made oversea somewhere and the barnburner is made by a company here in the USA..? if that is the case then a BARBBURNER is not related at all to a Superpower LEXMAX LX70 or atleast that is how I see it..

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah yes bulbmogul...or should we all call you "grasshopper":devil:--an affectionate term used in a United States television show some years ago? You'll see, in time, paper diplomas can be bought but education and knowledge in contrast,is earned. It's rather amazing how many have found fine lighting devices objects of art and fail to realize they actually have "on" and "off" switches and go so far beyond just needing an occasional dusting! I guess you'll have to "earn your stripes" as we all do here. Despite your apparent early affiliation on CPF, it's equally apparent some research is in order! You'll find that research in many cases, JUST as exciting as the acquisition! "Try it, you'll like it!"

Anyway, I'd need some clarification of your use of the word "related" in your comparison of the LEMAX 70 to the Barnburner...the discussed topic (see related thread which was started a week or so ago)http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...head-(new-or-upgrade-from-your-current-light) --the modding of the LEMAX70 and Superpower--in the same concept as the Barnburner project of yore and thereby, of the same (possible) heritage. The "world is your oyster" bulbmogul! Put your considerable pocketbook away and seek the available knowledge you desire...possibly on your world-wide vacation jaunts. In time you will find what you seek "grasshopper"---flashlight NIRVANA!!!!:faint:

In short, do some clearly needed research on the forums and I know you'll discover the historical background there.

Karl

Last edited:

bulbmogul

Enlightened
Ah yes bulbmogul...or should we all call you "grasshopper":devil:--an affectionate term used in a United States television show some years ago? You'll see, in time, paper diplomas can be bought but education and knowledge in contrast,is earned. It's rather amazing how many have found fine lighting devices objects of art and fail to realize they actually have "on" and "off" switches and go so far beyond just needing an occasional dusting! I guess you'll have to "earn your stripes" as we all do here. Despite your apparent early affiliation on CPF, it's equally apparent some research is in order! You'll find that research in many cases, JUST as exciting as the acquisition! "Try it, you'll like it!"

Anyway, I'd need some clarification of your use of the word "related" in your comparison of the LEMAX 70 to the Barnburner...the discussed topic (see related thread which was started a week or so ago)http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...head-(new-or-upgrade-from-your-current-light) --the modding of the LEMAX70 and Superpower--in the same concept as the Barnburner project of yore and thereby, of the same (possible) heritage. The "world is your oyster" bulbmogul! Put your considerable pocketbook away and seek the available knowledge you desire...possibly on your world-wide vacation jaunts. In time you will find what you seek "grasshopper"---flashlight NIRVANA!!!!:faint:

In short, do some clearly needed research on the forums and I know you'll discover the historical background there.

Karl

You still are trying to push a certain company to my face when it is quite apparent that even your private message was ignored because of that. How many times in this thread will you continue to try and promote and solicite from within ..? You started your thread on the topic but yet try to include it here as often as possible. Please also note that rather one knows where the on/off switch is or how many of a particular light they may have, it should really be of no concern to you since I am the one footing the bill for what I want..I also highly suggest you not advise me on my pocketbook and what I do with it..Also please refrain from sending private messages to me in the future..

Last edited:

bulbmogul

Enlightened

I think I may have mentioned to you on several occasions we never buy anything used ever..! Only NEW IN BOX with all wrappings etc..No need for me to contact anyone about something i never would have ZERO interest in..But thanks anyways..

Karl

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why jeepers bulbmogul, I do believe I may have offended your ego! So, so sorry! You inquired about the possible correlation of the two lights and, I do believe I gave you some sage advice--search the forums. Now, since you've asked so nicely, "please" not to contact you via PM, I'll be only too happy to oblige! As my mailbox shows, I did send you one PM on 3/23/2018 but, I'd not sent you any others as far as I can tell. I'm presuming you may have found that one offensive as well...might touchy it appears! I just reread it though and I THOUGHT (certainly was my intention!) it was informative. Ah well, best intentions!

I don't believe I have "pushed" any particular product. Now, I will admit I certainly have and do indicate my experiences with the lights I have purchased and, when I believe it may be useful to other members, give direction but, I don't have employ with XeVision rather have a hobby-oriented relationship with them. Bulbmogul, considering you started this thread---within which all were inasmuch invited to participate, I thought the references to Dan and XeVision were appropriate. He and his company are the only business I am aware of who have come forward in regards to possible modification of the very topic here, the LEMAX series of fine lights. Now, I could be wrong and, if I am, I'll sure say so and, become better informed....but, I don't think there are others. I know you, as well as many others "here", INCLUDING myself, collect some of these "big guns" of lighting apparatus. Many of us as well, enjoy the prospect of squeezing out every last lumen, just as would like any of our possessions performing as well as possible. I'll say, thanks for starting this thread since, after I saw it, I've followed it religiously, so to speak. I'd hoped that my creating another thread specific to the possible upgrade of the LEMAX lights might be useful and yet, not stray too far off topic. Referencing that thread provided a segway to more information. That has been accomplished. Lord only knows I wouldn't dare "force" a modification upon you, providing you a better performing light than that which you so dearly love! Providing the mod service reaches fruition, I'm sure you will still maintain comfort in a lesser-performing though still, amazing light!

Now, please don't (see, I'm TRYING to be nice!) mis-identify this as being bragging but, I really have more dang lights than I know what to do with! Quite frankly, I should sell a big bunch of them and use the proceeds to move to Dubai! We could test our powerful lights on that runway where you were piloting your fine bicycle! We could switch off doing beamshots!!!

Anyway, to get to my reference of "on" and "off" switches being somewhat elusive, I'll confess there are some (most ?) of my lights I haven't used in quite some time and anything more complex than a simple switch forces me back here or to an operator's manual to figure 'em out! I'll be honest as well however, I really haven't "dusted" them off though---can't see the dust in the dark doncha know!!? I suspect I'm not (completely) alone on this one.

To conclude, should I have irked you with my tongue-in-cheek humor, so be it! "Please" don't read my posts! You'll feel much better soon...I'm certain of it!

Excuse me, I've got to go, have to check the tire pressure on my Maserati!!

Karl

chartmarker

Newly Enlightened
Yes Karl candlepowerforums are a great resource for information, and Dan is a good source for some of that information. I consider my lights a tool for a task I'm trying to accomplish. Nothing beats having the right tool when you need it. Asking the right questions and getting the correct information has saved me lots of money on lights and I thank the good people here for helping me. PS I'm looking for a good deal on a orange MC12 if you know of one for sale LOL.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Goodness, an ORANGE MC12....I'm going to have to look that one up! :eek: I do believe I may have misplaced it...or was it GREEN.:confused:... I'll go down and check my "stable" but, it's POSSIBLE it's just gathering dust, right next to the '09 Rolls...? Such a bugger getting old...:( If I find it, I'll letcha know...and give you a special deal on it!!:naughty:

Karl