Light Humour - You Know You Are A Flashaholic When ...

jayhackett03

Enlightened
i actually laughed REALLY hard at some of those. dang i was suprised about the overall reality of most of those.

Aluminous

Enlightened
Hilarious thread! :twothumbs

I'm fairly certain that the ~0.099394 terabytes value is almost a gigabyte.
I've got a clarification here... it is actually about 100 gigabytes. :candle:

1.000 terabyte = 1,024 gigabytes = 1,048,576 megabytes
0.100 terabytes = 102.4 gigabytes = 104,857.6 megabytes
0.010 terabytes = 10.24 gigabytes = 10,485.76 megabytes
0.001 terabytes = 1.024 gigabytes = 1,048.576 megabytes

The next time you're wondering what some number converts to in different units, Google's automatic calculator/conversion function can tell you the answer with complete certainty: Just go to http://www.google.com/ and type 0.099394 terabytes to gigabytes in the search field. Google Calculator replies, "0.099394 terabytes = 101.779456 gigabytes". :)

loving light

Newly Enlightened
I sometimes wish the mail would be delivered at night,so I could go and play with the new light outside in the dark right away.More people are at home in the evening aren't they?I am trying to justify my thinking.:sick:

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought about that too ... but I think it's kinda nice to get it during the daytime ... it's like the anticipation for christmas. Plus, during the day, it gives you time to charge up the rechargable batteries, read the manual (part of the fun), analyze and admire the work on the flashlight (or complain), post up on CPF so others could drool over it while you're going :nana:

loving light

Newly Enlightened
When I was a kid at Christmas,I was one of those that did not read the manual till something went wrong,and the antisipation you speak of is in the delivery time and don't get me started on batteries I have them already charged and waiting(always topped off in anticipation off needing them):nana:

russthetoolman

Enlightened
Thanks!!
I am published now!!
BTW, mine is true for me.....I really bought a new bike after building my headlights. I feel much safer riding at night than during the day. oncoming traffic slows way down when approaching, I like it!!!
Russ

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
The one about wearing a light in the shower is true for me. I've tested my UK Vizion by wearing it while taking a shower,room lights off. Quite fun. Still worked just like new after I got out and dried off.

jerry i h

Enlightened
…you buy a flashlight so you won't have to use it

…night time never seems to come fast enough

…you buy a flashlight because you have some extra batteries sitting around doing nothing

…you carry a back-up flashlight too help you change the batteries in your regular flashlight

tygger

Enlightened
When planning a trip/vacation the first thing you think about is which lights to bring.

And that excites you more than the trip. :whistle:

You have "loaner lights."

You have older lights you'd like to give away to make room for new purchases but can't because the UI or battery requirements are just too complex and "they'd never get it."

Someone has said to you more than once, "whats that light in your pocket?" (accidental turn-on)

maxa beam

Banned
When someone asks for a "light" and you pull out a flashlight.

When the UPS delivery-person finally asks you what the eleven packages you've been delivered are and you're not ashamed to tell him it's flashlights, flashlight parts, and batteries.

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
when you buy a HID and not care that it takes an additional week to get the charger, just as long as you have the light in your possession....dangit:mecry:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
When you snatch a Leef body off of Lighthound, and then relax a bit.... knowing you have plenty of time to find an appropriate tailcap and head for your Leef body.

Fizz753

Newly Enlightened
Its not much but my latest flashaholic moment was when I was playing a few rounds of the game Counter-Strike source. Turned on the flashlight in game and the first thing that popped into mind was ...
"Wow this beam is bad, this guy needs aMalkoff or something... Then I got shot :eek:" :crackup:

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
...when reading posts on CPF before bed makes you stay up for hours then makes you feel satisfied enough to finally go to sleep.

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
man, you have it bad then dont you? lol after i went to bed last night after writing that i woke up a bit later and wanted to look online again but kept myself from doing it. there is something different about us....:shrug: