Rear click switch
3 inch maximum length
Single brightness of around 10 lumens so I can get around 4 hours of use
Hole for keyring

Thank you

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Looking for recomendation

This one's easy - a Streamlight Microstream. It also has a two-way clip so one can clip it into a pocket or onto the brim of a hat. I have carried one as my EDC for years, and it still works fine. I believe the current stated run time is 2.5 hrs, but that is with an alkaline cell. If one uses a lithium primary that doubles.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Also consider the DQG AAA clicky. SS and 3 mode. Always starts on low. Available with a neutral tint, if that is a consideration for you.

The Pelican 1910 may be too big for you. 2 modes.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast

This one's easy - a Streamlight Microstream. It also has a two-way clip so one can clip it into a pocket or onto the brim of a hat. I have carried one as my EDC for years, and it still works fine. I believe the current stated run time is 2.5 hrs, but that is with an alkaline cell. If one uses a lithium primary that doubles.

This is a great recommendation, but just an FYI for solarmaze, it does not have a hole for a keyring. If that's not a deal breaker then it would make a great light!

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is a great recommendation, but just an FYI for solarmaze, it does not have a hole for a keyring. If that's not a deal breaker then it would make a great light!
Actually, it does. There is a small spot on the clip designed to take on O-ring or a lanyard. For a keyring, a small O-ring in the clip to fasten on to the key ring.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast

Actually, it does. There is a small spot on the clip designed to take on O-ring or a lanyard. For a keyring, a small O-ring in the clip to fasten on to the key ring.

Apologies - I was looking at the body, not the clip.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too have been looking for a single AAA clicky, but wanting more punch; 10440 compatibility. The Streamlight AAA's are made in China. So I started looking around to the Far East.

Tinywind has a TrustFire Z-10 that is heavy as all get out. Golden covered (flaws in the coverage) with a very protected switch. Last mode memory works fine, but in order to get from, say, low to high, you have to go through some silly blinky modes. Very firm clip that presses the body where a deep lateral groove has a tendency to get mean on pocket fabric (But I actually like the security and just lift the clip while removing it for use. Kind of a throwy, somewhat cool beam. This makes it about 4 inches long. Decent.

The DQG Slim AAA that I received from CNQualitygoods is stainless steel, with classic knurling of good quality. There is no clip and the small split ring attachment works well. Less than 3 inches long, it has two modes that alternate each time the curious, clickless, recessed switch is actuated. (When on, a half press will change modes). If you turned it off on high, it will come on low next time. The model I ordered has a warm tint and have to say, as much as I respect this light, the switch pressing needs to be right, in order to always get what you want.

Now the LUMINTOP Tool (from LUMINTOP through Amazon). Take a look at selfbuilt's review. The black anodized aluminum is lightweight with a much more prominent switch, plenty firm and I trust that it is unlikely to inadvertently activate. The firm clip has the (less desirable to me) spring tension attachment and there is a way to attach a lanyard as well. It always comes on medium mode, with half presses to go to low, then high. It is not officially built to take 10440's but I asked if it could on Amazon. LUMINTOP said the driver was not designed for it and may fail, but it can be done. It does, and it is bright, with a much larger (Cool side of neutral) hotspot than the cool tint TrustFire Z-10. The spill has some red/violet tinge on the periphery but it throws almost as far as the Z-10 and the ZebraLight SC62d. I also liked the packaging and extra touch LUMINTOP provided.

Last edited:

Latest posts