Looking for a 2x AA All Around Flood/Beam Light Under $75 Help Please!

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
So the Quark Pro QP2A-X is the latest 2xAA from foursevens? Is this the model that everyone is referring to?

yes that's it that's the new cryptic model numbers after the 4sevens-to-foursevens rebranding. flashlights are otherwise exactly the same except for different markings

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Foursevens also has the XP-G2 in some of their lights now, so those might be the newest in terms of date.

lightblue

Newly Enlightened
I ordered the Quark QP2A-X. I've don't tons of research and watched even more YouTube videos on all the 2xAA lights out right now. Settled on the Quark because of its versatility. One question I have though regarding battery's? This is a whole other can of worms for me as now this is what I'm researching. I'm looking for good quality batterys. I ordered 8x Eneloops & charger, but wanted to know if I could also use Li-Ion battery's as well? I've read that in some lights you can and in some others it will ruin them? If it can utilize a Li-ion battery, what's a good recommendation? Is the Tenergy brand solid?

Thank you again for all your input guys, I in no way ever imagined I would get sucked in to this world of LED flashlights. I couldn't help it though, they are so freakin awesome! Lol.

Im heading to the in-laws ranch this weekend. Schedule delivery of Friday for my Quark. Can't wait to get out there and put this light to work!

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered the Quark QP2A-X. I've don't tons of research and watched even more YouTube videos on all the 2xAA lights out right now. Settled on the Quark because of its versatility. One question I have though regarding battery's? This is a whole other can of worms for me as now this is what I'm researching. I'm looking for good quality batterys. I ordered 8x Eneloops & charger, but wanted to know if I could also use Li-Ion battery's as well? I've read that in some lights you can and in some others it will ruin them? If it can utilize a Li-ion battery, what's a good recommendation? Is the Tenergy brand solid?

Thank you again for all your input guys, I in no way ever imagined I would get sucked in to this world of LED flashlights. I couldn't help it though, they are so freakin awesome! Lol.

Im heading to the in-laws ranch this weekend. Schedule delivery of Friday for my Quark. Can't wait to get out there and put this light to work!

QP2A-X has a voltage range of 0.9 to 4.2 volts which means you can use ONLY ONE lithium ion. two will fry it. so to reiterate get the single-AA body, and the deep carry clip. i got my Eagletac 14500 from goinggear they work very well.

use two-AA for the ranch. use the single-14500 for carry. and use the spare body w/ the included endcaps to hold spares. perfect!

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another +1 on Overclocker's post. AW protected cells are supposed to be the best, but I notice no difference with my Eagletacs which are cheaper. I highly recommend Cottonpicker's Worlds Smallest USB chargers for Li-ions though, highly portable and they include voltmeters which are required for safe Li-ion use, you order directly from him in the marketplace forum, or EDCForums.com store, where they are stocked in the US. Read up on the safety precautions for Li-ions, they can be fire-starting dangerous if mishandled.... CPF battery sub forum.

Hope you enjoy the light.