Looking for a 4AA flashlight

carnage

Enlightened
With the Thrunite greenish tint, you only notice it on white walls. When your using it for whatever, you don't really notice it.

Thanks for the reply!

SoCalTiger

Newly Enlightened
^ Yeah, that has been my personal experience. I don't usually notice green-shift unless I am specifically looking for it or comparing it to other light sources. I can detect it with my measurements but in real life it has been a non-factor to me so far.

dmattaponi

Enlightened
On my neutral white.Thrunites I do not notice a greenish tint except for maybe the lowest setting and only then in direct comparison to the tints of the med and high.settings. if I start on low without comparing.on a white wall, the low setting doesn't appear greenish either.

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
I don't believe the Fenix E41 has a neutral model and I don't know if its still in stock anywhere.

Some others to consider that I can think of... Nitecore EA41; Fenix E41; Sunwayman D40A, F40A; Eagletac GX25A3.... :wave:

Last edited:

carnage

Enlightened
I don't believe the Fenix E41 has a neutral model and I don't know if its still in stock anywhere.

Some others to consider that I can think of... Nitecore EA41; Fenix E41; Sunwayman D40A, F40A; Eagletac GX25A3.... :wave:

The Fenix was at a local store that had one remaining but sold now.
My choices now is the TN4A OR EA41. Is Nitecore flashlight durable and reliable?

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the Nitecore a better flashlight than the Thrunite?

Thrunite usually seems to be a bit lower cost. One would hope that for the extra money, Nitecore provides a bit better build quality, but it's hard to say. I think Nitecore had a few quality issues several years ago but fixed them.

I'd say they're probably close enough you should look at factors like mode spacing, interface, whether one looks like it might be more comfortable in the hand to you, etc, and base your decision on that.

bwalker

Newly Enlightened
I have both Nitecore and Thrunite lights and find them to be fairly comparable in build quality. For the record, when I decided on a 4 x AA light I went with the Thrunite TN4A. I was swayed by its beam profile and the fact I was able to get it on sale.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have several Nitecore 4AA lights: The EA4, EA4W, EA41, and EA45S. They are all nice in their own way. The first three are all in a regular round form factor, small enough to fit into the center of a toilet paper tube. The EA4s use the camera shutter style switch, while the EA45S uses the newer separate power and mode switches. I like the EA45S for its flat shape that fits into the hand a little better than the others, and is a little more comfortable on a belt.
I believe Nitecore has other 4AA cell lights in the MT line, but I am not familiar with them at all.

carnage

Enlightened
I have several Nitecore 4AA lights: The EA4, EA4W, EA41, and EA45S. They are all nice in their own way. The first three are all in a regular round form factor, small enough to fit into the center of a toilet paper tube. The EA4s use the camera shutter style switch, while the EA45S uses the newer separate power and mode switches. I like the EA45S for its flat shape that fits into the hand a little better than the others, and is a little more comfortable on a belt.
I believe Nitecore has other 4AA cell lights in the MT line, but I am not familiar with them at all.

Do you know what's the difference between the EA41 and the EA41W?

sbslider

Enlightened
Another TN4A fan here. I can not compare it to the other ones in your care list though. I got mine for $40 when Thrunite had a 20% off sale in July. I have 3 Thrunite lights, and have ended up discussing real or perceived issues with all three. I dropped my Archer 1AV3 a couple times and it became intermittent. They sent me a new one for the cost of me shipping back the old one. I don't recall exactly what my perceived issue was on the Ti3, but it is a great light also, my choice for backpacking. And my TN4A somehow ended up with a deformed spring in the battery holder, I had a replacement within 3 days, no charge. Thrunite's customer service is top notch, they respond to my email requests within a day 95% of the time. Some of those requests have been about specific light usage, light recommendations, and other non service type questions.

carnage

Enlightened
Thanks for the reply!

I was looking at the TN4A but the greenish tint. I like to see what else there is in the 4 AA flashlight category. I know Manker has the brightest in the 4 AA category.