Looking for a AAA Clickie

adnj

Enlightened
I have a bunch of lights but lately recently I resurrected my stash of Microstream single AAA lights. I remember why I stopped using them now.

What I really want is a scaled down Quark with the tactical interface and AAA/10440 power. I had a LF2XT but did not like the electronic switch.

Is there something out there?

- forward clickie
- two levels (about 5 lumens & more than 100 lumens)
- AAA (10440 would be great too)
- hard anodized/stainless
- less than $45 because I want three of them.
- no electronic mode memory (I want to know what mode it is in before I turn it on)
Anyone know what is out there or what is on the way?

Sent using Tapatalk

Last edited:

moldyoldy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a bunch of lights but lately recently I resurrected my stash of Microstream single AAA lights. I remember why I stopped using them now.

What I really want is a scaled down Quark with the tactical interface and AAA/10400 power. I had a LF2XT but did not like the electronic switch.

Is there something out there?

- forward clickie
- two levels (about 5 lumens & more than 100 lumens)
- AAA (10400 would be great too)
- hard anodized/stainless
- less than $45 because I want three of them.
- no electronic mode memory (I want to know what mode it is in before I turn it on)
Anyone know what is out there or what is on the way?

Sent using Tapatalk

How about the 4Sevens Preon? The Preon 1xAAA is normally sold w/o the clicky, but the Preon clicky tailcap n be ordered as an accessory for $11. Scroll down the link to see the Preon clicky tailcap colors.

My personal preference is to not have a clicky on a light as short as the 1xAAA Preon. The 2xAAA Preons are OK with a clicky tailcap.

adnj

Enlightened
I thought that the Preon had a "rubbery" coating. I'll take a look!

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
AAA clickies are not that common. Preon is nice - not rubbery. Lumentop tool is also nice. 2 mode and regulated. Pelican 1910 is very solid. Streamlight microstream is also a good single mode.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on either the Streamlight Stylus Pro or the Streamlight Microstream. Sadly I lost my Microstream AND my precious original Fenix LD20 shooting a wedding. Sniff.

I think I'd get a Stylus Pro myself as I've heard they brought it up to about 40-50 lumens in the newest version. I like that they are single mode lights. For some reason that is becoming a rarity lol.

samgab

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trouble is, the Preon clicky isn't a forward clicky, it's a reverse. But it's not really a rubbery coating, it's Type-III hard-anodized aircraft-grade aluminum, but it's got a kind of bead blasted or similar finish which makes it seem to have a sort of soft touch/satin feel. But it's pretty durable. It pretty much meets the rest of your requirements though.

adnj

Enlightened
I had Fenix lights back when they first came out and just never liked the reverse clickie mode change. All of my lights are forward clickie or twist. I would have even tried the 47s Quark in AA but it is about the same size as the ones that I have in 2xCR123.

Sent using Tapatalk

Mgizler

Enlightened
I have one of those sng lights. I can't remember the exact name. It's an aaa light, all brushed with a Clicky switch on one end. I will try and find the exact name

njet212

Enlightened
Take a look on Inova XS ( reviewed here in Bahasa Indonesia ) and Lumapower LM21( but it's 3 modes ).

Inova XS does not really clicky light but you can do momentary and you have to twist the light to get constant on, it has no memory at always start at high mode
LM21 has real clicky forward switch, it's also has no memory feature and it's always start at low mode.

Both lights could take 10440, but on Innova XS you will loose low mode if 10440 is use.

Link removed as per the banner at the top of the page
Why has my link been removed? - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

adnj

Enlightened
I think that the new Lumapower LM21 is the best answer for me. I'll have to slug through 3 modes but it looks like an improvement over the Lumapower Avenger.

adnj

Enlightened
I want to be able to use LiIon batteries. The LM21 supports them - not sure about the Tool. But the Tool is much less expensive. That third level is about 280 lumens OTF on a 10440 with the LM21.

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of those sng lights. I can't remember the exact name. It's an aaa light, all brushed with a Clicky switch on one end. I will try and find the exact name

Are you by chance referring to the CQG S1 from CN Quality Goods? That one looked interesting to me, so I ordered one. Of course, I have been waiting a LONG time for it to come (as usual). But I should be getting it tomorrow. In any case, it looked like a REALLY good light to me. I wanted not only a clicky, but a stainless steel light so that it wouldn't look beat up after just a few days as a keychain light (like an anodized aluminum light does). Since AAA clickies seem to be rare and this light seems interesting (at least at first glance), maybe I can say a word or two about it once I get it and try it out.

Last edited:

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
My cqg lasted one hour. The light was poorly made. Press fitted pill. The reflector and lense was ratteling (bad press fit). The light died after one drop to the floor... the light looks good, but crap...

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
My cqg lasted one hour. The light was poorly made. Press fitted pill. The reflector and lense was ratteling (bad press fit). The light died after one drop to the floor... the light looks good, but crap...

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

Sounds like I may not have made a good purchase. We'll see whether I end up with a better copy. In any case, it's a shame. I REALLY like the styling of that light.

Trevilux

Enlightened
I love my LUMAPOWER LM21 with XP-G2

bykPERI.jpg

A1uo1He.jpg

ibVCiHx.jpg

5QVvAjQ.jpg

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
I love my LUMAPOWER LM21 with XP-G2

Thank you for the data !

So with an eneloop on high mode it achieves 82 lumens for approximately 45 minutes ? That a performance very similar to the Olight i3s and the Sunwayman R02A (link) (from this review). I am impressed by the steady regulation on high on an eneloop.

The beamshot also looks very impressive with a bright spill !

- So this LM21 with XPG2 has a forward clicky ?
- Did your clicky malfunction like the other customer's clicky like I reported in my previous post ?
- is the sequence low -> med -> high or high -> med -> low ?
- have you been able to see any PWM ?

Last edited:

Trevilux

Enlightened
Hi MojaveMoon07

-Slight push of switch turns light on (first low, for fix mode push switch all the way)
-Secuence Low- Mid -High -Low -Mid ..... No memory
-My LM21 at the moment no malfunction clicky.
-I'm not sensitive to PMW, although low and medium mode emits a low beep (only heard in silence).

Runtime Eneloop High:

929IrUs.jpg

Last edited: