Looking for a resonably priced HID spotlight with long battery life

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys,

I figured this would belong here rather than in the HID sub forum. What i'm looking for is an HID spotlight that has decent battery life. I'm willing to consider anything up to the size of the old Costo 35w HID. Something with a big SLA cell or something else that will have a good runtime on it. And by good I mean an hour plus. I don't want to spend over $100 if i can avoid it.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
What have you looked at so far?

Increase your budget to about $200 and you could get a Xeccon 7W HID. Usually sold on ebay as 7W HID.

Showmethelight

Newly Enlightened
The Ryobi 18-Volt One Plus Xenon Spotlight that runs off their power tool line batteries is pretty great bang for the buck at $39 from homedepot, maybe not a great value if you dont have the tool line and need to buy the battery and charger (+$60 for the 18V lithium and charger) or maybe it will lead you down a rabbit hole of buying a bunch of tools haha. either way figured i'd mention it as not much has been put here.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
the Ryobi might be a possibility. Looks like there are optional NiCad and LiON battery packs. Will do some research on that.

Floppy, I've not done a whole lot of investigating on the subject as of late. Which is why I was looking for suggestions. as far as the Xeccon that looks more like a standard handheld torch and i'm looking for more of a large reflector spotlight with monster throw. As I said i've got 5 acres to cover here and I want to hit all the way to the tree line from the back porch.

Last edited:

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'm looking for more of a large reflector spotlight with monster throw. As I said i've got 5 acres to cover here and I want to hit all the way to the tree line from the back porch.

Well, I also have one of those. Not sure what the brand is but it is 55W HID with 9inch reflector. Bought it from an auto store for about 50 bucks and was sold as off-road spotlight. It is powered from the cigarette socket from the car so it does need some thinking about the portable power source.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I also have one of those. Not sure what the brand is but it is 55W HID with 9inch reflector. Bought it from an auto store for about 50 bucks and was sold as off-road spotlight. It is powered from the cigarette socket from the car so it does need some thinking about the portable power source.

Well the buy in cost is certainly good. Would have to see what kind of power source I could come up with. Basically i'd just need a 12v SLA battery of whatever size I wanted with an adapter to plug in the socket.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Basically i'd just need a 12v SLA battery of whatever size I wanted with an adapter to plug in the socket.

Like this?

www(dot) batterychoice.com.au/battery-choice/industrial-batteries/bcb127-sealed-lead-acid-battery-carry-bag-for-12v-7ah-and-6v-12ah-sla-batteries