looking for AA light max 40 dollar

PerttiK

Enlightened
I would still suggest Jetbeam BA20.
Very easy to use and the low mode has enough light for most needs with full day of runtime.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
took me some time to find a shop where they have the EagleTac P100A2 but apparently they have it at amazon.
so my new list is :
1 - iTP SA2 XP-G R5
2 - 4Sevens Qark mini AA² XP-G R5 (regular)
3 - EagleTac P100A2 Q5
4 - Klarus P2A XP-G R5

now i only need to find out the difference between R5 and Q5 and try to make a final decision.
and i know it's unlogic but eagletac gets bonus points for having eagle in the name

Stay away from the Q5. This is my opinion of course. I've only had one light with the Q5. It was the iTP C8T. Too blue and too narrow (hot spot) of a beam. I like the XP-G R5 a lot more.

I'll agree with the others on the iTP SA2 XP-G R5. I did find a deal a few months ago for $29.00 and gave all my kids one. The thing that is so cool with this light is the button where you change modes. I personally think that is way cool and easier to deal with than twisting the head on and off. Plus it has the infinite variable feature. And so far I have not seen any efficiency drop off as a result. See my run time graphs of this light. It's got a very well regulated circuit.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?325645-Is-Olight-a-good-brand/page2

The iTP might look different and my son calls it "the grenade". I'm not that familiar with the other lights you mentioned but I have to agree with a prior poster that I've usually regretted spending too much on a light and also on spending not enough. You usually get what you pay for, but if you want to have a light to use where if it drops and gets scratched its not the end of the world.

The iTP's sister light, the Olight T25 has a slight orange peel (OP) reflector vs the smooth reflector on the iTP SA2. Thus the SA2 has just a slightly hotter center spot and the Olight has a smoother transition between spot and flood. The Q5 on the iTP C8T had an even tighter hot spot. I like the Olight T25 beam pattern actually better for my taste but the iTP SA2 has better spacing on low-med-hi plus it's usually a little cheaper and besides it's made by Olight too.

Danjojo

Newly Enlightened
I would still suggest Jetbeam BA20.
Very easy to use and the low mode has enough light for most needs with full day of runtime.

Agree with this - looks like it has the best balance of high output and runtimes, even compared to more expensive AA lights.

Going by selfbuilt's test data it's about 230-255 lumens for 1.5hrs with Eneloop or 2.5hrs on Energizer lithium.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?321913 Can compare some numbers and graphs with Eagletac's p20a2 brother and quark mini aa2

eagles079

Newly Enlightened
its getting really hard to choise.
they all use the same LED , cost about the same , look almost the same , ...
the only difference i see is the max lumen , runtime and amount of modes.
they are gonnq be used by a woman that also likes to cache and sometimes want to go look at a newly published cache.
so it's not meant to run all night. it's just meant to give out enough light for a decent amount of time (+1 hour) and have normal battery's
and since every light seems to have 2 or 3 people like it i have the feeling that the end result will be about the same no matter what light i pick.
thats why i trimmed down the list to 2 lights
1 - iTP SA2 ( seems the best controles )
2 - 4Sevens Qark mini AA² ( seems to have the most likes )

i didn't find a XP-G R5 from eagletac thats why i left them out

thanks for all the help so far

kreisler

Banned

eagles079

Newly Enlightened
thanks i didn't know the BatteryJunction website.
and for some reason that link doesn't work for me it says i don't have enough permission to see it

Groundhog

Newly Enlightened
thanks i didn't know the BatteryJunction website.
and for some reason that link doesn't work for me it says i don't have enough permission to see it

They want you to sign up with CPF Marketplace forums to view that stuff.

The code is 'CPF2009'. Hope that don't violate rules. If so - look quick!

Groundhog

Newly Enlightened
Deleted suggestion of CPF Marketplace for a light since it will be a gift.

Deleted link to a nice Fenix TK20 that was in the process of being sold apparently.

Last edited:

eagles079

Newly Enlightened
i understand that they want me to sign up there but it's hard to post 2 or 3 useful posts there.
at the moment i'm keeping an eye in the 4Sevens blitz and if there isn't anything good by Sunday i'm getting the iTP.

neverGUP

Newly Enlightened
4sevens Quark X aa2 Tactical for $44,44 with coupon cpf8 on 4sevens BF Blitz!

It's a bargain.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
4sevens Quark X aa2 Tactical for $44,44 with coupon cpf8 on 4sevens BF Blitz!

It's a bargain.

I picked one up. I don't have an XM-L light yet and so anxious to try out. I understand the XM-L is more floody than the R5 and that is the kind of beam pattern I like. I never did like the Q5 and from what others have said the S2 has had a slight greenish tint so looking forward to the XM-L. Also I don't care for all those modes and like the fact that you can pick which 2 modes you want to program in.

Sometimes you just have to buy them to really see what you have and then sell the ones you're not interested in. When getting them on sale, you don't lose as much if you decide to sell later. I will do a run time comparison graph with the iTP SA2 and Olight T25 when it comes.

eagles079

Newly Enlightened
@neverGUP : i've seen that one yes and i've been thinking about it.
and if it was a regular i would have taken it.
I'm just not sure about the controls and the programming all the settings from the tactical version

fnsooner

Enlightened
@neverGUP : i've seen that one yes and i've been thinking about it.
and if it was a regular i would have taken it.
I'm just not sure about the controls and the programming all the settings from the tactical version

Programming is a breeze. It just depends if you can live with only being able to access two modes. Unless you re-program it. It is a nice light for the money.

neverGUP

Newly Enlightened
It's on you. I prefer the tactical version.
But maybe the next one on BF Blitz is the AA2 regular version? :)

eagles079

Newly Enlightened
iTP SA2 XP-G R5 is ordered from batery junkies.
thanks everyone for the help

kreisler

Banned
excellent choice, the iTP. Congrats. (it's still being produced but discontinued from the manufacturer's website olightworldDOTcom)
also sweet you ordering from US-distributor.

usually i take the Asian route ;)