Looking for EDC Ideas

Leithan

Newly Enlightened
I have until recently just been a user and not a collecter and I never really did much research beyond what I read on the backs of the pacages at the store. I read a review of the MBI HF, and that's kind of the direction I'm looking to head in. I currently carry a an Inforce 6VX, a great flashlight but it plus a folder in my pocket is a little rough on the hands when digging around for keys and change. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I EDC either a Sunwayman V11R, M11R, ShiningBeam I-Mini, L3 Illuminations L10, Olight i3S, or even my current 'favorite little child'--an EagleTac D25C Ti clicky.

I have bigger lights, but I carry a cell phone, SAK SwissChamp, Seecamp .32, wallet, pack of gum, keys and a wallet, so I'm bogged down as it is, lol.

For most of my needs over the past 2.5 years, I'm good with the smaller CR123/16340 lights, so that's the way I roll.

Chris

Leithan

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the suggestions, its not so much with the length but the girth, mostly I think Im looking for something skinny, no knurling. A pocket clip would be a plus!

Leithan

Newly Enlightened
How aggressive is the knurling on the Eagletac 25C? I'm worried about the knurling tearing up the back of my hand when I reach into my pocket.

weez82

Enlightened
What do you use the light for most of the time? I find a small key chain light is perfect for edc, for my use. I used to carry a single AA light clipped inside my pocket but it was overkill for my uses. Maybe something like a small AAA light will work for you? Lots of good ones out there from Fenix, FourSevens, Olight and more

chance91

Newly Enlightened
I EDC either a Sunwayman V11R, M11R, ShiningBeam I-Mini, L3 Illuminations L10, Olight i3S, or even my current 'favorite little child'--an EagleTac D25C Ti clicky.

I have bigger lights, but I carry a cell phone, SAK SwissChamp, Seecamp .32, wallet, pack of gum, keys and a wallet, so I'm bogged down as it is, lol.

For most of my needs over the past 2.5 years, I'm good with the smaller CR123/16340 lights, so that's the way I roll.

Chris

Eagletac d25lc2 would be my vote. 18650s and great output. I like this size because all my coveralls have a carpenter pocket on the right leg which this fits perfectly. I buy shorts and jeans/kahkis with a carpenter or cargo pocket often enough that this is a perfect size. Really, at work its awesome with that perfectly flashlight sized pant pocket.

Leithan

Newly Enlightened
I don't have a specific purpose in mind for the flashlight. I currently own a SF 6PX pro, A SF E2L and the aforementioned Inforce. The SFs are great lights but just a bit big to pocket carry and I'd prefer not to use a pouch. The inforce is nice but I catch the back of my hand on it's bezel when reaching into my pocket and it's just too long/awkward to carry un clipped in my pocket. Funny enough, car keys are the one thing I don't EDC; I'm fortunate to live close enough to work to walk. My work hours have me walking to and fro work during hours of darkness. A few days back I had a rattle snake go off near me. In the dark everything looked like a snake and I couldn't immediately identify the snake using my cellphone flashlight. I couldn't figure out which way to run! I guess what I'm saying is I just need a light that will live happy in my pocket clipped next to my knife, not tear up my hand when I'm fishing around for a Chapstick and put out enough light to do everything from spotting a rattlesnake in the dark to helping to locate my son's Lego man head that's rolled under the fridge. It took me years to settle on a knife that fit all of "my" criteria to be an EDC. I know I'll have to do a lot of trial and fit on my own till I can find the "one". I'm just not really familiar with the flashlight world, so I figured who better to have have some helpful suggestions then a bunch of flashlight nuts. All of your suggestions have been a big help in pushing me in the right direction. I have a lot of research to do but now at least I know what direction to go in.

Last edited:

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does it have to be a click switch, or are you open to a twisty? I've carried a FourSevens Mini123 in my pocket for the last 2+ years, and I barely notice it is there. If you want something with no knurling and a pocket clip, you could check out a Surefire E1B.

ven

Flashaholic
For small smooth edc lights..................well i also edc several(not at same time though :laughing: ) I edc a d25cvn and a v11r just like mr chris but for a smooth simple ui look at thrunites t10 series,i have them all but the t10t makes a good option being a little lighter (ti) over the t10s(stainless). Options of removing the clip if prefered for even smoother pocket fit. I changed my clips with thanks to whelms recommendation on the nitecore clip

Few pics time
3 mode t10t with longer clip fitted

Can run on aa or 14500 even though it states supported to 3.0v.Keeps moon mode,but medium is like high and high very bright. Come in nw or cw flavours to suit tint preferences.

d25a /t10(ally)/t10t for sizes

The stainless t10s is very good for wear against coins n keys,great metal for hard wear and that always new look,this with longer clip fitted too

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Super small. Just got a 4sevens prion ss I'm pretty surprised with.

V11rvn is an amazing little light. Edc on for a good while till it looked 100 years old. Still runs like new.

Like ven said d25cvn, very good size, tons of light. Great one IMO.

Jetbeam tcr10 /tcr2. Beautiful, functional, durable. Win win win.

BIG bucks category.

Mcgizmo haiku. Great light. Gorgeous. I believe if the best out there.

Tain flute. Small, functional, beautiful. Tasteful to the max.

Tain Nova. Good size, beautiful, functional. Another great in the edc class. (yes I'm bias right now ;) )

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Yes for smaller as on car keys i either have a fenix e05ss or dqg spy for ulta compact
dqg spy/dgq aaa/e05ss(aaa)

All great key lights imo

Leithan

Newly Enlightened
I'm thinking of maybe giving the Sunwayman M11R ti dream a shot, small, pocket clip and no knurling. Not to mention pretty damn sexy!

ettercap

Newly Enlightened
I carry a peak eiger with mule head on my keys. Perfect for 99% of things.

ven

Flashaholic
I'm thinking of maybe giving the Sunwayman M11R ti dream a shot, small, pocket clip and no knurling. Not to mention pretty damn sexy!

Its a very nice light,the only off putting thing for me is the UI just dont like it,would be much better with infinite control imho like the v11r

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
How aggressive is the knurling on the Eagletac 25C? I'm worried about the knurling tearing up the back of my hand when I reach into my pocket.

Never laughed so much in my life,you really are not asking the question are you.It would not bother a 2 year old let alone an adult.:rolleyes: Knurling is more an anti slip pattern than something aggresive to cause you injury.

Bob Damon

Enlightened
Since you are walking, a wide beam like a Armytek wizard or Tiara headlight might work. The Tiara is small, uses a RCR123, and has a great pocket clip. I work in a city with a mile walk to the train, and have used the Tiara and a Olight S10 for lighting dark areas. Both fit easily in my pocket and don't beat up my hands. I have carried some 18650 size lights, but always in a belt holster.