Looking for new every day carry light, has to be two AAA sized with a tail cap

FAAbUlights

Newly Enlightened
I began using the Terralux Lightstar 80 high CRI 2aaa light many years ago as an aircraft mechanic. I am now running an automotive shop and have seen and used many lights over the years. By far the Terralux has been the best light I have ever seen in these types of environments. It is a single mode rear clicky with a very good but removable pocket clip. These lights are less than $20 and currently are on sale at Battery Junction for 20% off. I HIGHLY suggest you check them out. Not to mention they have a lifetime warranty that they do stand by. Only ever needed to use it once and they just sent me a new tail cap for free to resolve the issue. Awesome for such a cheap light.

wolfman211

Newly Enlightened
+1 for the Protac 2AAA. I carried one daily for 4 years till it slid off the top of my safe and fell flat on the tile. I had dropped it countess times on tile and concrete before it finally bit the dust. Couldnt tell you how many beer bottles ive popped open over the years but im not a slim guy.

tokaji

Newly Enlightened
After my Protac 2AAA broke into two pieces (because of dropping it countless times) during the daily maintenance work, I bought a 1920. The batteries are rattling like hell in the 1920, but it served me well for a while ago. It seems the rattling batteries developed a contact problem, sometimes I have to tap hardly to switch this light on. A few weeks ago I bought a Fenix LD05 v2.0, I also use it for maintenance work daily and collecting experiences with it. I have to say, I miss my Protac, however flimsy it was.

Here is my Protac. It failed just below the head.
HCNW2Mp.jpg

HCNW2Mp.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts