Looking for small, pocketable and disorienting strobe light

Protaeus

Enlightened
Hey guys,
Im just looking for a small strobe light which is fairly bright and disorienting - just something to muck around with really. I've looked at the Jil intelli and that looks appealing. Can anyone suggest anything else that would give disorienting strobe and be pocketable?

Thanks!

RadarGreg

Enlightened
If you already have a Surefire 6P or equivalent, you can get a tailswitch from www.gp-web.com. It is a strobe switch than flashes with either a fast or slightly slower strobe, and can lock the light on as well. I bought mine off of Ebay and it was about $15. I've tried it with the Kroma and E2E (it doesn't screw down, but you can still activate the button) and it flashed pretty well. Enought to disorient someone (or yourself, hehe).

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess the Jetbeam Jet-I MkII would be another choice with its new strobe feature. It is almost a little TOO fast though; IMHO. I believe the Gladius strobe is effective because it is actually scientifically researched to get the correct rate.

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Jil Intelli or some other FLuPIC powered light will work, just stick it on the "Tactical" mode which starts first with the strobe. The only potential problem is that most FLuPIC powered lights (Intelli, Fire~Fly III), at least ones that are unmodded, is that they're twisties. Hardly "tactical". For the Intelli you can get the CAB extenstion (use it with a 14500 li-ion) and a Kroll switch and it'll work with a light thumb press for momentary use or click it on for constant on. Better yet would be to have Keven (goldserve) make you a custom one that works only with the strobe so you don't have to worry about it switching levels on you. Or put a longer delay on it so the modes won't switch on you unless you deliberately want it to.

Latest posts