Looking for someone to mod a Surefire U2

A1ex

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, just looking for someone that mods U2s. I bought one brand new(old stock) a while back and love the light and it's features but it's showing it's age in the brightness department lol. Just looking to get it "modernized". Thanks!'

nbp

Flashaholic
I just had Vinh54 mod mine with a new emitter and I am very happy with it. Gained a little in the brightness but most importantly a huge improvement in tint and color rendering while keeping the same great beam pattern.

A1ex

Newly Enlightened
I just had Vinh54 mod mine with a new emitter and I am very happy with it. Gained a little in the brightness but most importantly a huge improvement in tint and color rendering while keeping the same great beam pattern.
Thanks for the recommendation. Unfortunately he isn't modding U2s anymore :(

nbp

Flashaholic
Really? When did you ask him? He just did mine like a month ago. He didn't say anything about it being terrible to work on, though I guess that's possible.

A1ex

Newly Enlightened
Really? When did you ask him? He just did mine like a month ago. He didn't say anything about it being terrible to work on, though I guess that's possible.
I messaged him a week or so ago. He mentioned they were very aggravating to work on.

nbp

Flashaholic
Bummer. I don't know who to go to next then. When I posted my thread asking for someone to do it, nobody volunteered. I'm glad Vinh agreed to do it now!