• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Lumintop BLF GTvn V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Throw King

Hey Vinh, I stopped thinking about the CFT-90 upgrade since I expected the tint to be too cool even on the 5500k. For example, I'm not keeping my current BLF A6 5000K because the tint is too cool for me. However, those beamshots make the CFT-90 5500K look more like 4000K. Is that just a camera effect or is that CFT LED really that warm?

There is derfinitely tint variance with the 5500K. 2 of the four was a bit warmer than the other 2. All four shipped so I have none left. Either way they all look about 5000K to my eyes since the led is not over driven.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vinh,
have you considered putting a xhp70.2 as an option. I know it doesn't sound like it would produce great numbers, but someone on the other forum built one, and got 85 percent kcd of what the stock xhp35 is doin. Now it's a 10k lumen with decent throw.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Vinh,
have you considered putting a xhp70.2 as an option. I know it doesn't sound like it would produce great numbers, but someone on the other forum built one, and got 85 percent kcd of what the stock xhp35 is doin. Now it's a 10k lumen with decent throw.

I have thought about it and may be I will add it to the line up. Price wise it would suck from me though...At least $350-$375

star_c_star

Enlightened

Since I loved my BLF GTvn90 with 6500K CFT-90 LED so much, I ordered a second one.

It arrived today and I'll play with it when the batteries are charged. It probably won't be 1.75 Mcd like the first one, but that's OK.

Before this, I've only loved a flashlight enough to order two in two cases, the DEFT-X and REV-Victor Enthusiast. This giant BLF GT light is far beyond impressive, especially with the "searchlight" LED!

Last edited:

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

Since I loved my BLF GTvn90 with 6500K CFT-90 LED so much, I ordered a second one.

It arrived today and I'll play with it when the batteries are charged. It probably won't be 1.75 Mcd like the first one, but that's OK.

Before this, I've only loved a flashlight enough to order two in two cases, the DEFT-X and REV-Victor Enthusiast. This giant light is beyond impressive!

Agree.. I have a stock gt and gtvn90. I am getting used to a size. It's not even heavy.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Before this, I've only loved a flashlight enough to order two in two cases, the DEFT-X and REV-Victor Enthusiast. This giant BLF GT light is far beyond impressive, especially with the "searchlight" LED!
What do you use two for? Just curious as these are not cheap.

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast

I asked the same question...Actually many people do have identical lights...

In case one goes out... or in case that particular light becomes a collectible in the future I'll have on in Mint condition while I use the bonkers out of the other one!

star_c_star

Enlightened

I rarely purchase two of the same flashlight. The BLF GTvn90 impressed me so much I ordered a second one.

As to rationalizing the decision? I'll be less worried if I damage one (although Vinh could repair it). In the future, I can send one to Vinh to upgrade to the latest super LED. Also, the GT is an amazing host, which possibly won't be made for long due to its size. So, why not have two?

I remember saabluster told me that at least one person bought 3 of his REV-Victor Enthusiasts. That made me feel better, since I only bought 2.:grin2:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast

What do you use two for? Just curious as these are not cheap.
I use two X65vn, one in each hand, for insanely enhanced breathtaking flashlight performance. Not cheap, but well worth it to have two of something awesome. Also, to have two, one as a backup, as mentioned. And one for further future modification, as mentioned. When the time comes for me to get this item, if I am exuberantly thrilled with it, I will buy another, too.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast

I rarely purchase two of the same flashlight. The BLF GTvn90 impressed me so much I ordered a second one.

As to rationalizing the decision? I'll be less worried if I damage one (although Vinh could repair it). In the future, I can send one to Vinh to upgrade to the latest super LED. Also, the GT is an amazing host, which possibly won't be made for long due to its size. So, why not have two?

I remember saabluster told me that at least one person bought 3 of his REV-Victor Enthusiasts. That made me feel better, since I only bought 2.:grin2:
Which spec did you go with

Mike9028

Enlightened

This might have been discussed and I apologize in advance if it has and I missed it but what about swapping out the XHP35 HI for a XHP 70.2 dedome to reduce the high cost of the CFT-90. I understand throw wont compare to the CFT-90 but higher lumen output and still pushing good lux would make it a good balance between the XHP35 HI and CFT90, no?

I went with:

Spec 6: CFT-90 6500K, ~4500-5000 Lumen, +1.5Mcd, +2450m Throw

Those were preliminary numbers.

Here are the actual numbers from his website.Still very impressive with the throw[- 450m] being the only difference.

$600 Spec 6 CFT-90 6500K - Best Lumen with near max throw in cool tint
Lumen: 5000
Intensity: 1Mcd
Throw: 2000m

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

GT still throws 1.5m cd with the CFT90. It's the TN42 that only has 1m.

Status
Not open for further replies.