• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Lumintop BLF GTvn V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zandar

Enlightened
Re: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Throw King

Seriously 1.5 m candella, thats just pitiful!!! My light on it"s way here easily throws 2million cd for an exceptional beam distance of 2950 meter give or take!!!!

hahoo

Enlightened

Seriously 1.5 m candella, thats just pitiful!!! My light on it"s way here easily throws 2million cd for an exceptional beam distance of 2950 meter give or take!!!!
and mine throws 4500 meters, and its in my hand right now.....

Zandar

Enlightened

and mine throws 4500 meters, and its in my hand right now.....
Ooh I heard about your's, the Fiat Lux that lit up the International Space Station!, have fun explaining your actions at the International court in The Hague. so who's laughing now, at least I don't have 3 different countries vying to try me for espionage!, pall! My little baby will be here soon enough...

star_c_star

Enlightened

I am curious about these flashlights that throw 2950 meters and 4500 meters.

Are they regular modded LED flashlights, or something more exotic?

I thought my 1.75 Mcd and 1.6 Mcd BLF GTvn90's were near the top of the heap.:thinking:

Last edited:

star_c_star

Enlightened

Nothing really compares to short arc xenon tho.

I understand and agree, but only wanted to compare with other LED flashlights.

In more detail, all I meant was that the BLF GTvn90 probably has the most throw of any regular modded LED flashlight. If there are other modded LED flashlights available with more throw, I would be interested in learning about them. I've seen built-from-parts exotic LED flashlights that produce 3 - 8 million Mcd, shown on CPF and BLF, but those are not regular modded LED flashlights which can be easily purchased.

Last edited:

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

I understand and agree, but only wanted to compare with other LED flashlights.

In more detail, all I meant was that the BLF GTvn90 probably has the most throw of any regular modded LED flashlight. If there are other modded LED flashlights available with more throw, I would be interested in learning about them. I've seen built-from-parts exotic LED flashlights that produce 3 - 8 million Mcd, shown on CPF and BLF, but those are not regular modded LED flashlights which can be easily purchased.

Yes , agree.

Zandar

Enlightened

Star C Star, I was just pre-flashlight boasting. Vinh has told me that his numbers are more relevant to comparing one flashlight to another because of limitations in his testing environment. I believe your units are rated at 1.5 and 1.7 right? Mine is really supposed to be a minimum 1.5 mcd and the throw is supposed to exceed 2450 meters. As you know luck of the draw, in how each led performs, and tint also play a big part in the overall throw distance. At this time, the CFT 90, bright white, edition of this light "probably" has the longest throw of any "regular modded" led based flashlight, with the caveat of what is a regularly modded light?
Here were still using the original reflector and host but pretty much everything else has been upgraded! You and I both own Rev Victor Enthusiasts, with aspheric lenses to achieve throw, again a heavily modified light that in this case uses 2015 technology. I thinK it comes down to where you draw the line, does having an aspheric lenses disqualify the Rev Victor from being a "regular modded light"?
For that matter, our Spec 6 version of Vinh's light uses a specially upgraded battery carrier, that the Rev Victor doesn't benefit from ( stock carrier, I believe) that allows much more power than the original design to reach the circuit board.
Would this disqualify Vhn's light? What about the dedomed versions that have already been built? From everything I've read we should not even be able to perceive the difference a few hundred thousand candela would make in a shoot out between all three of our lights at those projected distances!

And more importantly, for purposes other than boasting, does it really matter what criteria you use to categorize this light Other than "led based thrower"?

That being said, there are others on CPF and The BLF that are working overtime to modify this light. In fact there are at least two projects ,underway, to add aspheric lenses to this light That theoretically should deliver a "probable pencil type beam" way over 2 miles with an intensity of greater than 4 mcd.. So now we're firmly in the Arc light , HID category and at least for a time we may see led based lights taking the crown.

Keitho

Enlightened

Vinh, I have to admit, I was skeptical of the claim you made in your video that the short battery tube made the light feel and handle better. But, I bought it anyway. Pictures and video don't do it justice--it really does make the light have less of a "Hulk's flashlight" look and feel. With the shorter tube and the soft cover, I'm a lot more likely to throw it in a bag in the trunk of my car and actually use it.

star_c_star

Enlightened

Star C Star, I was just pre-flashlight boasting. Vinh has told me that his numbers are more relevant to comparing one flashlight to another because of limitations in his testing environment. I believe your units are rated at 1.5 and 1.7 right? Mine is really supposed to be a minimum 1.5 mcd and the throw is supposed to exceed 2450 meters. As you know luck of the draw, in how each led performs, and tint also play a big part in the overall throw distance. At this time, the CFT 90, bright white, edition of this light "probably" has the longest throw of any "regular modded" led based flashlight, with the caveat of what is a regularly modded light?
Here were still using the original reflector and host but pretty much everything else has been upgraded! You and I both own Rev Victor Enthusiasts, with aspheric lenses to achieve throw, again a heavily modified light that in this case uses 2015 technology. I thinK it comes down to where you draw the line, does having an aspheric lenses disqualify the Rev Victor from being a "regular modded light"?
For that matter, our Spec 6 version of Vinh's light uses a specially upgraded battery carrier, that the Rev Victor doesn't benefit from ( stock carrier, I believe) that allows much more power than the original design to reach the circuit board.
Would this disqualify Vhn's light? What about the dedomed versions that have already been built? From everything I've read we should not even be able to perceive the difference a few hundred thousand candela would make in a shoot out between all three of our lights at those projected distances!

And more importantly, for purposes other than boasting, does it really matter what criteria you use to categorize this light Other than "led based thrower"?

That being said, there are others on CPF and The BLF that are working overtime to modify this light. In fact there are at least two projects ,underway, to add aspheric lenses to this light That theoretically should deliver a "probable pencil type beam" way over 2 miles with an intensity of greater than 4 mcd.. So now we're firmly in the Arc light , HID category and at least for a time we may see led based lights taking the crown.

My definition of a regular modded flashlight is one that uses the original flashlight body. Changes that leave the original flashlight body intact include adding aspheric lenses, changing LEDS and adding LEDS, adding new reflectors, dedoming LEDs, adding wavien collars. making modifications to the batteries or battery carriers, adding extra heat sinking, improving the wiring, and replacing the driver. I'm sure I have missed some choices.

I've seen LED flashlight builds that use custom ordered giant reflectors, PVC tube bodies, etc., which did not start with a flashlight to be modded. They can produce giant candela numbers, but typically are not for sale.

Also,I suppose one can do something like make a bigger special BLF GT head that screws into the BLF GT body, but with an 8 inch reflector. I'd probably buy one. Is that a modded BLF GT flashlight, or an entirely new one (BLF Super Giga Thrower anyone)?

I hope someone does make a BLF GT with a CFT-90 LED, a giant aspheric lens, and a wavien collar. If it is 4 Mcd or more, I'd buy it.

Last edited:

Zandar

Enlightened

My definition of a regular modded flashlight is one that uses the original flashlight body. Changes that leave the original flashlight body intact include adding aspheric lenses, changing LEDS and adding LEDS, adding new reflectors, dedoming LEDs, adding wavien collars. making modifications to the batteries or battery carriers, adding extra heat sinking, improving the wiring, and replacing the driver. I'm sure I have missed some choices.

I've seen LED flashlight builds that use custom ordered giant reflectors, PVC tube bodies, etc., which did not start with a flashlight to be modded. They can produce giant candela numbers, but typically are not for sale.

Also,I suppose one can do something like make a bigger special BLF GT head that screws into the BLF GT body, but with an 8 inch reflector. I'd probably buy one. Is that a modded BLF GT flashlight, or an entirely new one (BLF Super Giga Thrower anyone)?

I hope someone does make a BLF GT with a CFT-90 LED, a giant aspheric lens, and a wavien collar. If it is 4 Mcd or more, I'd buy it.[/QUOTE

star c star,
I like your thinking, if you want to start your own movement for the "BLF GT Super Gigantic Thrower", please count me in!!!

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Massdrop - ordered. Get yours today!

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/lumint...ontent=1526887492430.664992246122232965748212

3ee5cb36a9595a9f8b9165ea2a9000d9.jpg

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I built a GTvn with 6V 70.2 VNX2 today and got 570Kcd. Lumen is unknown as light is too big for my sphere.
I will build another 12V 70.2 and see what I get

Do you guys want 70.2 Dome on or Shave Dome? Shave Dome will be like 4000K warm. Let me know ;-)

Saul M

Newly Enlightened

So does Spec 5 or 6 reduce life expectancy with the LED & driver over the stock Lumintop version? Would it require a step down alot quicker?

As for 5500K or 6500K. My take is 6500K will look better for the beam in the sky-more blue while 5500K is better for actual spotting things. Hard choice.

What about a quick charger port on tail cap setup while still being able to remove the 18650 cells aswell?

How does this compare in person to the Lemux 70 superpower? Looks like the Lemux's hotspot is too small really, same as maxabeam & lance of ra.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast

440573_D8-341_D-4099-858_C-20738_A861124.png
[/URL][/IMG]
I built a GTvn with 6V 70.2 VNX2 today and got 570Kcd. Lumen is unknown as light is too big for my sphere.
I will build another 12V 70.2 and see what I get

Do you guys want 70.2 Dome on or Shave Dome? Shave Dome will be like 4000K warm. Let me know ;-)

absolutely shaved domed for sure! From my reports and finding, a shaved dome gave a 40% increase in lux over a domed 70.2 for a gt. And the loss of lumens was minimal. And when he added a mosfet, look at those numbers! Insane

Last edited:

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

So does Spec 5 or 6 reduce life expectancy with the LED & driver over the stock Lumintop version? Would it require a step down alot quicker?

As for 5500K or 6500K. My take is 6500K will look better for the beam in the sky-more blue while 5500K is better for actual spotting things. Hard choice.

What about a quick charger port on tail cap setup while still being able to remove the 18650 cells aswell?

How does this compare in person to the Lemux 70 superpower? Looks like the Lemux's hotspot is too small really, same as maxabeam & lance of ra.

Just use the flashlights like you normally use... vinh modded the led within safe zone.. when the light get hot, just step it down..

for the tint, cft90 6500k or 5500k, you cant really tell.. just a tiny bit different.. 5500k is not very neutral. i personally choose 6500k..

yes. You can remove the 18650 from the carrier and charge them.. example you can charge them on the nitecore d4...

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

So does Spec 5 or 6 reduce life expectancy with the LED & driver over the stock Lumintop version? I dont think so

Would it require a step down alot quicker? Heat is not really an issue in this big host.

What about a quick charger port on tail cap setup while still being able to remove the 18650 cells aswell? Not yet an option.

How does this compare in person to the Lemux 70 superpower? Looks like the Lemux's hotspot is too small really, same as maxabeam & lance of ra. Relatively Huge hot spot with CFT90

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

We just have to accept that Shave Doem makes the tint very warm and kinda yellow...I don't like it much...

440573_D8-341_D-4099-858_C-20738_A861124.png
[/URL][/IMG]

absolutely shaved domed for sure! From my reports and finding, a shaved dome gave a 40% increase in lux over a domed 70.2 for a gt. And the loss of lumens was minimal. And when he added a mosfet, look at those numbers! Insane

Status
Not open for further replies.