• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Lumintop SD26vn - Smallest 26650 Thrower

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Exactly Steve... lolol. I imagine I'll need to remove the head with a vice and other tools that I don't have :). I'll just use a wrench and a hammer... I'll get it open.

Then when it's completely destroyed I'll order another one with the Pro tail cap. Haha win-win!

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Exactly Steve... lolol. I imagine I'll need to remove the head with a vice and other tools that I don't have :). I'll just use a wrench and a hammer... I'll get it open.

Then when it's completely destroyed I'll order another one with the Pro tail cap. Haha win-win!

I got my bezel off my R50vnP with my bare hands to give it the DHT treatment. I would love to DHT the blue button surround as well. If you find that it's easy, please do tell.

Skeeterg

Enlightened
Sorly mate,the Imalent DN35 is just a bit smaller,and throws a bit farther. Plus has 2200 lumens,but I am sure you knew this,and made a small error.

Capolini

Banned
Sorly mate,the Imalent DN35 is just a bit smaller,and throws a bit farther. Plus has 2200 lumens,but I am sure you knew this,and made a small error.

iirc there numbers have been known to be over blown[inaccurate]

I also noticed it has a "Burst" output. That is usually a short time for MAX output[2200] lumens.Maybe 1 minute,,3 minutes at the most.I have seen some lights where it lasted less than 30 seconds or you had to keep your finger on the switch for it to stay activated!

2 to 2.5 years ago Most of the manufacturers starting coming up with these "Burst" modes. Basically it is deceiving and an advertising ploy that they all use to get the buyers attention. You have to read in between ANSI'S LINES!! You are NOT getting 2h 10m of run time on turbo,,,,,,,,,,it is ANSI's feeble criteria that allows that!

High is 1500 lumens which is more realistic for extended MAX output.

That is pretty good for a small single celled torch.

Last edited:

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast

No no wim-wim

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I contacted Vinh and he said the rubber boot needed to be removed with a knife. He said that the process could scratch the surface of the light but that he was willing to try for me... nice guy.

Well I don't want to mail the light to Kent so I figured... I CAN SO THIS. Well I ruined it, and now I want to cry.
28kucqt.jpg
Only light I've ever had special feelings for too. I'm so stupid.

savztx.jpg

30k52rb.jpg

o7u0c6.jpg

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vinh I'm sorry for posting this in your Lumintop thread but if I posted in the lounge too many people would see it. :mecry: The rubber tore so easily.

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I'm glad you took the battery out first..I'm proud of you for making the attempt. Do not throw the light away it can be fixed still.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vinh I'll order another R50vn and you can put the Pro tailcap on it? Or I order the Pro and you put the R50vn stuff inside it?

:twak: Should I even bother sending my R50vn in to you or should I just send it to OG for mounting onto a pedestal so he can use it as centerpiece for family photos?

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vinh I'll order another R50vn and you can put the Pro tailcap on it? Or I order the Pro and you put the R50vn stuff inside it?

:twak: Should I even bother sending my R50vn in to you or should I just send it to OG for mounting onto a pedestal so he can use it as centerpiece for family photos?
Family photos are good idea.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I'm glad you took the battery out first..I'm proud of you for making the attempt. Do not throw the light away it can be fixed still.

I didn't take out the battery. After I finished making my mess it crossed my mind that sticking that metal knife inside there could've been dangerous. So I removed the battery for the pictures. And now I've told on myself.

Hey at least I didn't use my new Sage 1.... :mecry: yes I did. I switched it out for that piece of crap knife someone gave me for Christmas. Good knife's ok though thank goodness.

MC408

Enlightened
Man. Bummer! . But always appreciate the learning lessons shared and honesty in your story telling. Wimmer story time is one of the great highlights of CPF!

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't take out the battery. After I finished making my mess it crossed my mind that sticking that metal knife inside there could've been dangerous. So I removed the battery for the pictures. And now I've told on myself.

Hey at least I didn't use my new Sage 1.... :mecry: yes I did. I switched it out for that piece of crap knife someone gave me for Christmas. Good knife's ok though thank goodness.
Frost cutlery. I was wondering about that..I hesitated to ask. I still think you took the battery out first:)

MC408

Enlightened

LMAO! I haven't been around long enough, but I'm tempted to accuse OG and Wimmer of staging this show for everyone's entertainment! You couldn't write this stuff!

"Give it a shot wim, only way to learn, easier than you think!"

I call shenanigans! lol

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
This whole thing was my ingenious plan to get a new (short version) R50vn whilst also cutting my own self down to size.

2nia4bl.jpg

Last edited:

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
LMAO! I haven't been around long enough, but I'm tempted to accuse OG and Wimmer of staging this show for everyone's entertainment! You couldn't write this stuff!

"Give it a shot wim, only way to learn, easier than you think!"

I call shenanigans! lol

We have a winner!

First prize gets... haha I can't remember what that stupid light was called. Something X800? They change the name of it twice a week then act as if it's new. lol

Latest posts