• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Lumintop SD26vn - Smallest 26650 Thrower

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
eekazum:
Now your pics have me changing my mind - just have to move my grip up.
But I use a lanyard at times, so that won't work...

Agreed. Pro version doesn't have a lanyard option. Eventually I intend to zip a ziptie somewhere and run a lanyard through that. It's a cheap and dirty job but it works! And it serves as anti-roll!

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vinh I'll order another R50vn and you can put the Pro tailcap on it? Or I order the Pro and you put the R50vn stuff inside it?

:twak: Should I even bother sending my R50vn in to you or should I just send it to OG for mounting onto a pedestal so he can use it as centerpiece for family photos?

dayum wim, did you at least figure out why it stopped clicking to begin with?

Hey, which spec R50vn did you have? I got the XHP70 cw and the nichia. both are really useful in their own way and I have yet to kill either battery!

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
No. It wasn't a little half bubble that I could pull back out like I expected. I still have no idea why it stopped clicking. We were in love so maybe I forgot something and was just getting the silent treatment. If so I really showed her didn't I.

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
dang. tough love.

silent treatment vs knife, Round 1... FIGHT!

Knife wins!

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
No. It wasn't a little half bubble that I could pull back out like I expected. I still have no idea why it stopped clicking. We were in love so maybe I forgot something and was just getting the silent treatment. If so I really showed her didn't I.

Well, better to have loved and lost..... [emoji4]

At least you gave the fix a try Steve, well done. Not to mention fronting up here, with pictures to show it. You keep it real, and that takes the pressure off of everyone else here. [emoji106]

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I don't know about all that Steve, but I think I know where I went wrong... other than the obvious :rolleyes: . I was suppose to use the knife to pry off the blue ring. I never should have touched the rubber with the blade. Total rookie move that was.

Anyway I placed an order for a new one (spec 4) early this morning. And Vinh said to mail the damaged light to him for patching, so eventually I'll have a gf AND a mistress under the same roof! It could get ugly.

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I don't know about all that Steve, but I think I know where I went wrong... other than the obvious :rolleyes: . I was suppose to use the knife to pry off the blue ring. I never should have touched the rubber with the blade. Total rookie move that was.

Anyway I placed an order for a new one (spec 4) early this morning. And Vinh said to mail the damaged light to him for patching, so eventually I'll have a gf AND a mistress under the same roof! It could get ugly.
They will blind each other.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great beam shots OG. Good comparison shows the SD26vn's larger hot spot and power advantage over the miniVN, as expected. The second pic illustrates how well the XPL PDT performs in regards to both throw and useful spill. I also like Driver VNX2. Losing use of the USB charging port is of little concern.

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great beam shots OG. Good comparison shows the SD26vn's larger hot spot and power advantage over the miniVN, as expected. The second pic illustrates how well the XPL PDT performs in regards to both throw and useful spill. I also like Driver VNX2. Losing use of the USB charging port is of little concern.
I agree usb I would never use anyways. Super bright great throw 26650 long run times. Hot spot is amazing..