• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

M43vn - Best of 2015?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Vinh, will an XPL or xml2 dedome be going out for testing? It's not really a question of whether I'm getting this light, just a question of which option.

Sure when I have a XPL PDTc version made. As of now I don't have enough PDTc.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suspect Vinh is going to have to raise the price on his XPG2 dedome.

$180 is actually $8 cheaper than the stock unmodified XPG2 dedome from International Outdoors or Mountain.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I suspect Vinh is going to have to raise the price on his XPG2 dedome.

$180 is actually $8 cheaper than the stock unmodified XPG2 dedome from International Outdoors or Mountain.

I am allowed to sell it at $180 because I am offering the dedome service for free. Therefore I am not breaking any MAP rules.

lumentia

Enlightened
OK Vinh, I have decided to get one, but want one in either the XPG2 S3 3D or Nichia 219b. Can you get either one of these?

Luxion

Newly Enlightened
I have a stock TN36. When I switch it on in Turbo after 15 minutes in tailstand the head of the lamp has 70°C.
My MM15 after the same test has 62°C.
It is not so easy to switch it off without gloves.
Up to now I'm not sure if I should make this test with the Meteor or not..

I think you are fine to run your test. As I said in an earlier post my XP-G2 version never exceeded 53C, but ambient was also 24C. I am not suggesting that you run it for 15 minutes like you did your TN36 though, but thermal regulation should prevent it from ever reaching anything close to that anyway. What cells were you using in your TN36?

lumentia

Enlightened
Curious to see if you decided between the two, and why.
I decided on the xpg2 s3 3d dome on model. Just judging from the beamshots above, the nichia looks a little too brown for me. And if what I read is true- 3d tint is better than the 3c and the m43 will ship with 3d-, then I think I'll be happy with that especially considering the output vs price vs heat difference. I think (just a hunch) running each version of the light on a setting of equivalent brightness-xpg2 dome on vs 219b-, the nichia will produce more heat and use more juice. Not to mention it's $30 more.

And it's hard to pass up 7000 lumens, even if it is just for a minute or 2 (I'm fine with that). If I want a light that will run for 30 minutes or 1 hr at 7000 lumen I am realistic enough to accept the fact that it's going to have to be much much larger with way more surface area using the technology we have available to us now.

Someday, they'll find a way for emitters to reject more heat out the front with the photons (I have a hunch how to do it- putting the phosphorus coating on a mirror finish substrate and an anti reflective coating on the emitter side of the dome or flat cap).

Someday I'll try a light with nichia 219b to see if I like it but it'll be one that's a little cheaper in case I dont.

Last edited:

livinloud

Newly Enlightened
Vinh, are you only getting the dark grey version or are you getting some light grey ones as well?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Vinh, are you only getting the dark grey version or are you getting some light grey ones as well?

Ummmm Let me ask again...I know for sure I can get dark gray but the white ones I think are still out of stock. I will confirm though.

urausb

Newly Enlightened
I think you are fine to run your test. As I said in an earlier post my XP-G2 version never exceeded 53C, but ambient was also 24C. I am not suggesting that you run it for 15 minutes like you did your TN36 though, but thermal regulation should prevent it from ever reaching anything close to that anyway. What cells were you using in your TN36?

I did the test.
After 15 minutes the TN36 has 68°C, the Meteor M43 with XP-G2 S4 2B has 49°C. Perfect thermal regulation!:twothumbs

urausb

Newly Enlightened

Sorry I forgot the type of the cells.
TN36: Keeppower 3200mAh, unprotected, 10A
M43: Efest IMR2500mAh, 20A
I can not edit my former post because I have less than 5 posts.