• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

M43vn VS MK34vn

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depends greatly on price how well a light sell... MK34vn is much easier to hold inmy small hand but you loose performance with 1 less cell. Sticking to XPG3 or 219c will yield a big cost saving. Going XPL PDT, or Goldilock variety will bump up price fast. We will see how 219c go. I have a feeling this is a great light for the 219c.
i see what your saying about saving cost but you think it will be possible to have 3-4 options for those of us that are willing to pay a bit more for say dedomed xg2/3, dedomed xml2/xpl?
43k lux don't seem much.
But please keep base version also for best price

ven

Flashaholic
Would be a nice flooder w 4000K XPLhi
Floody seems ok for these coke cans.

+1
xpl HI 4000k are real nice

Its more the form for me, the design is kind of odd............no doubt it will just take time to get used to it. imho the m43vn is hard to beat for a compact power house that can be pocketed(coat or clown pants) , yet blast 11k out when needed..............amazing little beast to take on.

niktak11

Newly Enlightened
The MK34VN is tiny. Seems like it would make a lot more sense for my stubby fingers than the M43VN. Big hands might like the M43VN IDK. Also the switch seems like it would be less frustrating to access in the dark with the triangular shape but I'm just speculating. I know with the round lights I can sometimes spin it round three or four times before contacting the side switch.
The M43 is almost too small for my average sized hands

markr6

Flashaholic
The M43 is almost too small for my average sized hands

Just small and awkward in general for me. I really wanted to like it, but I had to let it go. A 3x18650 is the max for me. I just don't know about the UI on this one, and unfortunately, I'm sure the DriverVNX2 is out of my budget.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look like we are even or m43vn is better
I think the best thing the mk34vn got going is actually the price. Not design,size,weight,etc...
If vinh says it's about a $100 cheaper than the m43vn, that makes the mk34vn about a $100 for the base version. As long as that version has a vn driver, I still think it should sell fairly well. I have lots of pop cans, but for that price, I'll get one.

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking for a light that's more of a "red bull" girth rather than pop can. m43 as great as it is, is a bit thick. 3 cells for me is perfect, but depends on what the sacrifice is on overall output. it will be hard to beat m43 build quality, for a beater light that's easier to carry and cheaper, I wont mind at all.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will dedoming help much with this type of reflector? I think I would give up some lumens for more throw. 65kcd will be good.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Believe it or not I am out of DriverVNX for testing LOL. I have high hopes for other LED options. The size is noticeably smaller and more comfortable to hold for my small hands than the M43vn. Will update soon on this one after I get a chance to build more varieties. Same goes with U21vn comparison video.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
I'm looking for a light that's more of a "red bull" girth rather than pop can. m43 as great as it is, is a bit thick. 3 cells for me is perfect, but depends on what the sacrifice is on overall output. it will be hard to beat m43 build quality, for a beater light that's easier to carry and cheaper, I wont mind at all.
Yeah, leaning red bull for preference here too. Just seems more wieldy, pocketable and practical, at least when it comes to forcing these type of lights into the edc arena.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alright. You guys can say whatever you want... lol.. i know i am not interested mk34 design.. i rather go for the big than triangular shape light....

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast

Maybe this is what your after?! I wouldn't mind having one with a vnx driver.
http://m.banggood.com/DQG-Tiny-26650-3th-7x-XP-G2-CW-2500LM-4modes-EDC-LED-Flashlight-p-1110730.html

EDness

Newly Enlightened
So the stock 219c used in the MK34 is 4000k D240 CRI 92. Confirmed with Manker. Wonder how much Vinh can push out this light.

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just checked the specs on the website.

Working voltage: 2.8v - 4.35v

lstmichel

Enlightened
the Cree website states a max of 32W for the XHP70
assuming a boost driver, this could be drawing up to 10-11A per cell when the cell voltage is low
so that's doable - what about the existing reflectors and potential beam artifacts (donut holes for instance)