• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

M43vn VS MK34vn

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
XPG3 CW is good for Cool White in this light. 219c is terrible in this light. so freaking yellow. XPL HI 5000K will be tried next in this light. Hoping to get a nice neutral.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Came across the mk34 and decided to see first if it was a topic here prior to pulling the trigger. I'll see what the developments are first! :)

EDness

Newly Enlightened
I read that Sanyo 18650GA is the only cell that fits in this light...that's only a 10A cell. It's fine for the stock version, but what about the VN version?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Coming soon ;-)

MK34vn + XPG3 6500K + DriverVNX2 = 7,200 Lumen, 43K Lux
MK34vn + XPL HI 5000K + DriverVN2 = 7,400 Lumen, 53K Lux

LarryB

Enlightened
I have both of the stock lights, and while I really like both of them, if I could only have one it would probably be the MK34, even though the M43 is brighter. I probably have average or slightly larger hands (medium gloves are tight and large are a bit loose) the MK34 just feels good in my hand. While bragging rights go to the M43, and it probably is better quality, the MK34 feels high quality and has more than enough light for any reasonable application. Fortunately, I don't have to decide between them, although I'm going to for sure ask Vinh to upgrade the MK34. I don't know if I'll upgrade the M43, because it's great stock, and the X7vn takes the bragging rights from both of them. :grin2:

ProCharger

Enlightened
I have both of the stock lights, and while I really like both of them, if I could only have one it would probably be the MK34, even though the M43 is brighter. I probably have average or slightly larger hands (medium gloves are tight and large are a bit loose) the MK34 just feels good in my hand. While bragging rights go to the M43, and it probably is better quality, the MK34 feels high quality and has more than enough light for any reasonable application. Fortunately, I don't have to decide between them, although I'm going to for sure ask Vinh to upgrade the MK34. I don't know if I'll upgrade the M43, because it's great stock, and the X7vn takes the bragging rights from both of them. :grin2:

https://youtu.be/WTngEnPEh98

LarryB

Enlightened
Thanks ProCharger--after watching the video I really agree with Vinh--it's a great size, feels great in the hand, and puts out MORE than enough light for most real requirements.

RollerBoySE

Enlightened

I also prefer my MK34.
Size, design and UI makes it the better choice for real world usage.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Coming soon ;-)

MK34vn + XPG3 6500K + DriverVNX2 = 7,200 Lumen, 43K Lux
MK34vn + XPL HI 5000K + DriverVN2 = 7,400 Lumen, 53K Lux

These numbers look a bit odd to me. I would have expected xpl hi to have more than 200 lumens over xpg3.
And I would have expected xpg3 to have higher lux than xpl hi.
Maybe xpg2 outthrows xpg3?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Its hard for dome on LED to outthrow domeless LED
However
Domeless LED tends to put out less output than dome on. XPG3 is brighter than XPG2 so the gap is closer.
I think the numbers makes sense

Latest posts