Mac EDC SST-50 photo shoot.

Barbarian

Enlightened
Dan,

The aluminum SST-50 EDC will be perfect for you to carry in your pocket. I carry mine (no clip) in my left pocket.

If you are right handed, carrying the light in your left pocket is the correct call. It is a good habit to always use your flashlight with your "weak" hand to keep your strong hand available for whatever else is needed.

Dan,

The aluminum SST-50 EDC will be perfect for you to carry in your pocket. I carry mine (no clip) in my left pocket.

If you are right handed, carrying the light in your left pocket is the correct call. It is a good habit to always use your flashlight with your "weak" hand to keep your strong hand available for whatever else is needed.
Tim, I just can't do aluminum. Must be Ti. :D

I'm a lefty. And I usually carry it in my left pocket. No idea why.

Barbarian

Enlightened
That Ti version is very sweet, eh? Tremendous light indeed. :party:

The aluminum version is very light weight and is perfect to carry in the pocket of your shorts in the summer. You hardly notice it is there. ;)

NightKids

Enlightened
Yes I just bought the aluminium version and absolutely love it. Just waiting for my IMR's to come to unleash the beast.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dan,

Ok - one last hijack of the photo thread. I'm like Troy - I favor Ti, but for the throw it around EDC I'm okay with aluminum - uncoated even better. And I am right handed and just naturally seem to favor putting the light in my left pocket....go figure!

Now if I could just find a TI AND ALUMINUM one(s)!!

fyrstormer

Banned
Left pocket: house keys, car keys, server room keys.

Right pocket: tiny pen, tiny multi-tool, Peak Eiger 10280, tiny can opener, tweezers, tiny USB drive, lucky silver dime.

So, there's not a lot of room in my right pocket to let my main light drop into the pocket without causing discomfort. Hence the clip. Why not put it in my left pocket? Well...putting lots of stuff in my left pocket has always been more uncomfortable, I don't know why. And now my keys hang from my left pocket, so if I hung two things from the same pocket I wouldn't be able to get my hand into it.

RIDE

Enlightened
Troy........your shots are amazing!!!

I seriously need one of these.....the ti is calling my name!!!

Oh and I would do the clip....kind of like them for when I wear jeans. :) But I must admit that yours look soooooooooo clean Troy!

RIDE

fyrstormer

Banned
I dunno, now that I've finally seen what good clips look like, I kinda look at them like stylish neckties -- which, ironically, I also hated until I learned what they were really good for.

(It turns out the French invented them as a way to make shirt collars adjustable in size; you're not supposed to use the top button on a shirt when you're wearing a tie, but that doesn't stop everyone from screwing it up -- nor me from telling everyone at business meetings that they're screwing it up. :D)

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dunno, now that I've finally seen what good clips look like, I kinda look at them like stylish neckties -- which, ironically, I also hated until I learned what they were really good for.

(It turns out the French invented them as a way to make shirt collars adjustable in size; you're not supposed to use the top button on a shirt when you're wearing a tie, but that doesn't stop everyone from screwing it up -- nor me from telling everyone at business meetings that they're screwing it up. :D)

Okay - I learned something new. So I am even now unbuttoning my top button! It's darn hot outside - ties are a bit sadistic in this weather anyway!

When I use a clip, it is usually for attaching a lanyard - and Mac's clips and McGizmo clips are certainly the best, IMHO.

fyrstormer

Banned
Actually, cufflinks are the same way; you know how most shirts come with two cuff buttons per sleeve, and neither one is ever, ever the right size? Well, shirts with French cuffs use cufflinks comprised of two buttons connected by an adjustable chain, so you can get the cuffs to fit just right. Apparently the French actually put some thought into their clothing design at some point over the past thousand years. Amazing how people get good at things they focus on, iddnit? :D

daimleramg

Banned
I'd like to add my Mac EDC shots to the thread.

All four of mine (two Ti and two brass) have the same drivers:
65000k, 3 mode 2800mah. In addition, all four are, per my request, custom-made with no drill holes for the clip. All four tails are hole-free. :D

IMG_5129.jpg

IMG_5130.jpg

IMG_5133.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous without clips, I'm a no-clip man myself and do not understand why people would destory the perfect shape of a light with clips.

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually I'm on the SPY007 owners registry so I guess I should keep my mouth closed about having issues :tinfoil: lovecpf

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't feel bad about that. I just picked up yet another Brass SST, bringing the total to five of this Mac gem: three brass and two Ti. :shrug: :twothumbs

New photos!! New photos! How in the world did I miss that one? :mecry:

And I parted with one of my 3 Haikus today, so only 2 remain!! :crazy:

Gotta buy something...Gotta buy something...Gotta buy something...Gotta buy something...Gotta buy something...Gotta buy something...Gotta buy something...:eek: